Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:27:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Grey Knights {WIP} December 8 '23 {3D print}  (Read 10122 times)

Offline eMills

• Scientist
Re: {Kill Team} Grey Knights
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2019, 10:38:35 PM »
So, I haven't had any time to do physical hobby work, since my wife was back in the hospital for a bit and work has ramped up. I have, however, had plenty of spare time for 3D modelling since I can take my tablet anywhere pretty much.

Ganger:

Inspired by this piece of JB's artwork:

I imagine he is a former Goliath ganger turned Bounty Hunter. Or perhaps he is a member of a Venator gang.

Not looking to be 100% accurate to the art, but to make a piece inspired by it that fits into the modern N17 aesthetic. Still very early WIP.

I would love to have some ideas on what to do for his off hand. I was thinking of making it some sort of gauntlet that could serve as a power weapon or power fist. Thoughts?

Arbites:

Going to try to mix and update the original Confrontation Arbites and Necromunda Arbites. Very early WIP.

One of my all time favorite game systems is Supersystem and I have used the supers from that game as creative exercise material. Redesigns and updates to the original figures, but trying where possible to include some aspect of the original.

Artemis:

I'm thinking that some of the Supers of the world are actually Avatars of various Gods running around once more.  I've tried to incorporate some of the historical symbols of Artemis. Currently shown is the belt with the phases of the moon.  I want to incorporate a stag somehow too.

Original Figure:

Perun:

As with Artemis, so with Perun. I tried to make the costume a bit more medieval Rus (but only a bit). Oak leaves shown here, and a few other symbols to come.

Original Figure:

The Siberian:

Leader of The Red Patriot movement and fan of 80's era USSR.  I'm trying for a pseudo Spetznaz look for him.

Original Figure:

Bertha Bestraufung from Mordheim:

I want to add a touch of AoS to her and her Sisters.

And last for now, the Cavalier:

Like many here I was an huge fan of the D&D cartoon when I was young. This is my idea what an older more experienced Eric might look like.

That's it for now. Thanks everyone for stopping by.

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: {Kill Team} Grey Knights {WIP} 3D Sculpts
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2019, 02:44:03 AM »
Really liking these alot.
Especially Bertha. Need to get her into release.

Grimm

Offline eMills

• Scientist
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2019, 05:21:21 AM »
@Grimmnar: Thanks. Not sure how I could go about putting Bertha out without getting the attention of GW. I'll have to think about that a bit.

Update on the Ganger:

That's it for now. Thanks everyone for stopping by.

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2019, 02:33:49 AM »
@Grimmnar: Thanks. Not sure how I could go about putting Bertha out without getting the attention of GW. I'll have to think about that a bit.
Well, as it obvious to see the inspiration of the model she is far from what GW has released. For one, your model is wearing armor head to toe.
No assless chaps for example.

Grimm

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2019, 05:25:38 AM »
That ganger looks ace, well done man!!
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline eMills

• Scientist
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2019, 12:33:08 AM »
Well, as it obvious to see the inspiration of the model she is far from what GW has released. For one, your model is wearing armor head to toe.
No assless chaps for example.

Grimm
I'll look into putting her up on Thingiverse or Shapeways. I'll let you know if I do.

That ganger looks ace, well done man!!
Thank you Dr M, much appreciated.

Speaking of the ganger:

Almost done. Still need to figure out the close combat weapon on his right hand. Some little details left to do as well.

Started working on some bits to use on my Grey Knight killteam:

Looking forward to printing these out and sticking them on to see how they look. Lots left to do on all of these bits.

Thanks everyone for stopping by.

Offline eMills

• Scientist
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2019, 07:01:22 PM »
Worked a bit more on the GK bits:

And I started work on an idea that I have had for sometime. I even started on a physical conversion for this at one point, but that stalled awhile ago. Anyway, this is an idea of how Sigvald the Magnificent might look if he were resurrected into the AoS setting:

I am trying to take his classic look, merge a bit of the greek(ish) Slaanesh look, and add a touch of the look of Stormcast Eternals. I figure Slaanesh would get a kick out of one of his/her champions being mistaken for one of Sigmar's golden horde.

Not sure about the helmet. Might do a mask to make him that much more Stormcast-like. Also considering bare headed like the original.

Edit: Maybe this thread should be moved to the Workbench section since I am mixing genres quite a bit. Mods?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 07:05:22 PM by eMills »

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2019, 08:27:18 PM »
Cool sculpts!  :o
"No human being would stack books like -that-!" -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline eMills

• Scientist
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2019, 05:15:02 PM »
Started a new thread in the Workbench section for stuff that isn't strictly the SciFi/Future Wars genre.

New thread located here.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 09:29:35 PM by eMills »

Offline eMills

• Scientist
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2021, 09:43:45 PM »
So since I now have some physical stuff to post that relates to the original purpose of this thread, I thought I would enact some threadomancy.

Ecstatic with how well the torso printed.  Type is crisp and clear.

This torso and tassets are in what I consider their 100% finished form.  Very happy with them.

Torso comparison shot.  Old sculpt-New sculpt-GK Terminator-Primaris Intercessor.  Angle makes it a little hard to see.  They are pretty much the same bulk as the Terminator torso, and just a little bulkier than the Intercessor one.

Head details were re-worked to make the prints sharper and more defined.

GW-Print__Print-GW-Print__Print-GW-Print.

Everything looks good on the prints.  Detail is distinct and should paint up well.  I might have to reduce the size of the helmets just a bit.  I need to dig out a Primaris helmet and compare to it first.

Here are some shots of the 3D from inside zBrush:

C&C welcome.  Thanks everyone for stopping by.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
Re: {Kill Team} Grey Knights {WIP} 4/8 3D prints
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2021, 10:29:50 PM »
Good to see this project underway again.
I still want one of the masked Ganger figures if you ever get him done, I have liked him since you first showed his concept on the other thread.

Offline eMills

• Scientist
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2021, 02:01:15 AM »
Good to see this project underway again.
I still want one of the masked Ganger figures if you ever get him done, I have liked him since you first showed his concept on the other thread.

Thanks robh.  Really looking forward to getting all the parts finished and getting some paint on the Knights.

I need to re-work parts of that ganger now that I have made more prints and learned more about what works or doesn't.  Once I have a workable file, I'll be sure to let you know.

Offline eMills

• Scientist
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2021, 02:37:22 AM »
More sculpt work done on the Grey Knight bits:

Modified the Justicar torso to add the laurel wreath.  Added another basic torso.  I'll make a couple more of those so that I have 5 varieties or so.

Couple modifications to the old helmets, and added a new type.  As with the torsos, I'll make another few variants.

Weapon ideas.  Will develop a couple more versions of the halberd and the 2H sword.  Then a few variations of hammer and 1H sword.

Also decided to develop parts to make a version of Castellan Crowe:

Test prints soon, hopefully.

Offline eMills

• Scientist
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2021, 11:55:55 PM »
Haven't had a chance to do prints yet, but I did finish some more parts:

Final Head and Helmet sculpts.

Final torso variations.

Offline eMills

• Scientist
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2023, 12:53:30 AM »
So, I am trying to avoid posting unless I have something physical to show instead of only digital stuff.

To that end, I decided to completely sculpt the Grey Knights figures that I started making conversion pieces for.  Sculpting the whole figure is in some ways easier, and in some ways more difficult.  But it does let me control the entire design.

There were some proportion and sizing issues that need to be reworked, but I wanted to slap some paint on it anyway.  The design is pretty well final.

Pictures are kinda blown out, but it is all I have time for right now, sorry.