Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:16:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686637
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: My fantasy projects  (Read 11545 times)

Offline randycarter

• Scientist
Re: My fantasy projects
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2020, 04:58:11 AM »
Hi all,
no fresh updates yet on the painting side (even if hopefully something will get finished in the next weeks). So other pics of the old Warmachine project: this time a couple of minor constructs, clearly a reference to one of my favorite anime. I hope you like them!

Cheers

Offline randycarter

• Scientist
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2020, 08:55:26 PM »
I finally finished the batch of barbarians I was working on from long ago. I should focus on some speed painting technique, I guess.  ::)
Anyway I like the result: it has been an exercise on muted palette and strong contrast between shadows and hilights. All in all they come together decently. They are a mix of old Citadel, recent GW and one of the lovely minis from the Zombicide Black Plague supplement from Gipi.
Cheers!

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2020, 05:10:50 AM »
They are a mix of old Citadel, recent GW and one of the lovely minis from the Zombicide Black Plague supplement from Gipi.
And that random Heroclix Hercules thrown in there for good measure.

Grimm

Offline randycarter

• Scientist
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2020, 07:05:47 AM »
And that random Heroclix Hercules thrown in there for good measure.

Grimm

Just another beefcake in the batch! : )

Offline randycarter

• Scientist
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2020, 04:29:37 PM »
Another semi-fresh update on the fantasy side: a chunky daemon thing from Chronopia range (a Dusk realm warrior, I think). OK, the mini isn't the best of the range (somewhere I read it called as one of the "worst miniature ever"), but it has some nice details and it has been a good exercise on NMM. Here also with its winged companions!
Hope you like it!

Offline randycarter

• Scientist
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2022, 02:56:49 PM »
After a veeeery long hiatus I take advantage of a new camera phone, hoping that that will allow me to post some rapid shots of my minis. So, here's a scratch-build(ish) war chariot for my barbarians.
The sculpting is quite rude, I admit, but overall it will do the job. If someone has some tip in sculpting bridles it wil be very welcome  ;)

Hope you enjoy

Offline randycarter

• Scientist
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2022, 04:53:47 PM »
I finally found time enough to finish the paintjob on the chariot.

Hope you enjoy!

Offline Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2022, 08:26:56 PM »
Nice job on the scratch build/ kitbash, I like it! I have ambitions to make some similar chariots, so seeing yours is giving me some inspiration and ideas.

Offline randycarter

• Scientist
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2022, 11:00:02 AM »
Nice job on the scratch build/ kitbash, I like it! I have ambitions to make some similar chariots, so seeing yours is giving me some inspiration and ideas.

Thanks, glad to be helpful for other fellow's projects! Here's a pic of another chariot done some times ago: sadly no images of the WIP...

Offline randycarter

• Scientist
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2023, 08:22:58 AM »
Hi everybody,
in order to play a game of Rangers of Shadow Deep with some friends, I kicked off the new year with a really quick improvement of the rat swarms in my collection. Here a pic of the whole bunch.

Hope you enjoy!

Offline randycarter

• Scientist
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2023, 03:05:14 PM »
Just a quick update of a very slow project: it's my personal scenary season, so I'm working on a field and fences. The tiles warped a bit, but anyway it will look fine.
Now let's start painting...

Offline randycarter

• Scientist
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2023, 01:14:01 PM »
Some old friend told me that they wish to begin to paint miniatures and call for my help in moving the first steps: long story short, we had a very fun sunday afternoon of miniature painting! Here a group shot of the event and thet first finished minis (not bad at all, for total newcomers)!