Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:41:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Koyote in Mordheim (And some WHQ)  (Read 75073 times)

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
Re: Koyote in Mordheim (And some WHQ)
« Reply #255 on: April 18, 2023, 03:44:01 AM »
Below are the last two heroes for my Estalian warband, and the wardog that the warband purchased after their last fight.  I realize that these models don't look very Estalian, but I have replacement models planned for when they gain more experience and armor. The veteran versions of Diego and Ferdinand will look more “Estalian”.

From left to right are Diego de Miranda, Ferdinand, and Galgo (and Lope the chicken).

Ferdinand (another Dunkeldorf model) was clearly inspired by Lemmy, the founder of Motorhead, so I painted his vest and boots black in honor of the rock icon. Galgo (named after the type of old dog owned by Alonso Quijano in the story), and Lope (Cervantes' arch-rival and  possibly the forger who wrote the fake Don Quixote sequel), are also Dunkeldorf models.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 04:57:37 PM by Koyote »

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #256 on: April 20, 2023, 08:37:50 PM »
On Tuesday night an odd number of players showed up for Mordheim, so we played another 3-way Treasure Hunt scenario. This time, Possessed, Orcs, and Pirate warbands fought over the 7 treasure markers. I forgot to bring my markers so we used bright green dice as treasure tokens.

It was a fairly bloody game, thanks in no small part to Bosun Quint, my new Lads Got Talent Pirate hero (pictured below -lower right).  On my Turn 1, he moved to a window with a good view of the bunched up Orc mob and blasted it with a blunderbuss. My dice were on fire! That single S3 shot took out-of-action, a goblin henchman, an orc henchman, an orc hero, and knocked-down an Orc Boss (leader).  I followed this up with a shot from a crossbowman that caused another orc hero to go out-of-action.  It was a rough Turn 1 for the Greenskins.

On the Orc's turn Quint was charged by a cave squig. The Orc player whiffed his die rolls, and Quint took the cave squig out-of-action with his hand axe, bringing Quint's body count up to four models. On the following Quint was charged by lowly goblin and stunned. On my turn Quint's status changed from stunned to knocked down, and when the goblin tried to finish him off, its club missed but its dagger struck home. By some miracle Quint made his 6+ armor save from the dagger attack and earned himself a short reprieve. I tried to rescue Quint, but the goblin was just out of my nearest standing model's charge range. During my Close Combat phase the wretched goblin finally clubbed the bosun over head, taking him out-of-action. 

For me the other highlight of the game was Troll wreaking havoc among the Pirates, taking out 2 henchmen before finally succumbing to the combined efforts of Grog the Pirate Ogre, First Mate Daggoo, and a couple of crossbowmen armed with daggers.

First the Possessed routed and then the Orcs, leaving the Pirates in possession of the battlefield.

My only permanent casualty was a crossbowman, who I replaced by rolling the Prisoners result on the Exploration Table.  The Pirate warband has a rule called Kidnapped.  Using this rule the Pirates can recruit crew from fallen enemy human models and from certain encounters on the Exploration Table.

Post game, Quint recovered fully, and for his heroics, he earned himself 5 xp and 3 advance rolls.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2023, 12:06:09 AM by Koyote »

Offline Hawkeye

• Mastermind
« Reply #257 on: April 21, 2023, 09:23:59 PM »
The wardog with the chicken on his back is excellent! I love those Dunkeldorf miniatures, and you've certainly done them justice! Ferdinand, in particular, is fantastic.
Sono Pazzi Questi Romani

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #258 on: April 26, 2023, 04:23:17 PM »
This mdf message board is part of the Warcradle Scenics Town Scatter set.  I mounted the message board on mdf cobblestone parts leftover from 4Ground building kits, and then on a plasticard, cut to shape.  The posters were designed and provided as a free download, by the YouTuber Devs & Dice.  I attached the file to this post.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 05:41:44 PM by Koyote »

Offline SotF

• Mad Scientist
  • Shadow Of The Future
« Reply #259 on: April 27, 2023, 06:57:06 PM »
I'd been looking for posters like that to put on my quest board

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #260 on: April 27, 2023, 10:59:36 PM »
Once again, an odd number of players showed up for Mordheim Tuesdays, so we played another 3-way Treasure Hunt scenario. This time it was Undead, Bretonnian Brigands, and my Pirates fighting over the 6 treasure markers and lost Merchant.

The Merchant model was placed in the center of the table and acted, in many ways, like a treasure marker, except the the award for possessing the Merchant at the end of the game was 2 XP plus the same reward entitled to the winner of the The Lost Prince scenario found in Town Cryer #5 (and the Mordheim Annual 2002). The Merchant also differed from treasure markers in that it was treated as an enemy mode, and thus models within 8" could not run and models within 3" of the Merchant could not hide.  Most importantly, these restrictions applied to any model who "captured" the Merchant. Once captured, the Merchant could be charged or shot at, but the model who captured it would always interpose itself between the Merchant and the charging and shooting model, so the captor suffered the effect of the attack, not the Merchant.

All three warbands began the game by running full speed towards the central treasure markers and the Merchant. The Bretonnian Brigands caught a bad break when on Turn 1, their leader was taken out-of-action by the Necromancer's Spell of Doom.  The Pirates piled on by charging the Brigands' archers on Turn 2 with the Pirate Ogre, Grog.  After that the Pirates left the Brigands alone, leaving them to skirmish with with the Undead on the side of the board opposite the Pirates.

Of all the warbands, the Undead made the best accounting themselves, by beating up the Brigands and rushing the center of the table to seize 2 treasure markers and the Merchant.  The pirates assailed the Undead at the cost of 2 henchmen and the Lads Got Talent hero, Bosun Quint. Eventually, the vampire, who was holding the merchant captive, was reduced to one wound, and surrounded on all sides by Pirates.  Recognizing that discretion is the better part of valor, the Undead player elected to voluntarily route.  Thus, the vampire and his minions, along with the Merchant, were whisked away by dark magic. This left the Pirates to contend with the Bretonnian Brigands, who, during their next turn, failed their rout test and fled the field. Another victory (sort of) for the Pirates.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 11:02:04 PM by Koyote »

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #261 on: April 28, 2023, 03:12:40 AM »
Fun looking table.  A sort of victory is better than a defeat. Hopefully you can get a full field next time to allow your pirates to shine.
2024: B: 2220; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #262 on: April 28, 2023, 11:59:33 PM »
Fun looking table.  A sort of victory is better than a defeat. Hopefully you can get a full field next time to allow your pirates to shine.
The Pirates didn’t earn a lot of XP, but they did make enough money to the buy my Captain a parrot and hire my first Gunner henchman (Bloody Mary) and arm her with a blunderbuss.

The Pirates also Shanghaied one of the Bretonnian Brigands’ archers, pressing him into service as a Swabbie.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2023, 02:43:28 AM by Koyote »

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #263 on: May 01, 2023, 03:21:45 AM »
This weekend I finish four Estalian henchmen.  I am currently working on two Estalian crossbowmen and a second Estalian with a great sword -all henchmen.

I realize that none of my current Estalian heroes look like classic Estalians, so I've wrangled up alternative versions for some of my heroes.  I have no plans to ever replace Alonso Quijano and Sancho models, as the models are my inspiration for creating the warband, but once my other heroes gain a good deal of experience, and most importantly, armor, the original models will be swapped for veteran versions.

Below are the veteran versions of (left to right): Ferdinand, Diego, Aldonza, and Antonia.

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #264 on: May 07, 2023, 07:19:21 PM »
I finished the last 4 Estalian Henchmen.

Online Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #265 on: May 07, 2023, 07:39:14 PM »
Super nice, the red is really lovely especially.

Offline LouieN

• Mastermind
  • "Aure entuluva!"
« Reply #266 on: May 07, 2023, 08:23:09 PM »
a wonderful band of figures.  A great contrast between the beige and red

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #267 on: May 11, 2023, 09:14:16 PM »
On Tuesday, I played my Estalian Mercenaries as a fully painted warband for the first time.

The Estalians fought a Cult of the Possessed warband in a modified version of The Item Lost scenario found in TC 25. In this scenario the objective is to capture the Wand of Phyrros, which begins the scenario in the exact center of the table. In the original scenario, one warband is temporarily joined by the Dramatis Personae, Nicodemus. In my version of the scenario, the Cursed Pilgrim is not present, and thus the winning warband gets to keep the wand (which allows the user to cast Fires of U'Zhul).

As predicted, both sides rushed the center of the table and the outcome was determined by a giant, swirling melee in the center of the table.

At the top of Turn 3, the Estalian's Warlock, Cide the Arabyan, took out the Possessed's Magister with the Silver Arrows of Arha, and the Estalians' other shooting attacks knocked down the Possessed, who had seized the wand from a cart in the center of the table. 

The Chaos cultists counter attacked, but their dice utterly failed them. By the time their dice warmed up it was too late, the Possessed didn't have enough models remaining on the table to do much damage to the Estalians who swarmed the last few cultists. With a single model remaining on the table, the Possessed waband voluntarily routed.

I felt a bit guilty for the one-sided victory (only 1 Estalian model was taken out of action), so I let the Possessed warband keep the wand.  I spent my winnings replacing the marksman henchman who died in an earlier scenario, and on extra weapons and equipment for my heroes.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 09:27:23 PM by Koyote »

Offline The Gray Ghost

• Mastermind
  • Beware The Gray Ghost
« Reply #268 on: February 08, 2024, 08:53:27 PM »
These are figures from Reptilian Overlords, if anyone has a printer and wanted them.  Specifically the Mercenaries & Militia Set 1.

Great sculpts and all of the pre-supported files that I have tried have all worked for me so far.

Edit:
Reptilian Overlords has a list of authorized print sellers on the website, if anyone wanted their figures but doesn't have a printer.
I've been looking at these models. How do they scale next to GW figures?
I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it anymore and what is it seems weird and scary.

Offline eMills

• Scientist
« Reply #269 on: February 08, 2024, 09:44:30 PM »
I've been looking at these models. How do they scale next to GW figures?
I believe they are scaled to be 1 to 1 swap-able.  I don't currently have any printed to compare, though.