Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:15:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690464
  • Total Topics: 118332
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (Kickstarter) possible scam involving Overturn Rising Sands  (Read 3143 times)

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
    • Poison Spurs - blog and reviews
Re: (Kickstarter) possible scam involving Overturn Rising Sands
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2018, 10:29:48 PM »
Lots of unhappy fanboys out there I bet.

Haha! Reminds me of the fallen frontiers KS where they were trying to hold back on announcing what the actual scale of the miniatures were for as long as possible, scaling a miniature against objects in photoshop, then saying they were 32mm, that became 35mm, which became 35mm to the eyes, then more. I think they were 40mm all said and done, or close enough to it.

All the while a vile and toxic minority were criticising backers for even asking, let alone those who were insisting on having a true comparison. It flopped the first time out as a result I believe and the fanboys on that really went around trying to hunt down the backers that had dropped out - highly intelligent.
RP Tabletop Blog:

RP vlog channel: https://www.youtube.com/@RandomPlatypus

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
Re: (Kickstarter) possible scam involving Overturn Rising Sands
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2018, 01:27:38 AM »
I'd be damned happy if I was foolish enough to pledge a couple hundred dollar to a scam and had someone sharper than I am bail me out and save my dough.
Unfortunately the fanboys will continue to complaining that it was legitimate and place blame on everyone else believing they would receive the product. But yes I agree.