Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:13:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Brummies 15mm Sci Fi - Old crow -Xi'An Force  (Read 38194 times)

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
Re: Brummies 15mm Sci Fi - The Bear Necessities
« Reply #90 on: January 22, 2020, 09:45:02 PM »
Love it. Really like your worldbuilding. The Plantoids remind me of the PC game Stellaris  :D

Thanks Gibby, I have been playing Stellaris before Christmas! Game really fires up the imagination though it can be a terrible time sink  lol

And thanks guys for the kind words.

Got a short one today as just finished this guy, he is the leader of four siblings, haven't worked his and his team's backstory yet but will wait till I get the other 3 painted up before fully introducing them to the frontier!

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #91 on: January 22, 2020, 10:11:19 PM »
Thanks Gibby, I have been playing Stellaris before Christmas! Game really fires up the imagination though it can be a terrible time sink  lol

Yes, yes it can! :D

Have managed to resist for a while lol

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #92 on: January 23, 2020, 06:46:19 AM »
Lovely bear, mate!

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2020, 08:51:25 PM »
Yes, yes it can! :D

Have managed to resist for a while lol

Haha I'm not far behind that 161hrs lost to the void on that game.so far and on my third campaign.

I've been getting quite a bit painted up for my 15mm sci fi lately, but haven't had chance to post much of it, today though I finished some more Armoured vehicles for the Coalition.

Won't be long before they have enough kit to take on the UCRS!

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
Re: Brummies 15mm Sci Fi - More Koalition Vehicles
« Reply #94 on: February 17, 2020, 09:13:00 PM »
Nice work on those vehicles you have there.  ;)
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #95 on: February 17, 2020, 10:14:46 PM »
Lovely stuff. What range are they from?

Really should start my 15mm sci-fi stuff this year!

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
« Reply #96 on: February 17, 2020, 10:18:59 PM »
Lovely stuff. What range are they from?

Really should start my 15mm sci-fi stuff this year!

Cheers both!

And they're GZG tracked vehicles, they're the heavy/medium variety. I ought to start routinely putting the names of manufacturers on posts when I stick these up in case folks are interested!

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #97 on: February 18, 2020, 11:50:04 AM »
Lovely work on those vehicles!

edit:

I ought to start routinely putting the names of manufacturers on posts when I stick these up in case folks are interested!

Yes, you ought to always name the manufacturer/model!

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
Re: Brummies 15mm Sci Fi - Soldiers of Idan
« Reply #98 on: February 19, 2020, 12:07:51 AM »
By your Command!

Completed the first batch of some Khurasan GOTA Clan troops some weeks ago. The rest are waiting in line behind some ninjas and frontier types.

This faction will be known as the Idani and they reside on the edge of the Human Sphere in close proximity to the UCRS and New Xia. The Idani were once Federation loyalists whose original homeworld was destroyed during the A.I war that took place some years after the corporate war. Their original world was in the path of billions of robotic and synthetic droids that had accidentally gained sentience and were fleeing persecution, hoping to escape the human sphere. At first the Idani attempted to facilitate the machines and their Federal Governor proposed hosting negotiations between the Federation President and the A.I leader "Sora". However Federation military forces fearing the machines superiority in numbers chose to detonate a number of EMP devices in orbit, before their politicians could intervene. The attack killed millions of humans and machines alike yet ultimately did not succeed in wiping out the A.I who'd prepared for such an outcome with typical machine efficiency. Nevertheless the ensuing ground war forced the surviving Idani to flee. They resettled on a particularly hot terraformed world near the frontier and have vowed that they will protect this new planet to the bitter end.

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #99 on: February 19, 2020, 04:56:38 AM »
That is a very well crafted background story you've created. I think it is really, really cool. The minis and paintjobs looks really good as well!

Poor Idani, trying to do the right thing, only to be caught in the cross fire...

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
Re: Brummies 15mm Sci Fi - Support Weapons, Heavy Tanks and Adventurers.
« Reply #100 on: March 03, 2020, 11:35:46 PM »
 Finally got around to finishing the Heavy weapons for my UCRS Light infantry platoon (Khurasan Nova Respublik Heavy Infantry weapons etc). Had these sat around for ages waiting to be finished. Took longer to do then I expect and on taking some.photos I realised I misplaced a loader for the guided launcher system  :-[

Nevertheless, these are some of the first 15mm infantry figs I ever bought alongside GZG NAC some 6-7 years ago (shows how long it takes me to get stuff painted sometimes).

Like virtually all my Human armies (bar a select few) I've included manned heavy weapons teams. I suspect the fashionable thing for future warfare is to have drones offer most of the infantry weapons support and these do exist in almost all but the most technophobic/basic factions as well. The balance between manned and unmanned infantry support weapons differs from faction to faction due to a range of reasons (culture, politics etc) but manned weapons are kept generally to ensure tactical flexibility: electronic warfare is fierce, and a commander can always count on his unmanned vehicles being unreliable at various intervals due to the intensity of efforts to disable them remotely.

Also came into possession of a small Vacc suit team by GZG, I bought these for the Pa and he painted them, but gave them back after a clear out  lol. I recently bought some alien animals with the intent to create a game with competing explorers searching for alien treasure on a Gaia world. Similarly he painted a Khurasan M5A3EPS Heavy tank and a NR Yozhik. I've a few that will be used for the Federation, but this one and the Yozhik shall be a part of a rag-tag band of Mercenary misfits.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #101 on: March 04, 2020, 08:41:43 PM »
Nice work (I like that tank especially).

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #102 on: March 04, 2020, 11:53:40 PM »
Lovely work, Brummie!

I've got that exploration vehicle as well, but haven't built it yet. It looks amazing!

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #103 on: March 05, 2020, 12:00:56 AM »
Really nice work you have there!

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
Re: Brummies 25mm Sci Fi.
« Reply #104 on: March 07, 2020, 08:21:34 PM »
Cheers Chaps!

Small side project WIP: Yukia Tanaka the Biker Babe with attitude (BB-06 from GZGs 25mm Biker Babe range). Decided I'd get a few 25mm figs to have a go painting up and took a gamble on this one as it has no picture on GZG webpage.

I'm tempted to do a mini 25mm sci fi project on the side. Fairly happy with how the figure turned out although I'm undecided on what to do for the base.