Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:28:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690814
  • Total Topics: 118353
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: my 6mm Sci-Fi project  (Read 95450 times)

Offline Grah

• Bookworm
Re: my 6mm Sci-Fi project
« Reply #450 on: December 27, 2021, 04:44:00 PM »

I am quite enthused by your photo. The shanties are crazy good.

Right at the start of this thread you said you were using a SparkMaker for printing. Are you still on that or have you changed up? I have never thought about the idea of a digital printer but if I could get one that prints like those shanties or that radio dish...

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #451 on: December 27, 2021, 06:13:27 PM »
I am quite enthused by your photo. The shanties are crazy good.

Right at the start of this thread you said you were using a SparkMaker for printing. Are you still on that or have you changed up? I have never thought about the idea of a digital printer but if I could get one that prints like those shanties or that radio dish...

Cheers!
The Sparkmaker has been decommissioned about half a year ago, now we're using two Anycubic Photon S. That's still a very old and cheap printer, pretty much behind anything available now. So yeah, any printer (except for some super cheap ones) would be able to print this stuff with the same level of detail or more! :)

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #452 on: December 28, 2021, 03:58:51 AM »
I am just in awe of your work and really look forward to seeing more.
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #453 on: December 29, 2021, 11:27:33 PM »
Still very much WIP, but it's getting a bit better every time i complete painting some more parts!

A lot more shanties to prepare, but we're getting there!
Jack

Offline Cacique Caribe

• Mastermind
  • Gelatinous Legal Alien
« Reply #454 on: December 29, 2021, 11:42:39 PM »
WOW!!!  Truly inspiring.

Dan

Offline Mammoth miniatures

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #455 on: December 31, 2021, 03:52:48 PM »
It's really wonderful when you see a table set up that looks realistic.I can imagine people actually living in that settlement, Little trade caravans coming in through the gate, bandits making raids from across the desert.

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #456 on: December 31, 2021, 04:26:55 PM »
 :-* :-* :-*

Lovely!

Offline Smoke Frog

• Librarian
« Reply #457 on: December 31, 2021, 07:10:00 PM »
That is beautiful! Had a lot of fun going through your thread, so much tiny detail! Thanks for sharing your works in progress pictures too, really great stuff!

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #458 on: January 01, 2022, 03:44:53 PM »
Thank you all, very kind!

I'm currently working through the large set of shanties. I think i'll settle with half of them painted ,the rest will have to wait a bit more as i'll focus on some new pieces instead first. Maybe some more Medina pieces would do.

I also have to start focusing on the other factions, that would require some focus as well. :)

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #459 on: January 01, 2022, 05:11:12 PM »
Wow! that is absolutely awesome. Just a question, have you thought about a foot bridge or one for vehicles to span over those canyon gaps? Only because seeing the gas station, as to where it is at. I love to see what kind of idea you could come up with if you do.

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #460 on: January 01, 2022, 05:24:09 PM »
Wow! that is absolutely awesome. Just a question, have you thought about a foot bridge or one for vehicles to span over those canyon gaps? Only because seeing the gas station, as to where it is at. I love to see what kind of idea you could come up with if you do.

TLF's other sculptor did those already! I just haven't painted some yet, so they were not included in the picture. That's indeed one of the many elements still to add to the table! Good point, though!

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #461 on: January 08, 2022, 02:54:00 PM »
Did a first sculpt for the Enlisted - They're gonna end up being more "vanilla" humans than others, but i'm still having plenty of fun with the tanks! :)

More to follow!

Cheers,
Jack

Offline zrunelord

• Mastermind
    • Picts from the Front
« Reply #462 on: January 08, 2022, 06:25:50 PM »
Very nice & great technical design my friend. Love the clean straight lines.

Sketchup?  I'm impressed.  :) Are you designing these for 6mm only?

If I may suggest, I would personnally put that turret on an elongated 8 wheel design ( medium tank ) & put a smaller turret ( apc) on it .

Thanks for sharing

Z

http://castrarunis.blogspot.com/

Imagine & you can.
Most see shapes you must see possibilities.
Z

Offline madman

• Scientist
« Reply #463 on: January 08, 2022, 07:09:58 PM »
I like that design a lot. For me it has a vibe like a futuristic version of a '50s British vehicle like a Saracen or Saladin. Sort of the same company's design for a similar application 70+ years later on. Or on another world 200+ years later. Great job, thank you for posting it.

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #464 on: January 09, 2022, 10:05:42 AM »
Very nice & great technical design my friend. Love the clean straight lines.

Sketchup?  I'm impressed.  :) Are you designing these for 6mm only?

If I may suggest, I would personnally put that turret on an elongated 8 wheel design ( medium tank ) & put a smaller turret ( apc) on it .

Thanks for sharing

Z

Thanks! The models target 6-15mm (and i realize it's probably better for 15), i'm sure it could work in 28 but as always it'd be a bit chubby.
Yeah, I'm definitely going to mix up turrets a bit more - the slot is the same and people can glue them as they please!
8 wheels designs will follow for sure!!!

I like that design a lot. For me it has a vibe like a futuristic version of a '50s British vehicle like a Saracen or Saladin. Sort of the same company's design for a similar application 70+ years later on. Or on another world 200+ years later. Great job, thank you for posting it.
Thanks!! The whole design shape was taken from several illustrations online (first of all https://www.artstation.com/kondratovich ) but it clearly mimics the strikers that are around now. Larger vehicles won't have a real-life cousin, but i'll try to make them look reasonable too!