Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:39:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Shipping delays and poor comms - Issues with Hasslefree?  (Read 7942 times)

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
Shipping delays and poor comms - Issues with Hasslefree?
« on: July 19, 2018, 05:28:54 PM »
I know when some companies are about to go bankrupt they take as many orders (and money) that they can... and then disappear. I've been ordering from Hasslefree since 2012 and never had a problem. I ordered from them in late April. Got a shipping notice (I'm in Holland they are in the UK) about two weeks later and.... nothing. I waited 30 days before sending them a note. Nothing. Tried again. Nothing. Then complained on their FB page, and got this,

"Hi There. I'm currently busy in the warehouse. If you have an existing issue, it is on my worksheet and it's what I'm currently fixing and you can expect a message/email reply tonight 🙂 If you have a new issue, please email bwartemis@gmail.com.".

I exchanged a couple of emails with Daemon and was told that it would be sorted out and he would get back to me buy the end of that week. That was a month ago... I sent four more emails to follow up, no reply.

Complained again on their FB page... and got the same exact form email.

So, are they playing games or legit still? Because I'm at the point I'm going to contact my credit card company and get my money back for non shipment.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 05:15:11 AM by Westfalia Chris »
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
Re: Is Hasslefree about to go belly up???
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 05:38:25 PM »
They've always had trouble with comms, sadly. I had an issue where I was trying to reach them before placing an order last year and it took my posting on here and Artemis Black seeing it to get a response.

I DID get a response in the end though.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
    • Poison Spurs - blog and reviews
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 06:09:57 PM »
Righty oh.

1) They are fully legit, always have been. There have been some real life things behind the scenes which there have been posts of facebook, and possibly on the front of their website about. Last I heard, Dameon was the one pair of hands at the warehouse for quite a length of time, so was run off his feet dealing with everything. Like I say, there is more to it than that and it's all out there on facebook and the KS updates etc.

2) Someone told me off for being harsh on Fram. Lets just say in my experience of many years, comms have been reliable and consistent.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 06:17:00 PM by mcfonz »
RP Tabletop Blog:

RP vlog channel: https://www.youtube.com/@RandomPlatypus

Offline ErikB

• Mastermind
  • Sometimes I feel like Schroedinger's Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 06:16:20 PM »
I have had nothing but good experiences with them and I somehow *feel* a sense of integrity and ethics from them.  Not sure how to explain it.

I hope to God they are not going out of business!  I like them a lot, both their minis and the folks, themselves.

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2018, 06:26:04 PM »
I hope to God they are not going out of business!  I like them a lot, both their minis and the folks, themselves.

Yeah, I'm don't know them all personally or anything but I can say with confidence that this is not the case. No need to fret.

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2018, 06:28:25 PM »
My order is outstanding since April, it's July now. That seems like an awful long time, with no replies to my emails but the one, for a 'reliable' company. I've been buying from them since 12' and while things are not fast, they arrived. But this... I'm ready to get a charge back on my card.

Offline soldado

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2018, 06:47:35 PM »
if it houses "wares" then its a warehouse, also HF dont do casting in house so the workshop will be a packing bench and a computer terminal.

snigger  ;)

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2018, 06:50:30 PM »
Humakt appears, derailment attempt . . . . . . . . epic fails.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2018, 07:23:31 PM »
I remember seeing a lot of complaints over on the Dakka Dakka forum whenever anyone posted about them. Mostly delays in shipping, products taking forever to be released and communication issues. Something about them having personal issues on their end.

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2018, 07:29:23 PM »
'warehouse'...snigger snigger...'warehouse'...

Bless 'em.
'Dexion racks at the back of the workshop' will be what that is.

'warehouse', indeed.

Yeah, I noted that too. The entire email, which I was sent twice, is a slag off

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2018, 07:44:29 PM »
Fantastic! What a golden opportunity to replay the best of Frothers circa 2010.

Player A: My minis were late.

Player B: Kev White is a fucking genius and I want to have his babies.

Player  A: I was just saying...

Player C: You are complete twat and for the record I am having Kev White’s babies.

Player D: I bought some brilliant new minis from X and they arrived on time.

Players, E, F & G:  You utter prick! The hands on those are massive and nowhere near as good as Kev’s work. If Kev wasn’t such a massively talented genius he’d have the time to make sure the orders went out. Now fuck off you aren’t worthy.

Etc, etc, etc.

For what it’s worth I’ve never ordered. Many of the items I would have included in an order have been ‘out of stock’ for over two years. That must say something.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2018, 08:16:13 PM »
Apart from wishful thinking.

The frothers discussion you mention were normally started by someone called 'Rob' who had a vendetta against Hasslefree and rarely, if ever, involved mini's being late etc.

I simply love the attempt by some here to derail this thread into a slagging off session. Who bloody cares what happened on frothers back in 2010?!! What has it to do with here?

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2018, 08:21:21 PM »
Chaps, please.

I'll lock this thread for the night. Unless there is more substantial evidence than admittedly unreliable service and frankly risky communication practices, I'd say it's not really warranted to assume the worst.

They really should get their ship in order, though.

Offline Coenus Scaldingus

• Mad Scientist
Re: Shipping delays and poor comms - Issues with Hasslefree?
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2018, 05:48:33 AM »
There have been various personal and personnel issues which have been openly written about in various places online. From memory, the main problems now lie in the past, although it will always be considerable work to catch up once a backlog established itself. If you do not want to wait any longer, don't. But I fail to see the point in baseless conjecture, when the actual underlying problems are known, and do not indicate that they are going out of business. Complete radio silence would be worrying, but there have been ample newsletters and no doubt posts elsewhere. It just takes a lot less time to explain the situation in one message there, than it would to write personnally to all customers involved - time better spent packing outstanding orders.
~Ad finem temporum~

Online Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
Re: Shipping delays and poor comms - Issues with Hasslefree?
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2018, 07:21:53 AM »
How about not taking orders for a bit to catch up with sales already made?
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 0
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)