Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:26:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: What should be added to the Copplestone range?  (Read 24467 times)

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: What should be added to the Copplestone range?
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2018, 09:03:08 AM »
It's fair to say there is a significant demand out there for more of Mark's most excellent sculpts.......
"...and as always, we are dealing with strange forces far beyond our comprehension...."

All limitations are self imposed.  Work hard and dream big.

Offline Sir Rodney Ffing

• Scientist
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2018, 01:31:05 PM »
I concur on both points.  For a great painter, they must be a treat to paint and the results the likes of Steve Dean and Mark Hargreaves are able to achieve show just how good the sculpts are. Even for a hamfist like me, a credible and pleasing outcome is possible with patience.

Hopefully the interest and suggestions in this thread will convince Mr. Copplestone and Nick at North Star that there is life in the range yet and it is worth adding to it. 

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2018, 08:40:04 PM »
The missing parts are:- white russians infantry and cavalry- cossacks infantry- more czech legion- more anarchist- finnish troops- american, french and british forces

I think I will find more...
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline Nogbad

• Assistant
« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2018, 04:10:03 PM »
But what I'd REALLY like to ask Mark Copplestone is why he had to allow NorthStar to split up his cavalry quartets into packs of three. Of course it doesn't matter doing this if there are only nominal differences between each figure but in the case of Back of Beyond, there are often huge differences!
It's really cheeky (to put it mildly) as the only reason I can see for it is to force people to likely to have to buy  extra packs just to get the figure they want. The old cardboard boxes that used to hold four mounted figures worked perfectly well (and were much better for the environment than those ridiculous plastic packs now).
Rant over.

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2018, 04:55:42 PM »
I don't see the need for that rant Nogbad. You're wrong. Just because you can only see one reason doesn't make it the right reason. I'll pass the rant onto Mr Copplestone.

Offline Over Open Sights

• Scientist
    • Over Open Sights
« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2018, 08:09:43 PM »
 Such kind words, Sir Rodney. That reminds me that I must post images of Steve's bolo Cadets, Train Guard and ChON. All Copplestone figures with a few minor changes. I have been neglectful of LAF of late.

One can never have too many different chaps in Wolseley Foreign Service helmets. However, we needore additions to the Indian army.
Military Miniatures Painted by Over Open Sights.
http://over-open-sights.blogspot.com/

Offline Nogbad

• Assistant
« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2018, 09:45:12 PM »
I'm sorry NickNorthStar if I sounded too finger-pointing. What was the reason? Still, it's frustrating - especially as it's clear Mark C intended for them to be sold as a foursome - which is why I mentioned it. If there was anything I would change about the range, putting it back to the old all-four-to-a-box horsemen system, that would be it.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 01:33:17 AM by Nogbad »

Offline Mark Plant

• Mad Scientist
    • Pygmy Wars : Russian Civil War and Related Stuff
« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2018, 06:34:55 AM »
The missing parts are:- white russians infantry and cavalry- cossacks infantry- more czech legion- more anarchist- finnish troops- american, french and british forces

I think I will find more...

Presumably by "Cossacks infantry" you mean Kuban and Terek plastoons in Cherkeska.

I'm not sure a couple of hundred scraggy infantry, who mostly wore normal kit anyway (if you're too poor to afford a horse on the steppes, you're unlikely to have expensive clothes to fight in) is a very useful extension. Especially when other ranges cover them.

Glue shoulder boards on Red infantry, paint some of them with blue trousers, and voila! Cossack infantry.

Somewhat intrigued by "Finns" though. What do you think Finns wore?

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2018, 09:50:02 AM »
It was Mark's call. We were his trade distributor for a decade and he had always sold us 3 cavalry to a blister (the plastic blisters were originally from Copplestone Castings, we adopted them for our other ranges later). When we took over his mail order he advised we keep the three cavalry set up rather than run two different systems. We said 'okay'.

You can get the four figures if you want you know? We're quite flexible. If you are a collector and you want the 4 Tibetan Cavalrymen in the picture, we'll sort a special deal for you.

The black boxes disappeared years ago by the way. Copplestone dropped them in a cost cutting exercise.

Offline Arrigo

• Mastermind
  • errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum est
    • Forward HQ my new blog where you can laugh at my crappy photos!
« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2018, 02:33:48 PM »
Addition:

1920-1930 Japanese :)
"Put Grant straight in"

for pretty tanks and troops: http://forwardhq.blogspot.com

Offline Nogbad

• Assistant
« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2018, 10:46:20 PM »
That's kind of you. Will have a think on what I want next.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 10:51:43 PM by Nogbad »

Offline ErikB

• Mastermind
  • Sometimes I feel like Schroedinger's Cat
« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2018, 06:13:13 PM »
Addition:
1920-1930 Japanese :)
Good idea!

For now, there are some excellent ones made by Bob Murch at Pulp Figures.

I would like to see Checka guys with pistols and that leather coat they were known for.  :-)

Offline Patrice

• Mastermind
  • Breizh / Brittany
    • "Argad!"
« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2018, 07:37:00 PM »
cossacks infantry

Perhaps rather: a few dismounted cossacks.

I like to have dismounted equivalents of some cavalry figures... when small groups of cavalry want to dismount in skirmish+RPG games.  :)

Offline Von Stroheim

• Scientist
« Reply #73 on: July 07, 2018, 12:55:06 AM »
A good set of Tibetan Characters/Command or even some  Tibetan Matchlockmen in different poses - firing , loading etc

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #74 on: July 07, 2018, 07:24:36 AM »
Mark got this period going by his original brilliance and energy.  He could reinvigorate it single handedly by doing the same now....off to spin the prayer wheel even faster....