Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:14:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Koyote in Mordheim (And some WHQ)  (Read 74884 times)

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
Re: Koyote in Mordheim
« Reply #90 on: October 21, 2018, 06:12:14 PM »
@Bliogard: No pictures yet. Neither of my opponent’s warbands was painted. As the campaign progresses, I expect to see more painted warbands.

@Cyrus the Great: Thanks. It’s Privateer Press’ Greatcoat Grey.

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2018, 03:07:28 PM »
My Kislivite Henchman armed with a halberd received a strength increase, so I've decided to add a second Henchman to his group.  Like my first Kislev halberdier model, I shortened the top section of he halberd so the weapon no longer looks absurdly long.

I've decided to start a second warband -Dark Elves.  The rules for Dark Elves aren't very good, so to give my starting warband some added punch, I've added a Pit Fighter hired sword to the list. It goes without saying that the Pit Fighter was not actually hired by the Dark Elf corsairs, but rather purchased at from the slave pits at Karond Kar:  The model is the classic Mordheim Pit Fighter.  I've always liked everything about this model except for the ridiculous Orc skull mounted on the top of the morning star's haft, so I removed it and replaced the haft-cap with a bit that I cut from a plastic Flagellant's flail.  I then added the skull to the model's base, to keep all of the original model's components together.

My Kislivites have recruited a Road Warden hired sword.  We are Blazing Saddles rules in this campaign, so the Road Warden has the ability to dismount.  This has motivated me to FINALLY paint the foot-version of the mounted Road Warden model that I converted and painted in 2016 (see old photos below).  Like the Pit Fighter, there is an Orc skull on the model's base.  I added the Orc skull to the base when I first assembled and converted it in 2016.  It was only after painting all three off these models that I realized they all have skulls on their bases, in approximately the same place.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 03:18:39 PM by Koyote »

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #92 on: November 01, 2018, 03:28:51 PM »
fantastic - such character and beautiful painting.

the dismounted warden is a classic.

Offline Anselm van Helsing

• Scientist
« Reply #93 on: November 01, 2018, 04:04:04 PM »
Wow. Just wow.

Offline Tungdil

• Scientist
« Reply #94 on: November 01, 2018, 04:06:36 PM »
Beautiful figures and brushwork.

Offline Breazer

• Mad Scientist
    • Breaz Brushes
« Reply #95 on: November 01, 2018, 09:48:49 PM »
excellent stuff as always Koyote.

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #96 on: November 04, 2018, 04:14:03 PM »
I've had this half painted Empire Hero gathering dust on my painting table for almost two years now.  I started it in December of 2016 for another Mordheim campaign, but the campaign ended before I had finished with it.  Putting paint on the foot Road Warden (who had been assembled for the same campaign), gave me the nudge I needed to brush off the dust and finally finish the Averlander hero.

Over the years I've purchased models from quite a few recasters (mostly on eBay from sellers trying to pass them off as the original models), and overall the quality of the minis has been pretty good.  The only issue I've had with quality involved this model, which I purchased on eBay from a Chinese recaster who sold these minis, prepainted. After stripping the paint from my purchase I noticed all the flaws. The model's feet and legs were in the worst shape, but it didn't bother me much because I was already planning to replace them.  Even if the recast was 100% true to the original model, the model's short, skinny little bird legs would have warranted a leg swap.  Using some GS and legs from a plastic Empire Greatswords kit, I made the legs a bit longer and more muscular.

Offline Smoke Frog

• Librarian
« Reply #97 on: November 04, 2018, 07:38:50 PM »
I've added some new treasure and wyrdstone markers to my collection.  During the process, transferred the bits from my old markers onto Renedra 25mm cobblestone bases.

The purple bits were made by a Spanish company, Tiny Tales Studio.

Wow I am a huge fan of your wyrdstone markers, they are so unique! Please share when you paint them up!

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #98 on: November 05, 2018, 05:52:40 PM »
@Smoke Frog:  Thanks.  Will do.

My Sylvania campaign was designed to make allowances for participants with relatively short attention spans and/or a busy schedule.  However, 2 campaign games a month isn't enough Mordheim for me, so I've assembled a second warband, which should give me the chance to play at 4 games per month.

I included warbands from the Lustria rules and other in the campaign settings, not because it's reasonable for them to be traipsing about Sylvania, but because I wanted the campaign to be as inclusive as possible.

With that said, how the hell Korval Grimdark and his Corsair Raiders made it this far up the river Stir is anyone's guess, but they must be either very desperate or insane to venture this far inland. Perhaps they are outcasts?  Perhaps they are on a secret mission?  Perhaps their compass broke? 

GW never made an even half-way decent Cold One Hound, so I've opted to use PP's Everblight Shredders.  They are about the right size, vicious looking, reptilian in appearance, and best of all I didn't have to buy new models, I simply recycled them from my Horders warband.

Offline Exiledadmiral

• Scientist
« Reply #99 on: November 08, 2018, 05:14:09 PM »
Excellent stuff! Beautiful painting all round. I've never seen that empire hero before, absolutely love him wiping blood from his sword and you've made a very convincing job of the bloodsoaked rag.

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #100 on: November 22, 2018, 06:34:17 PM »
It's time for my Kislevites to add a bear to their warband.

The model is an OOP bear, made by Red Box Games.  The original sculpt's claws are either obscured by its fur or missing altogether, so I made my own.  The GS claws on the mini's right paw look shorter than the others, but that's because they are curled under a bit too much and none of the camera angles fully captured them.

The dense terrain of a Mordheim table can make it difficult to properly place models on large bases, so I took advantage of bear's upright pose and mounted it on 25mm square.

Offline Tungdil

• Scientist
« Reply #101 on: November 22, 2018, 07:05:33 PM »
Marvellous brushwork.  :o

Offline LordOdo

• Mastermind
    • StormToren (my wargame blog)
« Reply #102 on: November 22, 2018, 07:46:13 PM »
Marvelous putty pushing
''Its so much easier to build something new than work up the courage to actually paint some.'' -Wyrmalla (2015)

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #103 on: November 23, 2018, 10:43:40 AM »
super-duper.

Offline Metternich

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #104 on: November 23, 2018, 04:56:54 PM »
Some wonderful painting there, particularly on the Kislevite halberdier and the Road Warden.