Forum > Fantasy Adventures

Where can I source figures for.......?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Duncan McDane:
Yes, I second Fenrir. Only problem, he's a kickstarter only model so probably will set you back 20-25 US$ ( at the very least ).

Citizen Sade:
Red Box Games’ Fenris is lovely, but might not be large enough for you. If it is, Otherworld Miniatures’ wolfhound models, which are tall and hefty for this breed, could possibly tick your big dog box.

Hobgoblin:
The old Ral Partha imp wolfriders are probably far too small for your purposes, but they are lovely - and very cheap, at just over a pound each. There are two sets of them.

If you're waiting for Oathmark ones to come out, they might make a reasonable stop-gap. But they are tiny.

The other thing to do would be to convert the Oathmark goblins with broad stances to cavalry. One of the sets of legs would be easy to adapt, and another would just need a little cutting of the tunic (once you've removed the base. If you find suitable wolves, that should be easy enough.

Duncan McDane:
I just remember the old Leviathan Hellhounds, now available trough Scotia Grendel.

http://www.scotiagrendel.com/Products/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=221_222_44&products_id=2770

Not the best models but quite big ( and as much Oldhammer as you can get ).

Ensign Madcap:
For a massive wolf try Schleich, about 10cm long

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wolf-Schleich-Wild-Life-figure-model-14741/162991556801?epid=1637622844&hash=item25f30dc8c1:g:sF4AAOSwVWFazMW5

either Schleich or Papo did a huge howling black wolf which is excellent, but I can't seem to find that at the moment. I bought one for a goblin khan to ride on.

There are loads of cheap eagles on ebay with wings outstretched if not flying. Golden eagles can be repainted successfully. Have a look at Iron Mitten's blog. He seems an expert at using cheap toys for Tolkien armies and making them look ace.

The Mithril wolfrider Salute (2008ish) giveaway seems to pop up at convention bring and buys quite frequently for a quid or 2, but if you want a direct source try East Riding Miniatures. The wolves are a bit lumpy (remind me of Tony Ackland sculpts), but the riders are ok. There's also Warrior Miniatures, which are great but quite "Labyrinth".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version