Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:53:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689605
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 661
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: "Great SKOT!" - 15mm Polish APCs by Butler's Printed Models  (Read 872 times)

Offline Jemima Fawr

• Mastermind
    • Jemima Fawr's Miniature Wargames Blog
"Great SKOT!" - 15mm Polish APCs by Butler's Printed Models
« on: September 05, 2018, 06:54:31 PM »
Spurred by a load of 15mm Cold War Polish infantry who lack suitable transport, I recently dabbled for the first time in the world of 3D-printed models, as that is the only 15mm source for the Polish SKOT eight-wheeled APC (also known as the OT-64).  And I have to say that I'm VERY pleased with them! :)

http://www.jemimafawr.co.uk/2018/09/05/great-skot-some-warsaw-pact-apcs-in-15mm/

Suffering from insomnia?  Too much excitement in your life?  Jemima Fawr's Miniature Wargames Blog might be just the solution you've been looking for: www.jemimafawr.co.uk

Offline Arrigo

• Mastermind
  • errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum est
    • Forward HQ my new blog where you can laugh at my crappy photos!
Re: "Great SKOT!" - 15mm Polish APCs by Butler's Printed Models
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 08:43:51 PM »
be careful, the anti-butlers brigade will be here soon...  lol great SKOT anyway! I am really happy with butlers too!
"Put Grant straight in"

for pretty tanks and troops: http://forwardhq.blogspot.com

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 09:01:59 PM »
As long as you both are happy with them, that’s all that really matters surely? If they are all there are available, tis best to be satisfied.

To any potential critic, I’m sure you can provide a good cover story like ‘at the time, the Polish economy was in such dire straights that they resorted to making their vehicles from the same concrete they used for building apartment blocks in Warsaw, utilising wooden formers for the shape. Hence the odd texture and the bits that have chipped off’. Something like that.  ;)
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Jemima Fawr

• Mastermind
    • Jemima Fawr's Miniature Wargames Blog
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 10:24:00 PM »
Cheers guys!  To be perfectly honest, I've never seen any reviews of their stuff, positive or negative, so my opinions are based purely on what I see in front of me and they're flippin' great!

They're also FOUR QUID per model!  :o

My next big purchase on the Cold War front was going to be for a stack of Saxon APCs.  Skytrex make the best ones, but they're £8 a pop... For £3.50 a pop, I think Butler's will get my money.