Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:20:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: SYW Freshly Painted French Light Infantry  (Read 1490 times)

Offline Peter d

• Bookworm
    • The Single Handed Admiral
SYW Freshly Painted French Light Infantry
« on: September 22, 2018, 03:37:53 PM »
They were a long time coming but I've finished up a unit of 16 Voluntaries de l'armee.  Figures are 28mm Front Rank.  Pics attached but more pics and details at my blog.

http://singlehandedadmiral.blogspot.com/2018/09/volontaires-de-larmee-completed.html
Been playing with toy soldiers since the mid 70s.  Not planning to grow up any time soon.

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
Re: SYW Freshly Painted French Light Infantry
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 05:44:42 PM »
They look great! I like this red hue!
I'm in the process to create more light infantry for my 15mm SYW French army and I'm interested in any article talking about volontaires or other similar skirmishing units!
Eager to see more of your job! Cheers!
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Offline Peter d

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 06:36:05 PM »
Thanks Din, glad that you like them.  The red is likely too bright historically, but after years of painting I've decided that bright colours that stand out trump realistically faded and dirty figures on table.  Plus I like the SYW for the OS toy soldier look, so tend to play that up on this project.

Next up Hessian musketeers...
Cheers Peter

Offline bluewillow

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Bluewillow- Matthew Williamson
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 06:56:54 AM »
Nice work,

It has been labour of love the French 7YW army for me for 10 years or more, I try to finish two units a year with FR

Cheers
Matt

Offline Belisarius

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • Yahoo groups Ulster Wargames Society
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2018, 10:36:55 AM »
Lovely figures , Peter. Since they are in the long sleeved waistcoats I,m assuming they could also be painted in blue or even white ,if you were considering a second unit . I,ve been dithering about which colours to use on some figures for the FIW . Well done , always nice to see SYW figures. ✔️

Offline Peter d

• Bookworm
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2018, 06:02:02 PM »
Nice work,

It has been labour of love the French 7YW army for me for 10 years or more, I try to finish two units a year with FR

Cheers
Matt
Thanks Matt, I'm in a similar boat but slightly higher production rate.

Offline Peter d

• Bookworm
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2018, 06:04:15 PM »
Lovely figures , Peter. Since they are in the long sleeved waistcoats I,m assuming they could also be painted in blue or even white ,if you were considering a second unit . I,ve been dithering about which colours to use on some figures for the FIW . Well done , always nice to see SYW figures. ✔️

Thanks Bellisarius.  You're exactly right that you could do white or blue waistcoats - you often see pictures of the French Regiments in the FIW in a blue waistcoat.  I went with red so that they stood out on a table a bit.  Of course I did my Swiss in the same red...
Cheers, Peter