Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:00:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Hassles with Hasslefree - merged issues thread  (Read 69763 times)

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
Re: Hassles with Hasslefree - merged issues thread
« Reply #375 on: March 12, 2022, 04:51:43 PM »
Just posting their latest newsletter, make of it what you will

Allo Everyone

So just a short announcement/explanation of the recent silence from HF central.

I (Dameon) have been trying to play catchup. The problem is I am only 'very' slowly recovering from my ill health of the past years. My condition has been getting progressively worse, to the point where I've been worried about my position at HF on numerous occasions. I am constantly trying new management solutions, so my health has been up and down. Currently it's up *touch wood*

As is usual with these announcements, as this is far from the first, the majority won't even know there was a problem, 95% of orders go out as normal. We have cover in place for when I'm too sick which works just fine for everyday orders. The problem is that 5%, the 'issues'. When something has gone wrong with an order, the odd mispack, broken resin, lost in mail or a return (the latter two have gone up annoyingly since the EU import law changes). To those of you in this group, I once again apologise. I know how annoying it can be to feel ignored or forgotten, I can assure you we haven't done that and all issues 'will' be resolved.

Unfortunately, as you may have seen on Facebook, this last time has also coincided with the ill health of our resin caster. All resin has been temporarily removed from the site, they simply could not keep up. And just to be clear, this is not their fault, if anything our caster has probably worked well past the point he should have. It's just very bad timing/coincidence. I simply wasn't around to manage the situation as it worsened.

This has caused a few more issues than usual, hence the announcement you are reading.

'However', there is good news, we have resolved a large number of these issues/orders. I have a stack of despatch sheets to send emails out for after this newsletter. Most of you will be covered by that.

However, there is also bad news. Some of you will be getting a sad email. A few resin codes were unfixable, so some of you wil be getting a refund/replacement email to inform you of the options available. I am sorry about that, but there is quite literally nothing we can do about it at this time, our resin caster is also our friend, and even if he wasn't, his health supercedes any business matter.

Resins 'will 'return, in fact we do have quite a fair bit of stock already in, but we are resolving all issues first 'then' putting the stock left back on the site.

Please don't reply to this email, or if you are seeing it on a FB announcement, there. If you have an issue, the best course is bwartemis at gmail dot com. I will be catching up with communication after the despatch sheets and emails to customers whose issue I am already aware of. So if you haven't received an email by Monday then I likely don't know you have an issue.

Thank you all for your continued support, even through the silence. Barring accident/emergency, we shall start seeing updates and new content on the FB page next week.

See you there!

Arty.

p.s. For those wondering about the Kickstarter, that has been constantly delayed waiting for me to be confident in my health enough to run it. It is just sat there, staring at us, mockingly. Expect new announcements soon.

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
« Reply #376 on: March 12, 2022, 09:59:20 PM »
Perhaps im being snobbish, but I'd feel a lot more confident in these updates if Dameon knew how to use inverted commas properly.

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #377 on: March 12, 2022, 10:04:59 PM »
Perhaps im being snobbish, but I'd feel a lot more confident in these updates if Dameon knew how to use inverted commas properly.

Hahaha,funniest thing I’ve read all week,well done that man :)
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline Painterz

• Librarian
« Reply #378 on: April 06, 2022, 09:43:00 PM »
I really hope they don't try and do another kickstarter, the last kickstarter seems to be what almost finished them off as a company.

Offline Inkpaduta

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #379 on: April 13, 2022, 02:08:42 AM »
I must be part of the 5% that will have an issue.
Ordered three weeks ago and have received no e-mail
saying they have shipped yet. That or the mail system is
all screwed up which is possible too.

Offline Mammoth miniatures

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #380 on: April 13, 2022, 11:28:11 AM »
I really hope they don't try and do another kickstarter, the last kickstarter seems to be what almost finished them off as a company.

In fairness, they are a bloody hassle.

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #381 on: May 08, 2022, 09:50:02 PM »
Well, Kevin White is going to Forgeworld,I only skimmed the email,’tis a little long winded. So I’m sure others will comment.

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #382 on: May 09, 2022, 12:55:31 AM »
Have to read that myself, first I heard of Kevin leaving.
We haul ours to kick theirs.

Offline NickNascati

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #383 on: May 09, 2022, 01:59:14 AM »
I thought Hasslefree was Kevin’s show?

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #384 on: May 09, 2022, 03:56:08 AM »
https://www.facebook.com/HF.Minis.are.the.best/posts/5421944551171111

From what the posts said they have quite a few completed sculpts from Kevin that HF has not released yet. They are also planning to bring on other sculptors to finish some lines in his style.  I personally have always eventually received my orders but the business end of their operation has suffered greatly in recent years.  Hopefully they can turn that around going forward.
2024: B: 0; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Offline Inkpaduta

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #385 on: May 09, 2022, 04:07:03 AM »
Just ordered from them. I am in the states.
I got my figures in two weeks which is the usual
time it takes from the UK to the US. So I had no problems.

Offline Mammoth miniatures

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #386 on: May 09, 2022, 09:58:26 AM »
On the one hand it'll be nice to see kevs style in the 40k universe (maybe doing all those squat proxies has paid off!) but on the other, It means less of his stuff from hasslefree, Which was really the big draw.

Still, keen to see what he works on with GW :)

(also a neat inside look into GW. So much of their push lately has been for skilled young digital sculptors working anonymously, So it's good and a bit left field for them to bring in a big name established sculptor.)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2022, 10:00:33 AM by Mammoth miniatures »

Offline boneio

• Scientist
« Reply #387 on: May 09, 2022, 11:16:54 AM »
Long term for Hasslefree itself this seems like an error. For Kev and family, it's probably the opposite.

For us consumers... hm. I doubt GW will let him keep sculpting for people like Otherworld and I also doubt they'll give him the full creative freedom we need to get the best sculpts from him.
So a resounding 'meh' from me  lol

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #388 on: May 11, 2022, 05:34:34 PM »
I thought Hasslefree was Kevin’s show?
That's what I thought as well. Very confused if that's not the case?

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline boneio

• Scientist
« Reply #389 on: May 11, 2022, 05:40:40 PM »
It is. They've had the odd guest sculptor over the years but sounds like they will now have to somehow stop being known as the place where one buys Kev White sculpts...
Yeah, I'm not convinced  :?