Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:49:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690916
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 657
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Issues with Black Tree Design - ongoing  (Read 42113 times)

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Re: Issues with Black Tree Design - ongoing
« Reply #240 on: January 31, 2022, 05:50:16 PM »
Here you go: link. I couldn't find the thread in question, but perhaps you remember where it was located.

Ha! Thank you! I wasn't aware that Andy had left it on Wayback!

8)

Offline Oldgamer

• Scientist
« Reply #241 on: February 01, 2022, 05:41:45 PM »
I placed an order on December 27th for some UNIT troops for a Dr Who game, they are still showing as 'unfulfilled' on the BTD website and l suspect that the will never be fulfilled!
I ordered a similar quantity of UNIT types from Crooked Dice last Sunday, l received an email telling me my order was complete the next day, they are more expensive but at least they will turn up, it is just a shame CD do not make anything resembling a Cyberman  :-[

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #242 on: February 01, 2022, 07:35:37 PM »
I placed an order on December 27th for some UNIT troops for a Dr Who game, they are still showing as 'unfulfilled' on the BTD website and l suspect that the will never be fulfilled!
I ordered a similar quantity of UNIT types from Crooked Dice last Sunday, l received an email telling me my order was complete the next day, they are more expensive but at least they will turn up, it is just a shame CD do not make anything resembling a Cyberman  :-[

*Cough Cough whistle whistle nudge nudge*

https://crooked-dice.co.uk/product/robo-minions/

https://crooked-dice.co.uk/product/robo-minion-heads/

;)

Got a whole bunch of them myself back in the day. It depends how close you need them to be, but the "bucket head" variant goes a long way IMHO. The parts are mix-and-match.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 07:39:03 PM by Westfalia Chris »

Offline Oldgamer

• Scientist
« Reply #243 on: February 01, 2022, 08:24:20 PM »
Thanks Chris, l will take a look  ;)

Offline Oldgamer

• Scientist
« Reply #244 on: February 08, 2022, 06:48:39 PM »
I got an shopping notification email today, my UNIT troops are on their way, l have just bought the rather nice Crooked Dice versions so will have plenty of cannon fodder for my daleks and cybermenmen !

Offline dhtandco

• Scientist
« Reply #245 on: March 27, 2022, 08:58:53 PM »
A warning to everyone, don't use this company me and a wargames friend have each been robbed of over £60 by this outfit.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Offline Dolnikan

• Librarian
    • Dolnikan Games
« Reply #246 on: March 28, 2022, 08:52:27 AM »
A warning to everyone, don't use this company me and a wargames friend have each been robbed of over £60 by this outfit.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

That's really bad. What happened?

Offline Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #247 on: March 28, 2022, 12:49:30 PM »
They've been shafting folk for donkey's years, you deal with this shower at your peril.

>:(
"Wot did you do in the war Grandad?"

"I was with Harry... At The Bridge!"

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #248 on: March 28, 2022, 01:06:01 PM »
Never trust a company that hasn't updated it's Social Media since 2019. Have they really got NOTHING to say, about anything?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2022, 11:02:27 AM by nicknorthstar »

Offline modelwarrior

• Scientist
    • themodelwarrior
« Reply #249 on: March 28, 2022, 01:28:46 PM »
Used them once,never again. >:(

Offline armchairgeneral

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #250 on: April 15, 2022, 08:44:30 PM »
Despite all the warnings, I ordered a couple of packs from Black Tree on 1st April. On 11th April I changed my mind and cancelled the order. I chased this up today for a refund and got it credited back soon after which I thought was pretty good. I replied with thanks mentioning the forum bad press but their swift response in my case had been much appreciated. They came back with:-

“I know there are lots of complaints on the forums, most of them are warranted. We were hit very hard by the Pandemic as were many companies. We are beginning to make headway on catching up but it is hard. We will keep soldering on :)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 08:46:02 PM by armchairgeneral »

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
« Reply #251 on: April 15, 2022, 09:02:05 PM »
Despite all the warnings, I ordered a couple of packs from Black Tree on 1st April. On 11th April I changed my mind and cancelled the order. I chased this up today for a refund and got it credited back soon after which I thought was pretty good. I replied with thanks mentioning the forum bad press but their swift response in my case had been much appreciated. They came back with:-

“I know there are lots of complaints on the forums, most of them are warranted. We were hit very hard by the Pandemic as were many companies. We are beginning to make headway on catching up but it is hard. We will keep soldering on :)

Yeah. what was the excuse before Covid? Spanish Flu? Ebola? It's not as if this wasn't an issue before March 2020.
Wargaming since the dark ages...

---https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/---

Offline Belgian

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Wargame News and Terrain
« Reply #252 on: April 15, 2022, 09:03:27 PM »

The pandemic might have made it even worse, but to blame it on the pandemic is a bit easy in this case. They have excellent miniatures and well-cast too but they just don't seem to handle their logistics well and this has been the case for years.
Wargame News and Terrain Blog, daily updated with the latest wargame news

Interested click https://wargameterrain.blogspot.com/

Offline Belgian

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Wargame News and Terrain
« Reply #253 on: April 15, 2022, 09:03:46 PM »
Yeah. what was the excuse before Covid? Spanish Flu? Ebola? It's not as if this wasn't an issue before March 2020.

This  lol

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #254 on: April 15, 2022, 10:24:21 PM »
Pandemic?  o_o

This thread alone started in 2018. Never mind 20 years of TMP complaints.