Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:50:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 28mm Perry British Light Infantry Germantown Campaign  (Read 1355 times)

Offline SirGromit1879

• Librarian
28mm Perry British Light Infantry Germantown Campaign
« on: January 27, 2019, 09:01:52 PM »
Hello all,

Thought I would take a photo of these to post on here as this is the first unit I have ever completed after over 10 years of painting (hoarding) miniatures. Painted them up for the wargames group i am with for a game at Penarth. The pressure of a deadline really helped and now i have realised i can finish painting jobs it has inspired me to make sure to finish more!.

They are Perry AWI British light infantry. 40th Somersetshire regiment. The colour bearers and drummer will be the start of my center company but was too excited to get some flags on some finished minis so put them with the light infantry.

Can't wait to finish the regiment now, Grenadier company next then up to 3 center companies, although need to juggle that with preparing for a medieval demo game next year

First time using static grass applicator for bases and only had 2 hours to do it so did not get time to do multiple layers of different lengths.

Cheers

Offline armchairgeneral

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
Re: 28mm Perry British Light Infantry Germantown Campaign
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 10:32:30 PM »
Very nice painting  :)

Offline 95th Division

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 12:41:52 AM »
Nice job!

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 12:52:23 PM »
they look very smart.
like your photo backdrop too.

Offline Gangleri

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 01:35:27 PM »
Very nice work, and a nice apple tree in the back too.  I think the bases look fine, especially for the  horse and cart.  One suggestion, though, is to cover up the white of the horse's eyes, which is normally visible only when the animal is frightened.
Now what is this whole life of mortals but a sort of comedy, in which the various actors, disguised by various costumes and masks, walk on and play each one his part, until the manager waves them off the stage?

http://stokefield.blogspot.com/

http://wellrallyonceagain.blogspot.com/

Offline SirGromit1879

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 06:40:32 PM »
Thank you very much guys =). Thank you for the tip about the horses eyes, he does look like he came from a cartoon lol. The tree is the only scenery item I have finished so will get used a lot in photos  :D