Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:42:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686599
  • Total Topics: 118110
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: My Gaming Table, Models and House Rules for Dracula's America  (Read 34611 times)

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: My Gaming Board for Dracula's America - Restarted
« Reply #135 on: November 02, 2022, 10:58:14 AM »
brilliant painting and modelling.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #136 on: November 02, 2022, 08:18:07 PM »
Crazy thread! I need to restrain myself from branching out into too many projects, now that I have finally come out of my hobby-hiatus. and stuff like this is not helping ...  >:D
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Cacique Caribe

• Mastermind
  • Gelatinous Legal Alien
« Reply #137 on: November 03, 2022, 01:05:10 AM »
Impressive hog!

Dan

Offline Nightpaw

• Librarian
« Reply #138 on: November 05, 2022, 12:29:14 PM »
Thanks a lot for your comments!

Today, I have finished another building for the doomed town of Hope. Shown below with some vaqueiros. What a pity that the rules for Mexican posses were never published. What about some further material for DA, @Fenrir ?

Offline MaleGriffin

• Mastermind
  • Don't bother running.... You'll just die tired....
« Reply #139 on: November 05, 2022, 05:47:26 PM »
Fantastic! Especially the Hog Tamer!
Hoc quoque transibit
Sanguinem sistit semper

Offline Nightpaw

• Librarian
« Reply #140 on: November 12, 2022, 08:41:09 AM »
Thank you!

And another building finished:

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #141 on: November 16, 2022, 12:38:49 PM »
Some great additions - that stable is particularly imposing.

Yes, some rules for Mexican gangs would be great!

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
« Reply #142 on: November 17, 2022, 11:10:06 PM »

This one is my own concoction. It plays very well, IMHO, to give a tough boss with a plethora of cowardly thugs! 😉

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #143 on: January 02, 2023, 03:50:58 PM »
I'm finally delving deep into Draculas America, and came here for inspiration.

But, actually this thread is turning me into a no-good rascally thief.  Because I'm stealing a lot of these ideas.   We hit the motherlode

Offline Philhelm

• Scientist
« Reply #144 on: April 17, 2023, 06:27:06 AM »
This one is my own concoction. It plays very well, IMHO, to give a tough boss with a plethora of cowardly thugs! 😉

The game is definitely missing Banditos, and your rules seem flavorful and fun.  How do they fare in one-off games or at the outset?  I haven't played them, but it seems that the boss wouldn't quite match up to some of the other factions' combinations of starting bosses/special rules, not to mention the downside of the "Adios, El Guapo!" rule.  Perhaps a seventh novice at the start?

I'm planning on creating a Mexican themed posse, but just reskinning the Dark Confederacy rules with the Necromancer being a priest/monk (using the Spanish Champion of the Faith model from The Silver Bayonet) and the Revenants being frenzied zealots that were rabble-roused by the priest (fleeing the battle if the priest falls, so I have to use my imagination).  The rest of the posse will be selected from Bandito miniatures.

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
« Reply #145 on: April 18, 2023, 01:18:21 AM »
They play perfectly for what I had imagined. Think The Magnificent Seven, or The Three Amigos! They are tough enough and can swarm the opposition, but are fragile and individually weak.
We did a $300 posse series of games and split 50-50 wins. Good enough for me, and they are a ton of fun to play.

Offline Nightpaw

• Librarian
« Reply #146 on: September 19, 2023, 11:14:24 AM »
@Lead Asbestos: Great idea about the Bandidos, but lacking the gothic factor in my opinion. I have done some brainstorming with my son. At first, we thought about some shapeshifting Werescorpions, but that would have brought us to close to the Skinwalkers and the Forsaken. Another thought were some vampiric guys like in From Dusk til Dawn, but we already have the Red Hand Coven.

We wanted to bring some new kind of horror to the setting and finally came up adapting the mythology of the Aztecs (who originate from the territory of later Mexico):

Los Bandoleros Endemoniados
The wild spiritual power of the Convergences has drawn the long-forgotten powers of the Aztec pantheon back to the material world. A dark cult of worshippers has risen around bloodthirsty priestesses, their henchmen haunting the villages on the Mexican border on the prowl for human sacrifices. Some of the most unscrupulous leaders of the infamous Mexican Bandoleros have allied themselves with the hideous cult of Quetzalcoatl, undertaking raiding parties into the southern U.S.

Faction Benefit: El Jefe
Your boss is an infamous and unscrupulous bandit. He gets Ruthless and Gunslinger. In addition, you always get one bottle of tequila (whiskey) and one stick of dynamite at the start of a scenario for free (as long as you don’t already have one). On the other hand, the Bandoleros depend on the strong and ruthless hand of El Jefe. If your boss should be downed, the posse will have to make a Bottle Check immediately. Furthermore, they always get a +1 on rolls on the Outlaw-Table.

Faction Benefit: Aztec Priestess
In addition, a single non-Hired Gun model in your Posse becomes a Priestess of the bloodthirsty Aztec Gods. If the priestess is in base contact with downed enemies, she can take an action to sacrifice them. Every enemy model within 12” is terrified by the dreadful death shrieks of the hapless victim and must pass a 1 Die Nerve Test or get a -1 Die Modifier on his next test. On the other hand, the bandoleros gloat over the gruesome sacrifice. Every Bandolero within 12” who witnesses the dreadful deed (that is, has a LOS to the Priestess) gets a +1 Die Modifier on his next test.
If your Priestess becomes an Arkanist and learns the Summon Power, she will be able to summon the Quetzal:

The Quetzal
This dreadful monster looks like a winged rattlesnake. It is able to throw bolts of lightning at his victims, and his bite is deadly.
Quetzal, Base Size 30 mm, Move 6”, Grit D10. Major Entity. Fearsome, Flying, ‘Ornery. Lightning Attack 6”/12”/24”. Models wearing Boilerplate suffer -1 instead of +1 to their Saving Throws. Can only be summoned by an Arkanist Priestess of the Los Bandoleros faction.

What do you think? Could this be fun? Overpowered? Maybe substitute the +1D/-1D with the effects ob Bless/Curse?

Kind regards
N.

Edit: ... and to get back to the topic of this thread: Attached you will find the latest addition to my gaming table. As you might remember, half of my table is covered with swamp. To be able to do "swampless" games, too, I have built some coverage of foamboard, covered with white glue and sand, painted with light brown, acrylic color, washed with a mix of water, white glue and darker color and finally sprayed from a distance with different colors. Fits perfectly onto the table, and at last I am able to place the whole town of Hope, where a battle betweenm my son's Skinwalkers and my Red Hand Coven is about to start.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2023, 08:14:48 PM by Nightpaw »

Offline MaleGriffin

• Mastermind
  • Don't bother running.... You'll just die tired....
« Reply #147 on: September 20, 2023, 05:37:29 PM »
Great looking town! Thank you for sharing!

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #148 on: September 20, 2023, 06:40:20 PM »
That table looks grand. And the Aztec influenced Mexican Bandits sound cool.
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #149 on: September 22, 2023, 09:30:30 AM »
great looking table.