Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:25:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689699
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Rani of Jhansi  (Read 5007 times)

Offline शेर खान

• Assistant
Re: Rani of Jhansi
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2018, 06:50:17 PM »
I think the visuals in this movie are stunning and inspiring.

That the opressors are subject to sterotypical (and inaccurate) representation is rather unsurprising. This is a very common trope in movies of this kind.

The surprising thing would actually be historical accuracy, no matter which "side"  is making the movie.

Offline Antonio J Carrasco

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
Re: Rani of Jhansi
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2018, 05:09:11 PM »
I think the visuals in this movie are stunning and inspiring.

That the opressors are subject to sterotypical (and inaccurate) representation is rather unsurprising. This is a very common trope in movies of this kind.

The surprising thing would actually be historical accuracy, no matter which "side"  is making the movie.

Ok, I think that the filmmakers are trying to make a short of Indian "300", going for over the top action and comic-esque representation rather than any kind of accuracy. While I understand the rationale, I don't find it appealing. I couldn't understand the popularity of 300 at the time -neither the movie nor the comic-, so imagine this movie! And yet both stories, that of Leonidas and of Lakshmibai, are true epics by themselves, without need of too much embellishment to make them interesting.