Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:47:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690923
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 670
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 572
Total: 574

Recent

Author Topic: Yermak and the Conquest of Siberia  (Read 63986 times)

Offline cuprum

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The East is a delicate matter!
    • Studio "Siberia"
Re: Yermak and the Conquest of Siberia
« Reply #390 on: November 01, 2020, 03:07:44 AM »

The Dzungar Khan, the Russian ambassador and the Tibetan bodyguard of the Dzungar Khan are watching the battle of the 1st Dzungar-Qin War (1690-97)
The summer clothes of the Russians, of course, remained in many respects similar to the clothes of the Yermak period, but the widespread use of local samples of armor in any case significantly changed the appearance of the warrior. My figurines can be used to reflect the appearance of Russian soldiers during this period, but, for authenticity, they would have to be diluted with a large number of figures in Siberian armor, as well as equip them with bows, which also returned to use among the Siberian Cossacks.

Offline huevans

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #391 on: November 01, 2020, 10:27:09 PM »
IDK, Cuprum.

The two Asians look like.... err, Asians. But the Russian is your standard 16th - 17th Century Muscovite aristocrat in his appearance. Chain mail. Fur-trimmed cap. Lace-trimmed jacket. You could go with any Russian figure from your range or TAG and get something close.

Anyway, I'm learning so much stuff and I thank you. I wasn't even aware these wars took place. And yesterday, I looked up the Dzungars on Wiki and learned about them!

Offline cuprum

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Studio "Siberia"
« Reply #392 on: November 02, 2020, 01:59:35 AM »
Do not worry - in Russia they do not know much more about these wars as well as abroad)))  Forgotten battles ... But still, there are studies, there are many of them, but, alas, they are not very popular.
Somewhere here a video was already uploaded with fragments of a new Russian TV series in which the Dzungars attack the Russian ostrog, already in the time of Peter 1:

The Russian in the picture is not an aristocrat. This is a Cossack chieftain, which is clearly indicated by the manner of wearing a fur coat, which is lowered from one shoulder. And an earring in the ear (this means that this is the youngest or only son in the family, and it is undesirable to send him on very dangerous missions). Only the Cossacks did this.
Yes, this Cossack officer is dressed only in Russian-style clothes, but since he is a Russian ambassador to the Dzungars, he maximally emphasizes his Russian identity in appearance. In fact, the Russians made extensive use of local armor and weapons during this period. Russia was very far away, the delivery of resources and supplies was a big problem and it was necessary to rely heavily on local resources.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 02:05:00 AM by cuprum »

Offline cuprum

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Studio "Siberia"
« Reply #393 on: November 02, 2020, 02:02:31 AM »
del
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 02:04:29 AM by cuprum »

Offline marco55

• Mastermind
« Reply #394 on: February 09, 2021, 08:31:55 PM »
I saw some of the figures including the boat on ebay if anybody is interested.
Mark