Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 10:14:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689344
  • Total Topics: 118275
  • Online Today: 648
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Daniel36 Chronicles - A Tale of Fantasy Adventures  (Read 6709 times)

Offline Daniel36

• Mad Scientist
Re: The Daniel36 Chronicles - A Tale of Fantasy Adventures
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2018, 07:18:38 AM »
Thank you! There is more to come. I am trying to spread out posting all of the pics I have so far, so it gives me some time to take new pics too. Some of these pictures are several years old, but they were lost in the Great Photobucket Betrayal.   

To round out my Mordheim Model Collection (or at least, what I took pics of, not sure if I have any more)

Some Zombies! Because every game needs Zombies!!

Probably the most expensive zombie in the history of miniature zombies. But he looks cool!!

Possibly the cheapest zombie in the history of miniature zombies. But it looks cool as well!

I LOATHE the GW Zombies, and they had some serious balls when they repackaged it AGAIN for Age of Sigmar, but whatever... I gave them my best, and at least they sort of fit the Mordheim aesthetic.

The hands... serioulsy GW, shame on you!

At least you could go nuts on the eyes.

No comment

Well, what else was I gonna do with those tombstones?

Too much detail for a zombie...

I quite like how the blunt trauma to the skull worked out on this guy, so here is a better view

I had a Talabecland phase...

And thus concludes the zombie infestation, at least for Mordheim.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 07:30:56 AM by Daniel36 »

Offline Daniel36

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2018, 09:29:08 AM »
Now that I have shown all of my Mordheim models, it is time for my a couple of scenery shots.

A Temple of Sigmar

While the outside is kind of boring, I am quite proud of the floor plan on the inside

Some cute details

At one point, I was going to build a modular Mordheim city on 20 cm by 20 cm MDF pieces. This here was one of those pieces. I ended up abandoning it because 20 by 20 was too small. I am reconsidering my approach now that I have some more experience in building under my belt. I think the fountain is from Thomarillion, but I am not certain.

A Ziterdes ruin. I have no regrets buying so much Ziterdes. It is a shame they abandoned many of their older products, as they were awesome!!

Such as these amazing city walls. They made new ones but they are just not as pretty. My only regret is not buying the ruined "end" pieces. I might make my own soon so my walls don't suddenly "stop".

Oh yeah, these are my Wyrdstone counters. They were silver Christmas decoration pebbles inked with green. Super simple!!

Next time I will show some in-game Mordheim pics of my favourite moments! :)

Offline Daniel36

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2018, 01:15:16 PM »
And now, my favourite part of the hobby. Taking atmospheric pictures of our battles to forever make us remember the awesome things the post-battle sequences let befall upon our hapless adventurers.

Marienburg, reporting for duty. This picture is really, really old. The scenery in this picture doesn't belong to me. We had fun times in these parts of Mordheim.

My Witch Hunters, furiously defending their location. Now, most of the scenery in the following batch of pictures does belong to me.

My leader was, at one point, captured and sent to fight in a gladiator battle. I think he won, but he did lose all of his belongings.

All seemed quiet, but death was about to rain upon the Shrine of Sigmar.

Though belonging to the same faith, the Witch Hunters branded the Sisters of Sigmar heretics, and thus had to be eliminated.

Not even the table was safe.

Wishing to suffer no more casualties, the Sisters had to run.

Nearby ruins become infested by the Undead.

But a gang of Pirates would have none of that. Little did they know they would face off against one of the most bloodthirsty vampires to walk the ruins of Mordheim.

Fortunately for Norton the Pirate Dwarf, he was somewhere else.

More Witch Hunters

From Dusk till Dawn

Snipers!

This was an awesome 5 player battle, where a dragon was central for the scenario. These guys, snipering from up high, managed to kill the dragon before he even had a chance to do anything. They then proceeded to snipe basically everyone. Awesome battle though.

Another moment to never forget. My Priest was taken out of action because of a Spawn that entered the field right behind me. When rolling for injuries, he ended up dead, naturally meaning the Spawn ate the Priest whole.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 01:25:21 PM by Daniel36 »

Offline Ethelred the Almost Ready

• Mastermind
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2018, 05:18:32 PM »
Some beautiful (and gruesome) figures there. 

Offline Anselm van Helsing

• Scientist
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2018, 04:10:13 PM »
Let there be zombies!

My favourite is the Empire General gnawing on intestines and soaked in blood. Sic transit gloria mundi.

Offline Spooktalker

• Mad Scientist
    • Warlock of Lead Mountain
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2018, 11:21:02 PM »
Great figures and terrain with grit and grime.

Offline Daniel36

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2018, 10:55:33 AM »
Thank you very much for your kind words.

I made a Frostgrave ruin.

This here is how I built a standard scenery piece. It was a test piece, but I think it turned out well.

I started with a basic outline of the floor. It was going to be raised a bit.

Next I made the outlines for the walls. Now, I don't like foamcore for stone ruins, but this was going to be the middle part of three pieces, the other two were going to be of the handy foam I also used in my dungeon build.

As you can see here. One thing I ALWAYS dislike about otherwise good looking commercial ruined buildings is that they are too thin. I wanted my walls to actually look like thick walls. These are roughly 1,5 cm thick this way.

It also makes it easy to "dryfit" your scenery as it won't fall over, plus the foamcore... core... makes it very sturdy.

Looks about right for a standard piece of scenery.

Time to draw in the wall. This stuff is perfect for it, as it doesn't damage very quickly but is still easy to apply effects to. An aluminium ball will give me the rocky texture I want.

In hindsight, I could've made the lines a bit more straight, as up close it looks kind of fake, but hey, it was a test piece so there you have it, lesson learned.

It is starting to take shape. Sure, the edges are a bit wonky, but whatever...

At first I was going to cut out the middle and replace it with the grey stuff, but it turned out removing the paper would give me what I was after as well. It ended up looking good enough.

Almost there!

Here you can see how I used additional pieces of foamcore to raise the building up and also give the illusion of snow building up against the sides.

Some bark pieces for exposed rock pieces, lots of PVA glue and simple sand. This part took a while.

Dirt cheap, simple black and white acrylic paint for the ruins, and just the white paint for the snow. It cost nothing and it looks absolutely fantastic, if I may say so myself.

My only gripe right now is that the snow doesn't go high enough against the walls, so I need a solution for that which won't require 400 layers of PVA glue.

Thanks for watching!