Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:02:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690583
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 728
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Brummies 15mm Sci Fi - Old crow -Xi'An Force  (Read 38189 times)

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
Re: Brummies 15mm Sci Fi - Xian Mechanised Unit (Old Crow and Brigade)
« Reply #225 on: August 09, 2021, 09:18:38 PM »
Work on the Commonwealth continues apace and I'll soon be able to show off a near complete army. However I've still been fitting in finishing up some half painted units and decided on completing a few Xian units as they've been utterly neglected for years.

These are Old Crow (bar the Half-track which is now Brigade)

The patrol vehicle is an otherwise never-before-seen on the Internet version of the Outrider Scout Vehicle that was released after Old Crow dropped the online store.

I have some more Old Crow models that haven't been seen before in 15mm and will be sharing them soon.

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #226 on: August 09, 2021, 09:46:53 PM »
Great work, friend!

I really like what you have done. Old Crow had an AA system that I really liked. Right about now, I will have to focus on leadpile reduction, though...

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
« Reply #227 on: August 10, 2021, 09:24:57 AM »
Great work, friend!

I really like what you have done. Old Crow had an AA system that I really liked. Right about now, I will have to focus on leadpile reduction, though...

Cheers Ockman!

What AA system was that? I've seen two so far but I think one is 28mm only (Tunguska looking thing) and one is a turret option with missiles.

Both look very cool and I'd like to get both if possible in 15mm.

I really like that with Old Crow, GzG and Brigade, they do all the niche stuff like ARVs etc that you don't usually see.

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
Re: Brummies 15mm Sci Fi - Them!!
« Reply #228 on: August 10, 2021, 03:34:23 PM »
Another Mutant to add to the collection:

If you thought giant Scorpions were terrifying, then you'll be petrified of the giant Ant, for unlike the Scorpion, not only did the size of the Ant increase a thousandfold, but so too did their intellect.

Long ago a series of terraformed world's with drastically different solar ecosystems to our own were earmarked for scientific study. Scientists wanted to know how Earth based life would evolve on Earth like planets without human interference, but with suns and neighboring world's very different to our own. Planet C-4723 now nicknamed Myrmidon was one such world.

From this world a new terror emerged. The science crew dispatched to study the planet barely survived. They spoke of huge mounds, hundreds of metres tall, and vast, pitch black tunnels that wind endlessly downwards. On the surface, they spoke of a world that had been altered beyond anything recognisable. Of huge farms of tirelessly cultivated plant and animal life stretching as far as the eye could see. Nothing had been untouched, like Humanity and Earth all those hundreds of years ago, wherever the Ant could roam, it brought it's crude infrastructure with it.

When Federation command received news of what had occurred on Myrmidon, they immediately dispatched a fleet. To save their troops, Myrmidon was subjected to a mass asteroid bombardment. With the surface of the world ablaze and it's oceans near evaporated the Federation withdrew. Content it had done enough to end this threat and suitably ruin any possibility of recovery.

Yet the Ants did recover. And they evolved. In the throes of the Corporate war, some world's around Myrmidon have gone dark. Even now, as humanity recovers from the war and it's aftershocks the threat spreads, biding it's time and eager for revenge.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 03:36:45 PM by Brummie »

Offline Mako

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #229 on: August 10, 2021, 05:50:07 PM »
Cool !!!

Who makes the giant ants?

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
« Reply #230 on: August 10, 2021, 05:53:28 PM »
Cool !!!

I think they're OOP now, can't remember who made them but I acquired them and some others a while ago.

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
« Reply #231 on: August 10, 2021, 06:57:05 PM »
I think they're OOP now, can't remember who made them but I acquired them and some others a while ago.

Assuming they're metal, maybe Steve Jackson Games' "giant ant" box for their Atomic Horror GURPS setting book?  They sure look similar.

Lovely paint work, regardless of who made the figs.  Really got some depth going on those colors.

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
« Reply #232 on: August 10, 2021, 08:42:48 PM »
Many great updates. Love those ground vehicles and the giant ants. It came from the Desert was a favorite video game of mine back in the day. I mean, just REALLY old-school 8-bit  garbage, but I remember fighting giant ants! Good times.

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #233 on: August 11, 2021, 08:00:47 AM »
Oh my, I loved "It came from the desert" (although I never played the sequel "It came for dessert")!

Really lovely/horrible!

The AA-system I thought about was the AA missile turret, which could be mounted on a fixed base. Made me think about C&C, for some reason...

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #234 on: August 11, 2021, 09:43:56 AM »

Not quite as nice, but available & cheap (Halloween) or
very cheap (Just after Halloween) are bags of insects
from places like Poundland.

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
« Reply #235 on: August 11, 2021, 10:40:51 AM »
Assuming they're metal, maybe Steve Jackson Games' "giant ant" box for their Atomic Horror GURPS setting book?  They sure look similar.

Lovely paint work, regardless of who made the figs.  Really got some depth going on those colors.

Yes I think you're right, it was Steve Jackson, just googled it and they're exact.

Crooked Dice and Khurasan do metal Ants as well, which I'll use for workers or mutants etc.

• Mastermind
« Reply #236 on: August 11, 2021, 12:29:59 PM »
Oh my, I loved "It came from the desert" (although I never played the sequel "It came for dessert")!

FWIW, both the Vigilante 8 (car combat) and King of Monsters (a kaiju brawler) console games (PS1, IIRC) had "giant ant" levels.  They aren't quite as a ancient as It Came From the Desert but still worth a play if you ever get the chance.

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
Re: Brummies 15mm Sci Fi - Invasive Species
« Reply #237 on: August 14, 2021, 03:17:39 PM »
Another Terrain piece finished:

« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 03:24:55 PM by Brummie »

• Mastermind
Re: Brummies 15mm Sci Fi - Invasive Species...
« Reply #238 on: August 14, 2021, 03:40:11 PM »
Nice.  Where are the "flowers" from?  They look weirdly familiar.

Reminds me of some of the All Quiet On the Martian Front terrain I did back when that was briefly a thing.

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
Re: Brummies 15mm Sci Fi - Invasive Species...
« Reply #239 on: August 14, 2021, 04:31:26 PM »
 lol I just received the old black and white movie "Them" in the mail this week!  lol

Those plants look great!
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/