Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:41:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686453
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Bronze Age Miniatures Scale Comparison Question. Rogue Trooper & John Carter.  (Read 19274 times)

Offline The Dozing Dragon

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • The Little Soldier Company
Heldrak those are really nice - brilliant skin tone. I always thought the discussions re Black Martians being the same as coloured men on Earth was wrong and you have the perfect solution to that argument!

Offline flooglestreet

• Scientist
    • Old Spaceways
I had tried to get my first born painted like Nubian 's on earth. I couldn't get it, though. Your recipe, Heldrak looks like a winner.

Offline Heldrak

• The Dark Elf
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • LPL IV Bronze Medalist
Now Bronze Age just needs to produce some yellow Martians and some Holy Therns and we'll be all set...!
2012 Lead Tally: Painted:0

Offline flooglestreet

• Scientist
    • Old Spaceways
Now Bronze Age just needs to produce some yellow Martians and some Holy Therns and we'll be all set...!
You betchum Red Rider!

Offline Heldrak

• The Dark Elf
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • LPL IV Bronze Medalist
As promised, I thought I would post my recipe for Green Martian skin. Here are some pictures of Tars Tarkas from my LPL IV Round 10 entry:

Tars was done with elements of the Foundry Moss Green triad over a black undercoat. I started with Foundry Moss Green 29A, then washed that lightly with the Citadel Gnarlock Green wash, thinned 1-3 with water. Then I applied a 50/50 mix of the Foundry Moss Green Shade (29A) and the Foundry Moss Green Mid-tone (29B). Then I highlighted with the Foundry Moss Green Mid-Tone by itself. The Foundry Moss Green gets very yellow as you go up through the highlights and I didn't want to compromise Tar Tarkas' green color, so I stopped there. His teeth and tusks were done with the Foundry Bone triad and his tongue with the Foundry Purple shade and mid-tone colors. I did the pupils of his large eyes in black with a tiny white fleck of highlight in the center of the pupil (although Burroughs specifies that Green Martian's pupils are red).

Offline Fjodin

• Mad Scientist
Now that my Martians can finally rest from their labors in the LPL, here is a scale comparison photo showing a Bronze Age Dead Earth Imperial (Martian) against a Copplestone Castings figure and a couple of others:

While looking on figure number 3 I've realised that I had 1 quote in my mind:
"I am NOT Dixon Hill! I just look like Dixon Hill!"
 lol lol lol lol lol