Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:11:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Reality's Edge: Cyberpunk Skirmish Rules by Osprey  (Read 35578 times)

Offline Historiker

• Scientist
Re: Reality's Edge: Cyberpunk Skirmish Rules by Osprey
« Reply #90 on: August 18, 2019, 03:51:34 PM »
Concerning the post above mine:

Some of the characteristics of the NPCS are described in an official blog post. You can find it here:

https://worldsendpublishing.com/blogs/news/developer-blog-4-neutrals

And a question from me:

As we are nearing the release date I wanted to preorder With Osprey but found that only the hardcover book was on preorder. Will there be a PDF option as well? I would like to get both.
"The philosopher Didactylos has summed up an alternative hypothesis as: Things just happen. What the hell."

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #91 on: August 22, 2019, 09:08:01 AM »
The book should officially go on sale today, including the pdf/e-pub version. Looking at the osprey page though, its 29,80 pounds for the digital versions. Getting the hardcover from book depository is cheaper  o_o
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #92 on: August 22, 2019, 09:43:01 AM »
The book should officially go on sale today, including the pdf/e-pub version. Looking at the osprey page though, its 29,80 pounds for the digital versions. Getting the hardcover from book depository is cheaper  o_o

I think that's the hardcover PDF...
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #93 on: August 22, 2019, 10:00:42 AM »
I think that's the hardcover PDF...

You know if somebody were to sell their cyberpunk game on a dedicated "dataslate" tablet for that price I would probably get it for the novelty of it lol

Offline Historiker

• Scientist
« Reply #94 on: August 22, 2019, 08:56:28 PM »
Thanks for the info! Got myself the hardcover and the PDF.

Right now I am scrolling through the PDF and the first expression is that this is exactly what I had hoped it would be:

This is not a Test at the core, great production quality and  and all the Cyberpunk stuff one could hope for.

What I really like is that the PDF can be properly navigated. That was absolutely necessary at 320 pages!

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #95 on: August 22, 2019, 09:17:26 PM »
A osprey pdf with interlinked indexing? What is the world coming to? :D

Offline Historiker

• Scientist
« Reply #96 on: August 22, 2019, 09:31:22 PM »
If you mean a multi-level table of contents which is clickable and brings you directly to the page in question, yes!  Right now I am just randomly clicking through the book and reading stuff (The Frostgrave PDF have this function as well).

Will be glad to get my hardcover as I prefer rules in paper! I still tend to also buy PDFs for the search function and in this case it absolutely makes sense... so much material.

I still have way too many projects on my gaming table (mostly Frostgrave and some SAGA AoM) but I hope we will soon see more Cyberpunk projects. My stuff ist built and primed but therefore not very atmospheric  8)

Offline Sir_Theo

• Mastermind
« Reply #97 on: August 23, 2019, 08:18:37 PM »
Got the hardback yesterday. A lovely production and the game reads very well.

Just waiting for my HINT Be a Better Human kickstarter to land (imminently) for all the Cyberpunk miniatures so I can make a start!

Offline Historiker

• Scientist
« Reply #98 on: August 23, 2019, 10:09:05 PM »
People kept mentioning them on this board and so I googled them.Those are really nice models! Especially with all the variety which will provide lots of miniatures for NPCs in Reality“s Edge.

It seems there are indeed some boardgames miniatures which are just perfect for a Cyberpunk tabletop game. A friend of mine will be using the Zombicide: Invader - Kabuki Survivor pack and they actually look great next to his other minis which will be from the Corvus Belli Infinity JSA product line.

On another note, I have a question for everyone already owning the rules:

Do I read it correctly that the figure / warband limit is 7 figures meaning

1 Showrunner, 2 to 5 Operatives, 1 Shadowbacker Avatar

?

So the Shadowbacker Avatar does not count toward the 6 figure / model limit? Total anthropomorphic model limit is thereby 7?

Also: Drones do not count as they are equipment of the Drone Jockey?

I could not find confirmation in the book but this official blog entry suggests it:

https://worldsendpublishing.com/blogs/news/realitys-edge-developers-blog-2-the-models

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
« Reply #99 on: August 25, 2019, 06:09:38 PM »
Slightly off topic but I've had this excellent random generator squirreled away for ages. Hoping to combine it with Reality's Edge

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/202175/Augmented-Reality-The-Holistic-City-Kit-For-Cyberpunk-Games

Offline carlos13th

• Mastermind
« Reply #100 on: August 27, 2019, 04:06:42 PM »
With this game coming out I really wish I had Backed Human Interface Be a Better Human. That said I have more than enough from the first Kickstarter to work with.

Online zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #101 on: September 17, 2019, 07:29:44 PM »
It's on sale over at Amazon UK just now at £22.75 rather than £35 - link  :)

Offline Historiker

• Scientist
« Reply #102 on: September 17, 2019, 07:41:50 PM »
With this game coming out I really wish I had Backed Human Interface Be a Better Human. That said I have more than enough from the first Kickstarter to work with.

In case you are still interested: They do sell Kickstarter Sets right now.

I toyed with the idea as well but I have way too much Infinity stuff lying around to justify another box right now.

On another note:

Is there any info when the FAQ or an official roster-sheet PDF might come out?

The latter would be a convenience and apparently the author is collecting questions for an official FAQ on Facebook?

Any news regarding this would be great!

Offline Cait Sidhe

• Scientist
« Reply #103 on: September 18, 2019, 09:08:35 AM »
It's on sale over at Amazon UK just now at £22.75 rather than £35 - link  :)

Cheers, that's definitely worth a punt for me. Had a look at the PDF version but Osprey are wanting £29 for it...  ;D

Online zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #104 on: September 18, 2019, 07:55:01 PM »
My copy just dropped through the letterbox at teatime. It is a big tome :o

Regarding the figure talk earlier, I would add
  • Necromunda figures - not the whole gangs, but certainly some of the figures should work. The new Palanite Enforcer Patrol box has potential
  • Heresy. They do some gang figures that should work - and which can be bought individually - link
  • The zombicide:invader stretch goal figures are pretty much made for cyberpunk. The only problem is that they're really tall (approx 37mm) and were KS exclusives. Still, if you can track them down, they're worth considering. Although, seriously, they're Star Wars Legion tall, but a lot skinnier. I haven't bought any Infinity since the scale hike, but it sounds like they may work with them.