Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:33:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690700
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 1022
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Tjubs 15mm blog  (Read 29722 times)

Offline tjub

• Librarian
Re: 15mm Chaos Dwarfs and Hobgoblins
« Reply #120 on: August 15, 2019, 04:02:38 PM »
Finished the gate section, each wall holds atleast a "legion" worth of troops for KoW.

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #121 on: August 15, 2019, 07:01:10 PM »
Wonderful work, Tjub!

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
« Reply #122 on: August 16, 2019, 05:16:34 PM »
Oh yeah, that is a crazy fun amount of individual brick laying. My own experience with this process is that it is a bit tedious at times, and looks awesome once painted up and dry brushed. Looking forward to more progress!

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
« Reply #123 on: August 16, 2019, 06:13:59 PM »
Really impressive stuff!

Offline tjub

• Librarian
« Reply #124 on: August 18, 2019, 10:29:45 AM »
Wonderful work, Tjub!
Really impressive stuff!
Thanks!

Oh yeah, that is a crazy fun amount of individual brick laying. My own experience with this process is that it is a bit tedious at times, and looks awesome once painted up and dry brushed. Looking forward to more progress!
Jupp, agree... It took alot more "bricks" that I first thought. But been doing a little here and a little there, and so far progress has been good. Its therapy...  lol

Offline tjub

• Librarian
« Reply #125 on: August 18, 2019, 10:31:18 AM »
So after playing a handfull senarios of Vanguard we finally decided to try out the campaign rules in the book. They seem really cool, picking elements from other games such as Mordheim etc and also introducing new thins such as the Retinue and the ability to promote you characters etc. Wont go into it here, rules can be found in the Vanguard core book.
So far its been really enjoyable!  :-*
The prelude to the campaign can be found here ->http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9

Storywise, following the "Edge of the Abyss" campaign the Halpi peninsula was cleared of free dwarfs by our troops. The cowards fled into Imperial Dwarf territory over the Great Cataract.
An agreement struck between leaders of the free dwarf clans and King Golloch lead to Imperial Dwarfs shipping and supplying an incursion of free Dwarfs to reclaim their lands in the Halpi peninsula. Of course King Golloch have no such plans for the campaign and simply see it as an opportunity to expand the empire or worst case get rid of the Free Dwarf clans who won't fold into his empire...

The incursion of the Free Dwarfs met with initial success at the coast and struck inland towards the newly established Abyssal Dwarf garrison/settlement of Kar'Kraz.
Our troops managed to get word of the coming attack and the battle for Kar'Kraz was won at the cost of more or less depleting our troops there. The Free Dwarfs suffered huge casualties as well and retreated up into their familiar mountainranges and old tunnels, falling back on guerrilla warfare harassing our troops at any chance they get.
Word was sent from Kar'Kraz to our twin cities, pride of our empire! And fresh troops and slaves are on their was south as we speak, to weed out the remaning Free Dwarfs before they can be resupplied from the coast.

Meanwhile in Kar'Kraz High Priest Zhurthar gathered a small force sent out to locate the dwarven camps and if possible destroy any pockets of resistance they might find...

The task was assign to one of our most ruthless Slavedrivers, Zharr'kus the Flayer. Who promptly whipped a force together and headed out in pursuit.

Not much is yet know about the forces of the Free Dwarfs, but a blond bearded individual with a blue cape has been sighted several times and is believed to be the character Freddy the Weakling. The competence and leadership of that individual is at best laughable and Zharr'kus task should be completed with in a few days at most.

Our slave troops tracked down the free dwarfs, and managed to catch a few of them of guard. While they were resupplying at one of their old hidden locations. No time was wasted and an attack was ordered while the Free Dwarfs were unprepared.

Senario Capture the Plans(or rather Free Dwarf maps and supplies) - 150pts
Forces chosen for the senario.

Both forces deployed diagonal opposite each other with 3 objectives between them. Two Free dwarf scouts were seen hiding behind the hill and rocks in the center. The aim of our forces was to spread out and try to secure as much terrain as possible until the "plans" were located.

Our clumsy slave troops made our forces and we were spotted by the dwarf scouts who sounded the alarm and alerted the rest of their troops in the area. The scouts quickly gathered their hidden stash and readied themselves to fall back. (Of course the plans were found by the scouts at the center location :o)

Our troops pushed forward, whips cracking and orders shouted at their lazy backs. Berzhakrrazh our gargoyle managed to just caught up with the dwarf scouts while dashing forward disregarding cover or its own safety. Almost makes one proud to see our maggots actually perform in battle for once. The Kdaii strode forward relentless despite taking several panicked arrows from behind the trees.

Berzhakrrazh lacked the ability to fend for itself and was disappointingly fast hacked down by the dwarf leader who charged. The nimble dwarf scout carrying the "plans" managed to sneak past the screen of troops before our Kdaii came crushing into their line, quickly smashing several free dwarfs to the ground. Of course the dwarfs couldn't stand before the might of our great flames of the holy Abyss!

The dwarf Levys fighting for their homes proved to be capable fighters though and kept resisting and poking the Kdaii with their spears. Sturdier than first thought, and Zharr'kus the Flayer noted that they'd probably make much better slaves than the ones at his command here.
The character recognized as Freddy the Weakling leapt out from the trees and blasted the slave hobgoblins with several fireballs scaring a few of them. While the dwarf scouts kept retreating...

After a long combat in the center the Kdaii flickered and vanished. Leaving behind several burnt and mutilated dwarf carcasses... Zharr'kus ordered the hobgoblin slaves to engage the dwarf leader and quickly take him out before they could escape with the "plans". But the dwarf leader had no pride what so ever and ran as quickly as he could after the scout...

Seeing the dwarf leader running up behind him the dwarf scout thought all to be lost, dropped everything he carried slowing him down and dissapeard...
While scrambling to secure the "plans" the dwarf leader was caught up by our pursuing slave troops just as the mountain fog rolled in. The useless slaves couldn't tell for sure weather the dwarf managed to secure the "plans" or if they were lost in the confusion that followed. Despite Zharr'kus whining them about all night in the fog nothing was found... Two more slaves were lost during the search, but that's the price they will have to pay for being utterly useless...

The senario ended in a Draw turn 6, seeing the dwarf scout failing 4! nerve test and heading of into the woods and leaving to dwarf leader unable to secure the "plans" while being in combat with the hobgoblins.

After the battle injuries were assessed and the dwarf healer managed to save the dwarfs from permanent damages, while Berzhakrrazh our Gargoyle suffered several deep wounds unable to be regenerated. Most probably due to the dwarfs being armed with runic weapons...

Both factions made camp, rested and resupplied. The dwarfs managed to scout out one of their old secret tombs containing the Obsidian Book of Secrets and the Abyssal Dwarfs received some basic supplies from Kar'Kraz.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 07:41:55 AM by tjub »

Offline tjub

• Librarian
Re: Tjubs 15mm blog
« Reply #126 on: August 19, 2019, 05:35:57 AM »
Finished building the castle, measures about 30x30cm. Think I'll be adding some optional details like stars etc later for skirmish use.  :)

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #127 on: August 19, 2019, 07:08:45 AM »
It looks absolutely amazing, very impressive!

But I can't really fathom that it's just 30x30cm!?!

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #128 on: August 19, 2019, 04:40:41 PM »
That is both beautiful and insane. lol

Great battle report. I enjoyed the read.

Offline tjub

• Librarian
« Reply #129 on: August 25, 2019, 08:56:24 AM »
It looks absolutely amazing, very impressive!

But I can't really fathom that it's just 30x30cm!?!
Thanks! It is, Ive been pondering the idea of building a bigger board this was. Like a city/inside of a bigger castle... But that will have to wait until Ive got more space and time. Hello retirement...  lol

That is both beautiful and insane. lol

Great battle report. I enjoyed the read.
Thanks!  :)

Just finished painting the castle/fort, need some siege equipment and we are ready to go... But I guess Ill have to do something else for a few weeks now, hehe.

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #130 on: August 25, 2019, 09:09:52 AM »
Looks great...when will we see it being attacked? :D
My current project...Classic Wargame - An experiment in 24" of wargaming!

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=140633.new#new

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #131 on: August 26, 2019, 05:15:35 PM »
That turned out magnificently!

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #132 on: August 26, 2019, 05:49:06 PM »
Is it modular?

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #133 on: August 27, 2019, 02:53:59 PM »
I believe it is. I would like to see a Great Wall of Tjub setup. Could be fun for a siege campaign.

Offline tjub

• Librarian
« Reply #134 on: August 28, 2019, 05:52:46 AM »
Looks great...when will we see it being attacked? :D
Before x-mas I hope...  ;D

I believe it is. I would like to see a Great Wall of Tjub setup. Could be fun for a siege campaign.
Jupp, there are 4 towers and 4 wall sections. That would indeed be cool!  :-*