Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:55:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689236
  • Total Topics: 118264
  • Online Today: 526
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Bakewell/Derbyshire Leg of the 2018 GBnUIT  (Read 573 times)

Offline Terry37

• Scientist
Bakewell/Derbyshire Leg of the 2018 GBnUIT
« on: October 03, 2018, 06:06:12 PM »
The first Leg of the 2018 GBnUIT HOTT Tournament “Land of Giants” has been played – the Bakewell/Derbyshire Leg, hosted by Simon Wilson. Five players participated and from the pictures it sure looks like they had a great time! And there are some really VERY creative armies too (which is a favorite part of the tournament for me seeing all the creativity everyone comes up with). Their armies were Sir Francis drake and the Spanish Armadillo, Mythical Greek, Orcs, Reptilian and Fish'n'pips.

A picture of the attendees. Simon advised that Tim Sharrock – Sir Francis Drake and the Spanish Armadillo won the tournament – Congratulations Tim, and to all for taking part.

They ran a four round tournament so everyone had a chance to play everyone, and then a fifth round where they had to use someone else’s army. So not only creative armies, but a delightfully creative approach.

Here are the armies.

Tim Sharrock’s wining Sir Francis Drake and the Spanish Armadillo army. Love it!

Benedict Sharrock’s exceptionally cool Greek Myth army!

Mark Johnson’s awesome Orc army looking like they are out for blood!

Tristan Gale’s Lizard man army, which looks ready to take on all comers – don’t be shy….step right up!

Simon Wilson’s delightful Fish-n-Pips army! Have to love the chariot!

I told you they had some very creative armies and also some very creative names!!!

And now some game action.

Mystical Greek flanking column.

Mystical Greek Behemoth prepares to duel with the Orc Behemoth – that should have been fun! To quote Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome – “Two go in one comes out!”!!!

Mystical Greek attack on Orc Stronghold – Hmmmm?????

Lizard men advance with Behemoth General and  a second Behemoth as well!

Orc Behemoth lays into the Lizardman Behemoth!

Fish-n-Pips army awaits the Orc onslaught and get battered!!! Ouch!

Sir Francis Drake and the Armadillo charge into the Colossus of Rails. No guess as to the outcome!

And of course, a couple of payer shots.

And the game is afoot!!!

Some pretty tense looking faces here! But all friends in the end!

I have to commend Simon for a truly great Leg of the tournament (his first), and extend special thanks to Mark Johnson for opening his home for the tournament and to Tim Sharrock for the really excellent photos. Gentlemen all, a job well done!

Couldn’t have had a better kick off to this year’s tournament!!! There will be more GBnUIT reports coming in the near future as there are plenty of Legs still to be played.

Terry

"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." - Richard Adams