Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:38:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690923
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 657
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Hassles with Hasslefree - merged issues thread  (Read 70040 times)

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Re: Hasslefree Miniatures delay
« Reply #270 on: October 31, 2020, 02:35:46 PM »
I'm really not trying to be facetious but has anyone picked up on the "Hasslefree" thing yet?  ;) :)

Offline Storm Wolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #271 on: October 31, 2020, 02:41:44 PM »
I'm really not trying to be facetious but has anyone picked up on the "Hasslefree" thing yet?  ;) :)

Of course but we were being ironic not mentioning it  ;) :D
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #272 on: October 31, 2020, 04:00:01 PM »
Of course but we were being ironic not mentioning it  ;) :D

I'll get me coat....  lol

Offline Storm Wolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #273 on: October 31, 2020, 04:19:53 PM »
I'll get me coat....  lol

lol no need you are amongst friends here :D

Offline Karadek

• Scientist
    • Xenia Gamers Club
« Reply #274 on: November 03, 2020, 06:17:12 PM »
Some mixed news on this front. I looked them up on Facebook, sent a message, and got one back requesting me to forward an email to them. Nothing since then, so who knows?

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #275 on: November 03, 2020, 07:03:33 PM »
Some mixed news on this front. I looked them up on Facebook, sent a message, and got one back requesting me to forward an email to them. Nothing since then, so who knows?

lol

So you contact them on Facebook about not getting any reply to emails and....... they tell you to send an email.......

??? ??? ???

Offline Historiker

• Scientist
« Reply #276 on: November 03, 2020, 08:03:59 PM »
Personally I never had any issue with orders. Even whilst others were complaining about months long delays, my orders arrived almost immediately.

I can only guess that it is a bit of a matter of chance when an order arrives. This really is a pity, as their product is absolutely EXCELLENT and they seem very nice people. I sincerely do wish them luck and hope that everything will get in order.

If I were them I probably would have tried to outsource much of the business and logistics  stuff and focus on getting great products done (much like the Copplestone and Northstar model) but I don't know whether such an approach is economically viable or attractive to them.

Anyway, excuse the ramble. I hope you get your order soon!
"The philosopher Didactylos has summed up an alternative hypothesis as: Things just happen. What the hell."

Offline BZ

• Mad Scientist
  • https://oathgrave.blogspot.com/
    • Oathgrave
« Reply #277 on: November 03, 2020, 08:42:57 PM »
Personally I never had any issue with orders. Even whilst others were complaining about months long delays, my orders arrived almost immediately.

I can only guess that it is a bit of a matter of chance when an order arrives. This really is a pity, as their product is absolutely EXCELLENT and they seem very nice people. I sincerely do wish them luck and hope that everything will get in order.

If I were them I probably would have tried to outsource much of the business and logistics  stuff and focus on getting great products done (much like the Copplestone and Northstar model) but I don't know whether such an approach is economically viable or attractive to them.

Anyway, excuse the ramble. I hope you get your order soon!
Where do you live? I just wanted t ask, because it could be country dependent. I also love they miniatures, but read a lot of complaints about their delivery, and so had no courage to order anything...

Offline Historiker

• Scientist
« Reply #278 on: November 03, 2020, 09:08:24 PM »
No problem! I live in Germany.

Offline BZ

• Mad Scientist
  • https://oathgrave.blogspot.com/
    • Oathgrave
« Reply #279 on: November 03, 2020, 09:26:46 PM »
No problem! I live in Germany.
Then I maybe have a good chance in Austria too.

Offline dadlamassu

• Mastermind
    • http://www.morvalearth.co.uk
« Reply #280 on: January 30, 2021, 06:18:52 PM »
Way back last year I placed an order with "GreatHassle" miniatures.  Part of it was delivered - I had ordered duplicate figures for conversions but only one arrived.  Despite fortnightly emails requesting that the order be fulfilled - no answer.  Then a "newsletter" arrived full of nonsense and empty promises.

A bit of a web search has revealed that this is normal for this outfit.  I was going to say "cowboy outfit" but that would appear to be high praise. 

They have nice figures on the website but since I cannot buy them what actually is the point? 

Anyway, I will not buy from them in future I'll either do without or wait until the figure(s) appear here or on ebay.  At least that way I am confident that I will actually get them. 

I do not do FaceBook.

EDIT - I should have said that the emails are sent to all 4 addresses; bwartemis@gmail.com, orders@artemisblacks.com, orders@hfminis.co.uk, info@hfminis.co.uk
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 06:23:59 PM by dadlamassu »
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.'
-- Xenophon, The Anabasis

Offline Mammoth miniatures

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #281 on: January 30, 2021, 06:49:35 PM »
the two times I've ordered from hasslefree they arrived fine in a few days, in what was apparently one of their busy periods - But I was only a city away so for all i know they just dropped them off during their commute.

I certainly don't think they're a cowboy operation - it's most likely that they are slightly too popular for their own good and need someone to come in for a week and audit and reorganize their stock,  get them up to speed on deliveries and just generally do the boring bits.

Offline Mr.J

• Mastermind
« Reply #282 on: January 30, 2021, 07:05:03 PM »
They certainly act like a cowboy organisation. Every news letter describes a torrent of issues they have been having  whilst rolling out a brand new sale leaving past customers waiting in the lurch. If this was any other industry I’m certain people wouldn’t be this tolerant.

A sane organisation would have one email address and not request you to email various people/emails separatist or DM on fb for resolution.

Reminds me very much of Black Tree back in the day.

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #283 on: January 30, 2021, 07:08:45 PM »
They certainly act like a cowboy organisation. Every news letter describes a torrent of issues they have been having  whilst rolling out a brand new sale leaving past customers waiting in the lurch. If this was any other industry I’m certain people wouldn’t be this tolerant.

A sane organisation would have one email address and not request you to email various people/emails separatist or DM on fb for resolution.

Reminds me very much of Black Tree back in the day.

I can only speak for my own experience but in the last 2 months I’ve made 3 orders, each received promptly enough.
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 32
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline dadlamassu

• Mastermind
    • http://www.morvalearth.co.uk
« Reply #284 on: January 30, 2021, 08:23:12 PM »
I can only speak for my own experience but in the last 2 months I’ve made 3 orders, each received promptly enough.

Sorry but you are missing my point. I did receive most of my order. The problem lies in the inability first of all to get it right (forgivable) but the unwillingness to correct the mistake is unforgivable.
It demonstrates a disregard for their customers, inefficiency and appalling attitude.
The impression I have is of a company that simply does not care and so long as wargamers tolerate it they will not change.