Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:33:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 3dHubs change of policy now limits options.  (Read 637 times)

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
3dHubs change of policy now limits options.
« on: October 06, 2018, 12:02:44 AM »
I have used 3dHubs quite a few times for printing small bits of scenery and my collection of Forward March 3mm armies. They were great; easy to use system, prior verification of print quality, instant quotes and you could pick the printer you wanted to use based on price, machine, layer height, location, material, colour of material, previous projects or whatever.

Wonderful.  Then last week they changed it.  >:(

Now they preselect the printer you will use and only allow you to switch within a very limited subset of the previously available services. So you now have no way of selecting the cheapest, the nearest, the printer who can produce your piece in clear plastic or in my case the print service I have been using for the past 6 months.
I live in Tenerife and according to 3dHubs if I want 3d printing done now I have to use a print service in France whose price is 4x what I was paying before and I have pay the extra shipping, import and courier admin fees for the privilege of doing so.

If you have used 3dHubs and have a service you are happy with make sure you get a direct contact from them so you can go back to them. Do not rely on getting the work done via 3dHubs.
If you have not used them don't bother now, go to Shapeways.