Forum > Colonial Adventures

Russian Conquest of Central Asia 1860's-1880's

(1/59) > >>

marco55:
Just got the book "Russia's Protectorates in Central Asia"and was wondering if anybody collects Askari Miniatures Russian figures and what do you think of them?
Mark

Will Bailie:
Hello, Marco

There's some helpful info in this thread from (wow...) 9 years ago!  http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=13942.15

I have Russians for Central Asia from Askari, Outpost and Eureka Miniatures, photos in the thread above.  (Eureka and Outpost are re-purposed Russo-Turkish War (1877-1878 version) figures.  In my opinion, the Eureka figures are the prettiest; Askari are a bit rough around the edges.  However Askari provides artillery and cavalry as well as infantry.

chicklewis:
I really like my Askari Central Asian Russian figures.  I painted them up quite a few years ago, and they look well once painted. 

I painted their red pants a little bit too 'pink' and want to repaint those pants a darker red, but never seem to get around to it. 

Romark:
I use Perry Minis ACW for my "what if" campaigns,not for the purists though , but may be worth considering?

marco55:
They look damn good.Did you sculpt the blouses a little bit?
Mark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version