Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:23:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Ace!  (Read 2016 times)

Offline oxiana

• Mastermind
Ace!
« on: May 27, 2009, 01:30:48 PM »
Been away from the brushes for the past month, travelling for work. So I'm easing myself back in, and back on the case with my ever-expanding Doctor Who project. Here's McCoy-era companion Ace, as played by the lovely Sophie Aldred:

An excellent companion from an era that (for me) is a quite a bit better than is commonly remembered, and a fun little mini to paint on top of that. The Seventh Doctor himself is currently on the paint table (along with the Eighth), but I'm currently stalled on the painting of his finely patterned trousers. Watch this space...

Offline anevilgiraffe

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://anevilgiraffe.blogspot.com/
Re: Ace!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 02:05:20 PM »
nice job... mine is mid paint job but I got distracted by something else... hate painting blacks...

Online JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 04:14:44 PM »
Very nice.  8)

I too am of the opinion that poor old Sylvester's run is a bit underrated, probably because each three-or-four part story had a budget of about eight and a half pee. Look at the cheetah people. I rest my case.

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 04:41:13 PM »
Ace is ace!  :) Great painting on the jacket.

"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline anevilgiraffe

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 04:51:47 PM »
Very nice.  8)

I too am of the opinion that poor old Sylvester's run is a bit underrated, probably because each three-or-four part story had a budget of about eight and a half pee. Look at the cheetah people. I rest my case.

now to be fair, they ain't that bad... the kitlings on the other hand are awful animatronics... and apparently they only look that bad because they were told the first one they made was too realistic and would freak out kids...

Offline oxiana

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 05:39:00 PM »
Well, the effects were often pretty dodgy, no matter the Doctor - just for the first half of the McCoy era they also seemed to forget that a story and script were also useful! The last season really started to see a return to form.

Anyway, I'd better get working on that mini pretty sharpish, before the new Heresy 'not-Ninth' Ecclescake starts shipping in a couple of weeks time...

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 05:54:12 PM »
Very very nice! The decals on the jacket are fantastic.

I enjoyed painting Ace. A great little model with a suprising amount of detail.

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 06:45:22 PM »
Nice paint job.

Ace is ace!
I'm sure you mean, wicked! :P
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin

Offline anevilgiraffe

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 06:53:56 PM »
Anyway, I'd better get working on that mini pretty sharpish, before the new Heresy 'not-Ninth' Ecclescake starts shipping in a couple of weeks time...

5th of June apparently  :D

I have to say, I think Ace is one of your best yet... looking forward to your Sylv...