Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:34:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686473
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Hadus Sector, a Necromunda Campaign  (Read 2741 times)

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
    • Poison Spurs - blog and reviews
Hadus Sector, a Necromunda Campaign
« on: June 25, 2018, 11:07:01 PM »
So, having been a huge fan of the '90's Necromunda when I was a young whipper snapper, the huge pang of nostalgia for a much loved old game led me to pre-order the 2017 edition. However, for a mixture of reasons I have been unable to really break out the box until recently. That led to four gamers starting a campaign.

The gangs involved are - Genestealer Cultists, Venators, Van Saar and my gang of Chaos Cultists.

I'll post the progress so far;

Pre Campaign issue #1:

Game #1 before and during images:

I know some of you don't like the idea of playing with unpainted miniatures, but we just wanted to get cracking on the campaign - I am repainting some 2nd hand cultists as and when I get a chance to.

Game 1 - Stealer Cults vs Chaos Cultists vs Venators

Chaos Cultists came out on top by a slim margin - images from before and during the game.

Post game 1 issue #2:
RP Tabletop Blog:

RP vlog channel: https://www.youtube.com/@RandomPlatypus

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
Re: Hadus Sector, a Necromunda Campaign
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 11:00:57 PM »
Half of the gang are Cultist and heretics.. This is not Necromunda.. Its PurgeMunda !

Venators and Van Saars have to be Inquisition cells.. This is serious =I=munda material :P

Offline chickenbane

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 12:47:46 AM »
Very cool stuff. I haven't managed to play the new Necromunda yet, but I will soon. Hopefully  :?.
Paraquat Welcomes Careful Drivers a sort of narrative blog.

Slag Valley Bullett in the grim darkness of the far future, there is a newspaper.

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 05:30:11 PM »
I just realised that I haven't kept everything up to date here! So time to catch up, sorry for the thread spamming.

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 05:44:55 PM »
And a little something I am working on to add to the terrain selection I have;

Essentially a water tower with a few shacks huddled around it.

Offline Tungdil

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 05:53:32 PM »
That's a very good Start. I really like the shacks.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 05:56:57 PM by Tungdil »

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2018, 08:18:26 PM »
Great posts, I love the "news" reminiscent of Town Cryer's last page.

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2021, 02:51:37 PM »
At the start of last year we were hoping to get a campaign going in a local store which focuses on table space for playing games. However, as we all know, that didn't go to plan. However the campaign setting has seen a bit more development and I have managed to paint a gang and finish others off as well as work on more terrain. I will try and take some photo's of that soon and share them, in the mean time, I have another Hadus Chronicle.

And a small piece of scatter terrain:

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2021, 10:44:57 PM »
Introducing the Dust Town Brawlers, a Goliath gang ready to start a campaign.

Offline BZ

• Mad Scientist
  • https://oathgrave.blogspot.com/
    • Oathgrave
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2021, 07:47:09 AM »
Great terrain!

Offline The Rock

• Librarian
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2021, 12:23:29 PM »
Nice terrains!

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2021, 04:13:00 PM »
Because you are too kind, it's about time I added a few pics of what I am working on at the moment. Need to get snaps of the shanty tower I have since painted too!

Offline BZ

• Mad Scientist
  • https://oathgrave.blogspot.com/
    • Oathgrave
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2021, 09:26:05 PM »
Awesome! I also have an ongoing Necromunda terrain project, but Im a bit stuck with the detailling, it just looks plain... What bits do you use? Home made, 3D printed, or leftovers?

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2021, 12:03:40 AM »
Awesome! I also have an ongoing Necromunda terrain project, but Im a bit stuck with the detailling, it just looks plain... What bits do you use? Home made, 3D printed, or leftovers?

All of the above. ;D

The bulkheads are 3d printed on a plastic filament printer. They are from thingiverse so free. The particular file I found allowed them to be printed in halves and also had the frame with no middle. So On most of those I printed off a half an empty frame and a half of the detail bulkhead I wanted. I then cut a bit of cardboard to fit and superglued it in place so you get the blocked off bulkhead look.

The top little shack has another thingiverse file this time of a cargo container. I used tinkercad to adjust the size a bit I believe then a bit of plastic sprue beneath it cut to length and cardboard with cardboard detailing beneath it.

Bulkheads with door openings had no doors, so scratch built them out of plasticard - I did those before putting the bulkheads in, would be way too fiddly then. Both are on a 50/50 bulkhead with cardboard as before. One door is glued shut, the other slightly open to create a bit of intrigue.

The air con unit beneath a window on the middle tier is from a tau devilfish rail cannon. Pretty much the rest of the build is cardboard, scrap sprue using mainly the long straights with everything else trimmed off, bits from old broken electronics (circuitboards etc), old electronics wiring, old snapped guitar strings (find a friend who plays), staples used for door handles and the rungs to the top level and coffee stirrers for the decking. I think that is just about it.