Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:12:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686482
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Reality's Edge: Cyberpunk Skirmish Rules by Osprey  (Read 35566 times)

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Reality's Edge: Cyberpunk Skirmish Rules by Osprey
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2019, 06:24:58 PM »
Is there any chance to see arcane/magic/psy powers in this game ? Thinking of Shadowrun of course  8)

thanks

edit : and races/archetypes too !
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 06:37:25 PM by sundayhero »

Offline Historiker

• Scientist
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2019, 07:34:13 PM »
Has anyone of heard news of the game?

I am being told that there is quite a lot of information in a Facebook group but I don't have an account there.

On Amazon it is being listed as being released on July 25th this year. Would that be correct?

Having become a huge fan of "This is not a Test" by the same author I am very much looking forward to playing a similar system in a cyberpunk setting and I even bought my first Infinity miniatures for this reason. Great models  8)

Any news regarding the game are appreciated. Thanks :)
"The philosopher Didactylos has summed up an alternative hypothesis as: Things just happen. What the hell."

Online YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2019, 08:30:46 PM »
No idea, there doesn't appear to be a dedicated facebook group that I can find, though it might be the TiNaT group?
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Historiker

• Scientist
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2019, 08:56:09 PM »
Yes, I think that's the one!

Offline Storm Wolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2019, 09:38:48 PM »
No idea, there doesn't appear to be a dedicated facebook group that I can find, though it might be the TiNaT group?

Or it's a dedicated Facebook Tina Turner fan site lol

Sorry couldn't resist

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

Offline Banderium

• Librarian
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2019, 07:01:57 AM »

I think he refers to the group named "Cyberpunk Miniatures Gaming" whose administrator is Joseph McGuire.

Offline nozza_uk

• Mad Scientist
    • The wargaming world of Nozza
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2019, 02:19:17 PM »
On Amazon it is being listed as being released on July 25th this year. Would that be correct?

Amazon showing it as selling for £35. This correct?

Offline Deathwing

• Mad Scientist
    • World's End Publishing
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2019, 03:05:46 PM »
Greetings sprawlers.  I am just now seeing this thread, so apologies for the lack of updates. For the time being, I have played things pretty close to the chest regarding Reality's Edge as I do not have a street date yet from Osprey.  I can say that the book is in the last stages of being prepped.  I am happy to answer any specific questions you may have, but for now a quick blast of the basics:

1.  It's TNT under the hood, but slightly more character driven. Activation is just like TNT, but models have Hit Points and more individual skills.  There are faction specific crews per se.  Instead each showrunner, the leader of the crew, pulls from the same mix of operatives. Though your showrunner's background can tweak things a bit.
2.  Crew size is between 3-9 models.  Most crews max at six models, but some character types can fill two models slots (your punk ganger bullet catchers).
3.  Hacking is included and is a opposed roll system.  I decided to keep it quick and simple.  The game has an on-board virtual element that lets avatars and physical models exist simultaneously.
4.  Basic tropes are Blade Runner and Cyberpunk 2020 inspired.  There is no magic or supernatural elements in the main world.  If the book is successful, more than happy to do a Shadownruneque supplement.
5.  There are rules for civilians getting in the way, drugs, corporate intrigue,  tons of cybernetics, equipment, and other crazy stuff.
6.  The book is huge.  Way bigger than the TNT rulebook.

Hope that helps.

Joseph McGuire, President/Janitor at World’s End Publishing; producer of the upcoming post-apocalypse skirmish warband game This Is Not a Test.

https://www.facebook.com/TNTGame

http://worldsendpublishing.com/

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2019, 03:14:43 PM »
4.  Basic tropes are Blade Runner and Cyberpunk 2020 inspired.  There is no magic or supernatural elements in the main world.  If the book is successful, more than happy to do a Shadownruneque supplement.

I really hope (even if I think it's a mistake to not have integrated it in the main rulebook) you will do a magic and fantasy races supplement ! I already own a collection of shadowrun minis, I will be able to feed the forum with dozens of pages  lol

edit : by the way, is there a french version planned ? I know several osprey games had one. thanks
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 03:50:25 PM by sundayhero »

Offline mkultra99

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Bookworm
« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2019, 05:42:56 PM »
Sounds awesome.. hopefully it will be what everybody has been waiting for.

Is there crew progression?
Is there a campaign? How detailed/in depth? (by way of comparison, the new KillTeam campaign is neither and sucks)

Offline Historiker

• Scientist
« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2019, 05:58:50 PM »
Many thanks for the update! Sounds fantastic!

Really looking forward to seeing more of it in the coming months and hoping for many supplements. There can never be enough Cyberpunk  8)

Offline Deathwing

• Mad Scientist
    • World's End Publishing
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2019, 02:23:12 PM »
Sounds awesome.. hopefully it will be what everybody has been waiting for.

Is there crew progression?
Is there a campaign? How detailed/in depth? (by way of comparison, the new KillTeam campaign is neither and sucks)

Yes and yes.  It's a bit different than TNT in the sense that stat raises are rather hard to come by.  Instead the focus is more on skills and class upgrades.  The focus is on street level operatives so no world-class assassins or Olympic level athletes.  Experience is also different.  Not everyone can get it.  Only your leader and the people you bring "in-house" as it were can be expected to want to improve, the rest of your team are just there for a paycheck, not self-improvement.   So the campaign stuff is as in-depth as TNT, though much more tailored for a more small-team of operatives.

Offline Historiker

• Scientist
« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2019, 09:01:53 PM »
I recently read a new blog entry from the creator of "Reality´s Edge" and I hope it is okay for the author and this forum that I post it here as well:

https://worldsendpublishing.com/blogs/news/realitys-edge-developers-blog-1

That is a lot of new information and personally speaking I am even more hyped for the game and looking forward to more details. Maybe some of the people in this post find it interesting as well!

I am currently in the process of painting Hasslefree and Infinity miniatures in preparation for release day and this is where I would have a question for the forum members:

Does anyone know good pre-configured Cyberpunk terrain apart from Battle Systems Terrain?

Many thanks!

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2019, 10:02:12 PM »
plastcraft games maybe ?

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #74 on: July 04, 2019, 12:31:45 AM »
I'll second PlastCraft for terrain.