Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:38:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686616
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Issues with Black Tree Design - ongoing  (Read 40974 times)

Offline bong-67

• Librarian
Re: Issues with Black Tree Design - ongoing
« Reply #165 on: June 13, 2020, 10:46:15 PM »
I ordered three packs of Dwarf miners from Black Tree UK on the 25th of May and they came today.  The order took about 2 1/2 weeks which is similar to the time I've waited for orders from other companies lately.
The figures were very nice castings and I'm very happy with them.
Black Tree do seem to be very hit and miss but so far everything I've ordered from them has come in a reasonable time span so I've taken the risk of ordering more figures, this time four packs of orc crossbowmen.  I hope my luck holds but I've paid via Paypal so if they don't come in a month I'll open a dispute and get my money back.

Offline TripleBackflip

• Bookworm
« Reply #166 on: June 18, 2020, 03:28:09 PM »
My Daleks got here today, didn't actually take that long.

They're gonna need a metal file to fit in the bases but other than that and a few bent eyes, they're very pretty minis, I look forward to trying to paint them.

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #167 on: June 19, 2020, 03:58:20 PM »
UK or US?...

That’s something that it’s good to know… from which branch you order and from where you order… Looks like BTD US are “faster” on delivery, no?

Again, from which branch of BTD you order and from where you order would be useful to know to have a better "picture" of the replies, delivery time issues, etc.…
« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 04:00:50 PM by Calimero »
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline TripleBackflip

• Bookworm
« Reply #168 on: June 20, 2020, 08:06:21 AM »
I live in England and bought my Daleks from the uk branch, I'm guessing that Doctor Who stuff would be a big seller here, that might be why I waited less time.

Offline Quendil

• Mastermind
    • Quendil's World
« Reply #169 on: June 20, 2020, 08:43:58 AM »
My order was placed 12th April on the UK site and it turned up on the 30th May.  Which considering the situation is good going.

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #170 on: June 20, 2020, 10:45:03 AM »
2 orders placed in the UK in the last 6 weeks, on the UK site, no issues with either.

Last order placed 11th June, arrived 19th June - actually quicker than a couple of other well-known UK companies.

Minimal flash on the castings...my only minor gripe with the last order was that it was a soft-packaged parcel, so a few bent spears, but nothing serious.

Offline heinzknitz

• Schoolboy
« Reply #171 on: July 13, 2020, 07:47:22 PM »
Being located in Germany I placed my first and only order with BlackTree UK in September 2019 through their webshop. Nothing turned up yet.
More than a dozen emails claiming delivery written, two were answered by John requesting time to check this matter.
Now I am kicking myself for letting greed winning over reason because the sale deal was so irresistable. Silly me. :'(
I am trying to get a refund directly now as it is too late for raising an issue of complaint through paypal. The first time in my 30year wargaming career that an order went so completely wrong.  :-[

Offline commanderkaiser

• Bookworm
« Reply #172 on: July 13, 2020, 08:45:31 PM »
I've always been tempted to place an order but never followed through. I've always heard the stories of potentially astronomical wait times but never heard all these other horror stories.

Shame, I'm glad I've read through this thread though, can't see myself being tempted again.

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #173 on: October 20, 2020, 10:51:51 AM »
Well, about 5 months ago we ( again, after a couple of years ) bit the bullet and placed a small order ( about 100 UKP, 30 of it was mine ) and after that, total silence.  My bud asked at least 2 times of it's status but silence.
Today we've got a shipping note so we'll see if it's a complete order or only part of it.
My issue, I don't care having to wait 3-6 months or more ( some kickstarters can take up to 2 years... ) but please, guys, keep your comm lines open. Even if something's not in stock ( and we know, your stocks are low, if any at all ), just say so and say when you'll expect to be able to have it cast up of even if you have to make a new mold. We understand, we don't mind but please do communicate.
To be continued ...
"remember, remember,
the 20th of Octember,
the day BT sent out their stuff  ;)"
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 10:58:44 AM by Duncan McDane »
Leadhead

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #174 on: October 20, 2020, 11:13:31 AM »
Covid or not BT have such a long history of this, there have been disturbing rumblings since the heady days of The WAB Forum.

I simply won't order from them. Ever.

I have not been ripped off but their reputation speaks volumes.

If you payed for your stuff via Paypal, my advice is to put open a case if you have waited for more then a month.

Offline boneio

• Scientist
« Reply #175 on: October 20, 2020, 11:36:20 AM »
Similar story. Ordered months ago, just got a shipping note. Oddly enough, after escalating with PayPal. After opening the case I was told the shipment was arriving from the states at the end of September. Order should therefore have arrived around one week after that. Still not here, so escalated. A few days later, shipping notification. Could be coincidence. Could be that the poster above had their stuff arrive in the UK on the same boat or whatever.

My view is, and I know they bank on this, if I want the models I just have to play by their rules. It can't be a very relaxing way to run a business. I'd also accept communications even if the order takes ages to arrive. Its not complicated is it?

Anyway, no point worrying about it. They're nice figures and I'm usually pleased with the casting, just make sure if you order you're well aware it'll take forever and probably require you to escalate to PayPal.

Offline Baron von Wreckedoften

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #176 on: October 21, 2020, 12:26:32 PM »
As today is Trafalgar Day, perhaps we should re-dedicate the Royal Navy's famous toast:

"To the Immortal Memory - of the order we placed with Black Tree Design, some [insert number here] months ago!"
No plan survives first contact with the dice.

Offline SJWi

• Mastermind
« Reply #177 on: October 21, 2020, 02:43:39 PM »
I understand the concerns. However from recent personal experience shipping from/to the US and Canada has taken as long as 5 weeks and as short as 8 days.

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
« Reply #178 on: October 21, 2020, 03:24:51 PM »
As today is Trafalgar Day, perhaps we should re-dedicate the Royal Navy's famous toast:

"To the Immortal Memory - of the order we placed with Black Tree Design, some [insert number here] months ago!"

Or 'years'. Just my personal experience.
Wargaming since the dark ages...

---https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/---

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #179 on: October 21, 2020, 05:48:35 PM »
Hi Guys

It's unethical for me to speak bad of another miniature company, but they aren't a real company so maybe I should pile on  lol

In all seriousness, they are not a positive force in the hobby. And if people stop ordering from them, they may actually sell the range on to someone who gives a hoot about you , the hobby and the community. Every order you give them keeps the zombie staggering on.

(I wouldn't buy the range BTW, I wouldn't give the Edwards and Olsen my money)