Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:03:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689759
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 636
Total: 641

Recent

Author Topic: Furry conversions for Frostgrave and Badgers & Burrows et al.  (Read 11504 times)

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
    • Sally 4th Wargames Terrain & Figure Storage
Furry conversions for Frostgrave and Badgers & Burrows et al.
« on: August 29, 2018, 04:21:24 PM »
Last weekend I had a stack of spare heads and tail left over from assembling miniatures for Albedo Miniatures Game and nothing to do with them until some more production casts arrived so I got thinking about the conversion potential.

The Albedo Miniatures come with a separate sprue containing a head and tail for the particular creature. The heads have a nice nick and a little cast on pin at the end, making them ideal for converting other miniatures. I decided to make a start with some fantasy miniatures to put a party together that could be used for an anthropomorphic themed game of D&D or Frostgrave.

Here's the first one. He's been made from a Frostgrave soldier body and arms and an Albedo Miniatures bare headed fox head and tail.
Chris Abbey
Www.sally4th.co.uk

Offline FionaWhite

• Mad Scientist
  • The Fox Fantastic
Re: Furry conversions for Frostgrave and Badgers & Burrows et al.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 03:06:21 PM »
Well now I'm just going to have to ask - any chance said heads & tails could be available separately for just such conversion purposes?

I really have no idea what I'm doing.

Offline Loop

• Assistant
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 03:32:13 PM »
Well now I'm just going to have to ask - any chance said heads & tails could be available separately for just such conversion purposes?

I was just thinking the same thing.

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 04:57:48 PM »
Yes, the sprues which contain the head and tail are going to be made available separately so that they can be used for conversions. At the moment we have bare headed cat, dog, fox and two types of rabbit, however during the kickstarter we hope to increase the range dramatically. We would like to eventually have every mammal head available either to use for Albedo EDF / ConFed troopers of for use in conversions. I have a lot more fantasy miniatures I've converted so will get camera out this evening and get some more photos posted.

Offline FionaWhite

• Mad Scientist
  • The Fox Fantastic
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 04:49:08 PM »
Yes, the sprues which contain the head and tail are going to be made available separately so that they can be used for conversions. At the moment we have bare headed cat, dog, fox and two types of rabbit, however during the kickstarter we hope to increase the range dramatically. We would like to eventually have every mammal head available either to use for Albedo EDF / ConFed troopers of for use in conversions. I have a lot more fantasy miniatures I've converted so will get camera out this evening and get some more photos posted.

That's all kinds of awesome, thanks.

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2018, 03:08:02 PM »
Here are a couple more conversions that I have done, this time with the Albedo Dog, bare headed sprue.

The Cannine Archer is based on a plastic Frostgrave body from there Soldiers box set.

The second miniature uses parts from a Victrix British Napoleonic set.

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2018, 04:55:25 PM »
Interested to know what people think about buying / choosing heads and tails set from the new Albedo Miniatures. Just trying to decide how to list them on the website!

We are just working out how we are going to offer our heads and tails set for sale. These will be useful for doing conversions. They will cost £4 for 5 heads and 5 tails. Is it better to be able to select by headgear (i.e. berets, caps, helmets, bare headed etc). by species (i.e rabbit, cat, dog, fox etc), or should we list each head type individually (i.e. Cat - bare headed, Cat - helmet, fox - bare headed etc)?

Offline Elk101

• Elder God
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2018, 06:22:23 PM »
That's a tricky one. I can see people wanting all helmet heads, all berets, etc but also wanting them by species for an all dog unit, etc.

Are there variations amongst the dog in helmet heads or cat in helmet heads, for example? I'd so I'd be tempted to go with dog-helmets, dog-berets, etc.

Offline FionaWhite

• Mad Scientist
  • The Fox Fantastic
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2018, 11:46:10 AM »

The second miniature uses parts from a Victrix British Napoleonic set.

This is kind of reminding me of an old cartoon whose name I can't quite recall... it was basically The Three Musketeers but with dogs instead.

But regarding the offering of the heads I agree with Elk101 - a tricky question though I'd also vouch for the solution offered.

Offline tyrionhalfman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2018, 01:07:56 PM »
This is kind of reminding me of an old cartoon whose name I can't quite recall... it was basically The Three Musketeers but with dogs instead.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=three+musketeers+dog+cartoon&client=safari&hl=en-gb&prmd=ivsn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj3rpaj7ajdAhXsLMAKHYsjC5AQ_AUIESgB&biw=375&bih=553&dpr=2#imgrc=zV20tGR6dNZoRM:

Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2018, 07:22:57 AM »
It's not just Dogs that are having all the fun.
Here we have a feline adventurer heading into the depths of a dungeon.
Frostgrave plastic soldier body and arms with Sally 4th Albedo cat head and tail sprue from ACP164 range.

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2018, 05:37:46 PM »

Here's a Rabbit Armed Crossbow Critter that I made recently.
It uses a Frostgrave body and Albedo Miniatures Head & Tail.
We have just added these conversion sets to Sally 4th website.

http://wargamesbuildings.co.uk/Albedo-Patrol

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2018, 02:18:41 PM »
Here is a conversion that I have made last week using Frostgrave Plastic soldier body and arms and an Albedo Miniatures Dog head and tail conversion set from www.acp164.com

Offline djbii

• Librarian
  • The Goblin King
    • HotT 'n' Stuff
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2018, 06:23:28 AM »
Nice one. I've been wondering how to make figs for Pugmire on the cheap. This is deffo the answer :-)
A life spent making mistakes is not only honorable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” –  George Bernard Shaw

https://hottnstuff.blogspot.com/ (was http://hitlh.blogspot.com.au/)