Forum > Age of the Big Battalions

Northstar 1866 range

<< < (8/8)

nicknorthstar:
Well, I'm a fan.

It's like a lot of things, I was a big SCW fan, but really I was a voice in the wilderness, and now I've gone onto other things I can see how uninterested most gamers are. And lets not even start on the French Dutch War 1672.

I play our Death in the Dark Continent for Colonial Africa, and it gives a good even game. Of course the spear armed natives are up against it when faced with Imperial Redcoats, but I've shooed them off many a time. It's just tactically taxing.

Johnp4000:
I have to be honest Nick, I was going to ask you about the popularity of the 1672 range as it seems to be a crossover between the Nine years war and the WSS which again doesn't seem as popular as the 7 years war.
I always been a fan of the period and interesting mix of technology and tactics, and all in colour before the world goes all khaki and field grey.
At the level of Death in  the dark continent I think the poor natives stand a better chance than in the game that Black powder normally represents?

traveller:
Well, beside the 1866 war the range has potential for Denmark 1864, Italy 1860s and France 1870, not to mention VSF and to use the jaegers for conversion into German police. Its a great range that just needs some attention. Maybe a potential Nickstarter ;)

juergen c. olk:
Nick follow your heart on occasion...it; does your soul good....I feel your pain though ,I currently got doe converting fillubusters for William Walkers campaign in Nicaraugua in the 1850;s  ..my group looked at me and went why?....I don;t care...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version