Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:17:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1685058
  • Total Topics: 118008
  • Online Today: 935
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: my 6mm Sci-Fi project  (Read 93266 times)

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
Re: my 6mm Sci-Fi project
« Reply #360 on: August 01, 2021, 02:45:39 PM »
Ah, meanwhile, a group shot of the almost-finished Enlisted Army. The big big robot is still incomplete, alas!

Cheer,
Jack

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
« Reply #361 on: August 01, 2021, 05:39:23 PM »
They look nice, but quite as striking as the yellow spider-walker force from earlier in the thread.  Then again, they're also gray figs being photographed against a very similar background rather than being, well, yellow.  And spidery.  :)

The big mech reminds me a little of one of the figs from WETA Workshop's GKR: Heavy Hitters game.

Offline Maniac

• Scientist
« Reply #362 on: August 02, 2021, 02:50:06 PM »
Looks fantastic.  I've thought of picking up some of your 6mm city stuff.  Do you rotate it at all when printing (I've got an Anycubic Photon for resin printing and should shortly have a CR-10 for FDM) in resin? 

Mostly I will be trying out the com towers and possibly one of the smaller city packs for use with my Battletech minis.
On time, on target, or the next one's free

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #363 on: August 03, 2021, 02:44:10 PM »
Looks fantastic.  I've thought of picking up some of your 6mm city stuff.  Do you rotate it at all when printing (I've got an Anycubic Photon for resin printing and should shortly have a CR-10 for FDM) in resin? 

Mostly I will be trying out the com towers and possibly one of the smaller city packs for use with my Battletech minis.

Thanks! I generally keep all my pieces slightly rotated to avoid horizontal beams. Note that all of the stuff is PRE-SUPPORTED, and tested on a photon S. :P

They look nice, but quite as striking as the yellow spider-walker force from earlier in the thread.  Then again, they're also gray figs being photographed against a very similar background rather than being, well, yellow.  And spidery.  :)

The big mech reminds me a little of one of the figs from WETA Workshop's GKR: Heavy Hitters game.
Considering i haven't sculpted the humans, i'll thake that as a compliment! :P

• Mastermind
« Reply #364 on: August 03, 2021, 04:01:54 PM »
Considering i haven't sculpted the humans, i'll thake that as a compliment! :P

It was certainly intended as such.  Those things are gorgeous, and their style's virtually unique.  Closest I can think of are a few of GZG's 15mm drone weapon platforms, and even those have a very different look.

Plus, painting yellow well is always a strong flex.  :)

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #365 on: August 16, 2021, 08:37:12 AM »
It was certainly intended as such.  Those things are gorgeous, and their style's virtually unique.  Closest I can think of are a few of GZG's 15mm drone weapon platforms, and even those have a very different look.

Plus, painting yellow well is always a strong flex.  :)

Hah, I'm rather proud of my yellow! :)

Meeeeeanwhile, here's a tiny sneak peak to what i'm working on ATM. It took me some long hours to understand the workflow well enough to have decent posable humans, but I can say i'm pretty happy with that now!

Wastelanders!

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #366 on: August 31, 2021, 10:35:10 AM »
First vehicle printed-  lots to do, and not happy with the painting, but the overall model shape works!

Painting this was fun. It looks definitely better in flesh than in photo, but I reckon i should find a better colour scheme!

Updates soon!
Jack

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #367 on: August 31, 2021, 10:41:40 AM »
Oh my god! That is so well done!
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

• Mastermind
« Reply #368 on: August 31, 2021, 11:42:59 AM »
Very nice, love the aesthetic. 

I find myself annoyed that Dropzone Commander went with 10mm all over again, their Resistance figure range has a similar ramshackle look to everything but, y'know, wrong damn scale for Epic/Dirtside goodness.

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
« Reply #369 on: August 31, 2021, 11:47:31 AM »
Witness!!!!

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #370 on: August 31, 2021, 12:42:16 PM »
Very nice, love the aesthetic. 

I find myself annoyed that Dropzone Commander went with 10mm all over again, their Resistance figure range has a similar ramshackle look to everything but, y'know, wrong damn scale for Epic/Dirtside goodness.

Hear hear! I'm trying to roughly mimic the Orks lists, so that people can proxy that with war boys! :D

Aesthetic wise, i'm pretty blatantly going for a construction-machinery-mad-max. Larger mining rigs will follow, filled with weapons and teeming with boys. I would have gone for a CAT yellow, but i've got another yellow army already.

Suggestions for alternative painting schemes??

Oh my god! That is so well done!

Cheers, man! Thanks!

Witness!!!!

This is gonna be something to witness indeed! :D

MEANWHILE - Full Spectrum Dominance is almost in Beta. I'd love if you LAFers would give a read (and a try?) at it!

• Mastermind
« Reply #371 on: August 31, 2021, 02:55:18 PM »
Hear hear! I'm trying to roughly mimic the Orks lists, so that people can proxy that with war boys! :D

Aesthetic wise, i'm pretty blatantly going for a construction-machinery-mad-max. Larger mining rigs will follow, filled with weapons and teeming with boys. I would have gone for a CAT yellow, but i've got another yellow army already.

Suggestions for alternative painting schemes??

Well, John Deere Green seems pretty popular for real world CTA Yellow alternatives, with bright yellow wheel hubs.  Also a mid-to-light orange (don't know the name of it) that's presumably for max visibility same as the yellow.  All suitably filthy and rusted, given the post-apoc thing.  Rust oranges and browns would contrast well with the green.

If you wanted something subtler, maybe have them in an unevenly applied military green top coat with patches of the original CAT Yellow and rusty metal showing through where it's been scraped off?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 02:57:34 PM by Chief Lackey Rich »

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #372 on: August 31, 2021, 03:15:39 PM »
Well, John Deere Green seems pretty popular for real world CTA Yellow alternatives, with bright yellow wheel hubs.  Also a mid-to-light orange (don't know the name of it) that's presumably for max visibility same as the yellow.  All suitably filthy and rusted, given the post-apoc thing.  Rust oranges and browns would contrast well with the green.

If you wanted something subtler, maybe have them in an unevenly applied military green top coat with patches of the original CAT Yellow and rusty metal showing through where it's been scraped off?

The green - yellow pattern sounds pretty good!!
Considering the amount of figures i'll end up painting, probably I shouldn't think of camos. Although tempting....

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #373 on: September 03, 2021, 09:18:45 AM »
Ssso, i decided for the colour scheme (will stick to the turquoise) mostly because of this magnificent beast i'll use as inspiration for the faction's big guy:

And meanwhile, i worked on some of the weapons.
I FULLY UNDERSTAND that the details of this pieces are not for 6mm. In fact, i'm hoping to target the much larger 15mm scifi niche with these.

Updates with painted fun stuff soon!

Jack

• Mastermind
« Reply #374 on: September 03, 2021, 11:56:01 AM »
Well, that's adorable.  The turquoise looks fine, although I'd dirty it up a bit myself.  Hard to do in small scales without losing the color, though.

I always wanted to see more Orky/Skinner/Junker walkers that had actual track units for feet (at the end of articulated legs, of course).  Ridiculous engineering, of course, but it would fit the already absurd "gargant" motif.  I suspect that desire is partially colored by an old Heartbreaker-era Warzone fig that had a prosthetic leg in that style.