Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:59:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686650
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 788
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Issues with Black Tree Design - ongoing  (Read 40977 times)

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Re: Issues with Black Tree Design - ongoing
« Reply #180 on: October 21, 2020, 09:03:54 PM »
Hi Guys

It's unethical for me to speak bad of another miniature company, but they aren't a real company so maybe I should pile on  lol

In all seriousness, they are not a positive force in the hobby. And if people stop ordering from them, they may actually sell the range on to someone who gives a hoot about you , the hobby and the community. Every order you give them keeps the zombie staggering on.

(I wouldn't buy the range BTW, I wouldn't give the Edwards and Olsen my money)

+1 and I'm 100% behind what Nick says. I'm amazed that people still put orders in with them; as (I think) it seems to have been an ongoing issue, certainly since the early 2000's!

Offline redstarnyc

• Student
« Reply #181 on: October 22, 2020, 11:54:31 AM »
Of course I read this after ordering something from BTD on eBay.  Oh well, at least I can leave negative feedback when the time comes.

Offline boneio

• Scientist
« Reply #182 on: October 22, 2020, 11:56:13 AM »
I don't think they sell on ebay? Not in the UK at least.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #183 on: October 22, 2020, 12:28:35 PM »
I ought to add, the fact that BT have refrained from making any commentary on this thread speaks for itself too.

I am making that statement under the assumption that they are aware of this complaints thread.

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #184 on: October 22, 2020, 09:06:44 PM »
I don't think they do Atheling.
It's a business basic just to keep your Facebook page upto date. A glance down their posts shows you this isn't a group of people who are engaging with their public.
I went on there because they were using painted Crusader Miniatures as their header photo. They did change it when I pointed this out to be fair.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #185 on: October 22, 2020, 09:58:00 PM »
I don't think they do Atheling.
It's a business basic just to keep your Facebook page upto date. A glance down their posts shows you this isn't a group of people who are engaging with their public.

Probably equally bad in terms of business.

I went on there because they were using painted Crusader Miniatures as their header photo. They did change it when I pointed this out to be fair.

Misleading too..... I really don't know what to add.

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #186 on: October 31, 2020, 01:36:51 PM »
Well, it turned up a couple of days ago. Everything was there, 1 broken spike from a mino's helmet ( not in the baggie ) and a mispack with the wraiths ( one model had been included twice at the expense of another which was missing ), we'll see how they follow up on this. But on the whole not dissatisfied with them, good castings, so far everything we've ordered has arrived sooner or - most of the time - later. Got no history/beef with them so yeah, if they'd only bothered to communicate it would help a lot.
Still have some gaps in the collection so we might order from them again ( yes, I know, we're asking for it  ;) ).
Edit: was wondering, Dean Edwards, is he still sculpting these days? Really like his style.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 01:38:48 PM by Duncan McDane »
Leadhead

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #187 on: October 31, 2020, 02:05:29 PM »
Dean Edwards can't sculpt Duncan. He just made everything Harlequin Miniatures (c) D Edwards. That way when he collapsed Harlequin owing money left, right and centre, he retained control of the miniatures to appear back as Icon Miniatures, run up debts, collapse, appear as Black Tree. You'll notice they aren't actually BlackT anymore, it's 'another' company that owns them. Another company run by Dean Edwards.

Which figures did you like, I'd probably remember the actual designer.

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #188 on: October 31, 2020, 04:58:53 PM »
Thanks for the explanation Nick. So it really was a even bigger mess as I already knew/have heard.
I knew with their historicals they used dollies so the same bodies can be found from late Romans to early Crusades ( you really have to check if there are out of period details especially on later models ).
 I'm especially fond of the Lotr characters and the Wraiths I recently received.
The Kev Adams models I recognize of course ( as a long time fan from both Orcs and him ) and some of the earlier models are clearly Kev Whites ( also a reason I still keep on buying Harlequin/Black Tree ) but said Wraiths and Lots Characters I cannot place.

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #189 on: October 31, 2020, 05:18:43 PM »
Paul Muller and Mark Sims made the LotR characters.

I could tell you all about the dollies, but I'll save it for another day.

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #190 on: November 05, 2020, 02:19:11 AM »
Thanks Nick. So no unknown sculptors and both still active, good to know. Yeah, the dollies, I remember they did stretch that up a bit too...

Offline dhtandco

• Scientist
« Reply #191 on: November 06, 2020, 07:29:23 PM »
Ordered some Saxon Cavalry early May and like Dianna Ross I’m still waiting :-[

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
« Reply #192 on: November 06, 2020, 07:46:11 PM »
Should have checked this thread... seriously,  order from BTD and it could be years, if ever.
Wargaming since the dark ages...

---https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/---

Offline pws

• Scientist
    • Pippoweb hobby blog
Blacktree - Eoeorbis order
« Reply #193 on: January 23, 2021, 09:37:25 AM »
Maybe I missed something but I placed an order to Blacktree/Eoeorbis UK website  nov 11th 2020 and it's still "unfulfilled".

I tried to contact with all the emails I found on their websites (US and UK) since december but I got no answer at all.

Are they still in business?
Will I ever see my order shipped?
Should I consider to open a refund action?

Cheers
Per aspera ad astra
pippoweb.blogspot.it

Online matakishi

• The Teacher
  • Galactic Brain
  • Cousin of Hammers
    • Matakishi's Tea House
Re: Blacktree - Eoeorbis order
« Reply #194 on: January 23, 2021, 09:41:54 AM »
I ordered something in January and it arrived in a week or so. I was dubious about placing the order though and will never put in a large order with them again after previous experiences.
I'm afraid it's really hit or miss with them and you seem to have got a miss. Condolences but no solution, sorry.