Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:11:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689767
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 796
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Pulp city  (Read 2002 times)

Offline ork56

• Librarian
Pulp city
« on: March 20, 2019, 09:25:25 AM »
2 questions:

Which rules are the latest? Is the supreme edition a different game?

The minis are good but no-one seems to play, why is that?

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Pulp city
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 02:13:02 PM »
Supreme is the current edition.  Their forums and website main pages don't seem to be updating (since 2017?) but their facebook group still has activity in late 2018 and they released some new models then that are in the web store AFAIK.  You might do better asking questions there:

https://www.facebook.com/pulpcity/

As to the lack of gameplay - well, I've literally never seen the rules or minis in a physical game store or at a con, although I'm not real well-travelled.  They don't seem to publicize themselves well online.  The game (unlike the Goal Engine games) doesn't support DIY hero building.  The minis are rather expensive (VERY expensive compared to Superfigs with the OGA discount or secondhand Clix models) and rather hit-or-miss in terms of aesthetics for my tastes.  Combine all that and I think you've got your answer, yeah?

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
Re: Pulp city
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 08:38:56 PM »
I play Pulp City and quite enjoy it. In my opinion the minis are solid quality and similarly priced to other ranges, and they used to have flat-rate shipping. I know they tried partnering with another group last year to get wider reach and that company seems to have really dropped the ball.

The Supreme Edition is the latest edition. It does lack the rules for creating custom supers, but you can probably find a character in their list that is similar.
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca