Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:26:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Issues with Black Tree Design - ongoing  (Read 40919 times)

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Issue with Black Tree Design !?
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2019, 11:05:32 AM »
I know John and his family, and I know how devastated they all will be about Dad. I'm sorry to hear it.

That said, it doesn't explain 15 years of failure to organise BlackT as a business, and where are the other two non-Olsen individuals in this. Why are they not stepping in to run things in John's hour of need?

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2019, 01:14:08 PM »
I'm also very sorry to hear about John's father, I lost my own last year so it's something i really feel for him about. But that doesn't address the core issues.

I have received part of my order (missing two packs) and the casting standard was very very poor. They also seem to have sent one incorrect pack, which is unusable in period for 1940 Germans, and I just don't know if I have the patience to wait another three months for the order to be corrected. 

Personally, I can't recall seeing such poorly cast figures in a long time, if ever.  And this is just the obvious flash, there are lumps attached to waterbottles etc.

Wargaming since the dark ages...

---https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/---

Offline Ironhead

• Bookworm
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2019, 02:19:34 PM »
Sadly, I have an order outstanding as well.  I've placed many orders in the past with near perfect delivery, even back in mid-January of 2019 (2 orders placed, both received in about a week).  Unfortunately my current outstanding order was place exactly a month later and all my emails were ignored until receiving the latest 'update' like everybody else.

Odd that I received 2 orders during the rough patch?!?

I'm not here to bash them.  I had worries about Hasslefree late last year when others suffered (I did not, both orders arrived without a hitch).  Things happen, and I hope my well overdo order comes shortly.  As for flash, my last 2 orders from BTD we spectacular.  I was worried due to the age of the molds, but they looked like they were from original/new molds!

The Germans shown in previous post may be from very old molds (those minis are probably 20+ years old?).  No excuse mind you, but I always expect old minis to be high in flash:-(

I hope we all get our stuff soon, but I'm not opposed to ordering from them again (unless this goes south again after email apology).

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2019, 05:04:59 AM »
Personally, I've ordered a few times from them in the US, and always got my order, eventually.  Definitely the longest wait times for mini-related stuff, aside from maybe Brother Vinni (who is on another continent and is an even smaller operation, all in resin).  Quality wise, my orders never had any problems with flash.  I will say, I ordered medieval and colonial stuff, which don't seem to be nearly as popular from them as their WW2 stuff.  I recall seeing a bit of chatter about new moulds in their email newsletters, wonder if the flashy (heh) figs are due to some slip ups with those?  Sad to hear about John's dad, and people's frustrations.  I hope things turn out better for everyone involved than they seem to be at the moment.

Offline fitterpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Maryland, U.S.A.
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2019, 02:03:31 AM »
Finally got my order today. After a email a day for a couple months, a few accusations of thievery, and threatening a paypal dispute. Still short 7 packs, out of 40. The casting is damn near perfect, all fantasy figures.

Offline SABOT

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • " Keep Loading !"
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2019, 07:23:43 PM »
They are taking a pounding on their Facebook page. Does show the extent of their poor business practice. I got my last order following a PayPal dispute but will not order again. The  photos above of recent casting are shocking.

Offline Ironhead

• Bookworm
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2019, 02:23:38 PM »
They are taking a pounding on their Facebook page. Does show the extent of their poor business practice. I got my last order following a PayPal dispute but will not order again. The  photos above of recent casting are shocking.

Yes, sadly I've taken to Facebook...and that's saying something because I hate/detest/avoid FB!  I hold out hope that I will receive the order this lifetime, would hate to have my kids be forced to paint them if I'm gone:-(  Anyway, I get the family issues, but the constant weekly sales AND the crowdfunding schemes really get my blood boiling with so many outstanding orders.

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2019, 02:26:07 PM »
It happeened some years ago but I can aggregate my own experiences with that company to the pile of shit heaping up around them. I stopped bying from  them.

Offline Ironhead

• Bookworm
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2019, 06:13:38 PM »
UPDATE

I received a personal email followed by a shipping email from John this week.  Parcel to be delivered tomorrow.  This brings my Feb. order and missing bits up to date.  This is my first issue with BTD (EOB Orbis) ever, so I honestly will give him another go in a few weeks once I feel he has worked through his backlog.

If anybody gets theirs soon, update here so I can try and monitor how well the backlog is gone through.

Offline JamesValentine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2019, 07:31:10 PM »
Had problems with them long ago.
People claimed I was lying and that they were gods gift to mankind.
Glad to see it has never just been me.

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2019, 09:59:05 PM »
I also received a personal email committing to making good and throwing in some extras to make up for it. That was a couple of weeks ago. I will believe it when it arrives. In the meantime, I managed to find an eBay seller with some BTD and also did some surgery on the inaccurate figures. Not great, but they will do.

It will be my last BTD order.

Offline cahrn

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Librarian
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2019, 03:13:16 AM »
I made one order with them about two or three years ago. As I recall I had my stuff within three weeks. A few of the miniatures I didn't end up using had broken parts, as if the mold had been damaged, but otherwise my lone order was successful and uneventful. In the end I may have been lucky as even before I ordered I had heard about all of the issues, which subsequently seem to have become more and more common. I don't think I would order from them again unless they do something to massively rehabilitate their image from a customer service standpoint.

Offline LCpl McDoom

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2019, 07:06:43 PM »
Here's one issue I can join in with too:

* Order placed in July 2017;
* Most of it arrives, but several packs missing;
* Compliment slip included in order for reference, promising a follow-up;
* Emailed to ask 'any news yet' just a few times; and,
* Just sent them another email reminder today (23/April/2019).

What do you think my chances are? Giddy with anticipation  ;)

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2019, 08:12:45 PM »
Here's one issue I can join in with too:

* Order placed in July 2017;
* Most of it arrives, but several packs missing;
* Compliment slip included in order for reference, promising a follow-up;
* Emailed to ask 'any news yet' just a few times; and,
* Just sent them another email reminder today (23/April/2019).

What do you think my chances are? Giddy with anticipation  ;)

Chances? Same as mine. In the Australian idiom 'Buckley's and none'  (Buckley being an ill-fated explorer).

Offline fitterpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Maryland, U.S.A.
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2019, 12:19:35 AM »
Still waiting for the balance of my December order. Meanwhile they are running their 3rd kickstarter of the year. Thieves