Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 10:06:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Brummies 15mm Sci Fi - Old crow -Xi'An Force  (Read 38123 times)

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
Re: Brummies 15mm Sci Fi - Alien Critters!
« Reply #150 on: July 15, 2020, 10:28:49 AM »
Nice work mate... some quite disturbing aliens....which is a good thing as it means they don’t look like aliens from the original Star Trek (ie people in suits)

8)

Cheers mate!

You and me share the same gripe with that show  lol

Oh, I believe one of those is rather Star Trek inspired:

Brummie just gave him a pink body instead  lol

That has to be one of the more exotic ST aliens I've seen!

Funnily enough I did think the model looked like it could be a dude in a fat suit  lol

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #151 on: July 15, 2020, 10:53:00 PM »
Heralds of Yn'gith are creepy! I like a bit of cosmic horror in any sci fi setting! Humans think they've learned to master the stars, but no!

Excellent updates! :)

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #152 on: July 17, 2020, 10:55:17 PM »
Those are great! We really do need more creatures in the 15mm range.
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
Re: Brummies 15mm Sci Fi - Soldados de la Andujar Republica
« Reply #153 on: July 18, 2020, 09:29:42 PM »
Cheers guys, and there always more room for Critters War Monkey! Recently been eyeing up some monsters from Krakon Games.

Have an infantry platoon for another Minor faction: the Republic of Andujar; The Andujarians are somewhat unique in that they have been able to preserve traces of what was Earth's Spanish speaking cultures; no mean feat in the far flung future and thousands of light years from Earth. The Andujari homeworld (simply known as Reina) was until recently was the only world the Andujaris occupy, with little need to expand as the systems gas giants and ample asteroid belts provided abundant raw materials. Energy, farmed from Andujars three gas giants was it's main export, often being sold to passing trade vessels, who then took it to the nearby frontier where demand was always high.

Unfortunately African Union expansion fueled by a trade war with New Xia has seen the AU ramp up the development of trade infrastructure in Andujars neighbor Tulurna, a system with two habitable world's that have been in the throes of anarchy since the A.I rebellion. Andujar believes the completion of said infrastructure will result in many traders bypassing their system which would collapse energy exports. Thus Andujar has begun sending colonists and troops to Tulurna to put them at the negotiating table with the AU and ensure some level of control over future trade. Unfortunately neither the local residents of Tulurna or the AU (who're also despised by the locals) look to be in a talkative mood...

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
Re: Brummies 15mm Sci Fi - Eisenfaust Laser Tank
« Reply #154 on: July 20, 2020, 06:37:32 PM »
Quick post; finished an Eisenfaust Laser Tank from Brigade Models. Been painting some WW2 Germans of late and decided to use Dunkelgelb on some sci fi vehicles so this is a test (decided against camo for this particular vehicle).

I'm quite pleased with it so the rest of the Unit and all follow up vehicles for this particular faction (undecided which faction that'll be, might be the Idani, who have no vehicular support atm) will have this scheme.

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #155 on: July 20, 2020, 11:21:44 PM »
That turned out very nicely, great colors and markings!

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
Re: Brummies 15mm Sci Fi - Camper Caravans... In Spaaaaace!
« Reply #156 on: July 21, 2020, 04:10:41 PM »
Thanks War Monkey! And now for something totally different! (Again...)

CAMPER CARAVANS!!!

Perfect for all holidays! Each Camper Van has its own Fusion Reactor capable of allowing for those looong cross planetary trips! Perfect for safari, fishing trips and sight seeing!

The Marineris Traverser (on the left) is great for long range trips! More than capable of carrying a family of 4-8 (especially for those 100 year old parents who have children of multiple generations) this Martian Industries Caravan has everything you need! Luxury bathroom and bedroom space. Please note there is even a fold out canopy that can be bought separately for extra space!

Next up is the venerable FW Camper (right)! Built by the venerable FolksWagen Company from Verbunden 2, this blast from the Ancient past is perfect for anybody who wishes to relive the trauma... I mean spiritual migrations undertaken by our distant ancestors! The basis for the design was discovered by accident by an Archaeological Dig Team operating in the mysterious tropical jungles of Wales. This vehicle is best for folks on a budget but is great for romantic get aways, fishing trips (not at the same time though) and character building.

(Campers by CP models, Figures by GZG)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 04:17:51 PM by Brummie »

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
« Reply #157 on: July 21, 2020, 04:16:02 PM »
That is a great model. Is it resin cast, or 3d printed? It is a little hard to tell.

Oh, and the campers are great too! Love the sci-fi VW.

Offline zrunelord

• Mastermind
    • Picts from the Front
« Reply #158 on: July 21, 2020, 04:24:45 PM »
Nice work Brummie keep it up...

Z
http://castrarunis.blogspot.com/

Imagine & you can.
Most see shapes you must see possibilities.
Z

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
« Reply #159 on: July 21, 2020, 04:25:42 PM »
Cheers Andrew! The Tank is resin cast (the main turret and the ball turret are metal mind) as is standard with all Brigades Models I believe.

Its very sturdy resin and requires virtually no cleaning for the most part (only encountered a few from Brigade where the resin 'sweats')

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #160 on: July 22, 2020, 01:09:37 AM »
Those CP  models are great, I have been eyeing the VW  one for a long time, wishing to paint it up to look like the Scooby-Doo  Mystery Van. I have already eyed armed figures for the gang as well!

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #161 on: July 28, 2020, 08:02:49 PM »
Wow, great job on those vehicles!

Offline Ragsta

• Scientist
« Reply #162 on: July 30, 2020, 09:09:32 PM »
This is all bloomin marvellous! I love all the different beasties and your use of so many different manufacturers for them. The background is also nicely written, really great stuff sir.

Offline AndrewBeasley

• Mastermind
« Reply #163 on: August 01, 2020, 10:56:58 PM »
That FolksWagan is soooo wrong but great.  Neat paint job on both of them.

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
Re: Brummies 15mm Sci Fi - Civilian, Commercial, Industrial Bots Part 1.
« Reply #164 on: August 24, 2020, 04:31:41 PM »
Cheers chaps!

Been collecting a load of robots lately as there is quite the choice in 15mm. These are generally civilian bots although I suspect some of the industrial variants could be good for criminal gangs or insurgents.

All the bots bar the Blue Bot are from Alternative Armies. The Blue bot is from GZG.