Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:49:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690590
  • Total Topics: 118339
  • Online Today: 840
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 735
Total: 740

Recent

Author Topic: Upcoming French & Indian War Range from Special Artizan Service Miniatures  (Read 6005 times)

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Special Artizan Service Miniatures, to date mostly a company covering modern figures (with a bit of WWII and other ranges here and there), have announced a Seven Years war range, the first of future releases going up for Pre-Order recently.

The intent behind this line is to release further sets if there's interest. With the models being sculpted by Igor Karpov (of Lead Adventure, and more recently SASM). Currently the first models, Roger's Rangers, are attempting to be funded on the site. The set consists of 11 models for $30.

The goal is to reach $2000 in Pre-Orders to judge if there's a possible market for the range, and SASM's looking for more to back this project. This isn't the first of these campaigns the company's held, with most being successful and the turnaround for shipping usually being a few months at the most. This period ends on the 11th of November, so if you're interested in the period maybe chuck them a few bucks.

https://www.kingshobbiesandgames.com/28mm-Timstarter-Rogers-Rangers-p/28mtirr.htm

More details are available on the SASM Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/535609166648160/

Offline abu iskander

• Mad Scientist
Re: Upcoming French & Indian War Range from Special Artizan Service Miniatures
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 07:58:54 PM »
Look great and I am definitely interested. I really like the Bruegelburg sculpts so expect these are similarly dynamic and characterful.

How do these scale with Galloping Major, etc.?

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 09:49:48 PM »
I don't have experience with the range personally, rather I follow the company's 28mm modern ranges and seen that they're now doing another period. However, they're scaled as per the sculptor's other more modern work. Which is to say that they aren't as chunky as his older Lead Adventure Miniatures ranges, instead having more realistic proportions.

Looking at how Galloping Major scales against other companies which I do have models for they seem fairly close. They're neither too small (25mm) or too tall (32mm) as far as the range that "28mm" can be. ...Ah, though again being that I deal with Modern and WWII figures mostly, giving you a direct scale comparison may be difficult (I have scale shots of the same company's moderns with other modern figures, but I'm not sure if you'll have a frame of reference for those).

Spectre Miniatures / 30mm American / Eureka Miniatures / 30mm American / Empress Miniatures/ ***SASM***

Empress / ***SASM*** / Wargames Factory/ 30mm Russian / ***SASM***  / Eureka Miniatures

Offline Sir_Theo

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2018, 10:28:15 PM »
These look great.

To be fair for a fairly small conflict there seems to be a wealth of lovely 28mm minis for the FIW.  Spoilt for choice.

Offline BillK

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2018, 11:39:24 PM »
They look really nice.

Thank goodness they're in cold weather clothing and won't fit in with my warm weather figures... otherwise I'd likely have to buy some.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2018, 11:50:47 AM »
They look really nice.

Thank goodness they're in cold weather clothing and won't fit in with my warm weather figures... otherwise I'd likely have to buy some.

I suppose that's the main reason why SASM are making this line in the first place. To set them apart from what most folks are currently collecting. At least based on what I've seen at my club and at shows.

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2018, 04:33:19 PM »
Thank goodness they are in winter clothing so there’s a reason to buy them considering there are 5 other manufacturers who all do “warm weather” Rangers!  :D

Now we just need some similarly attired opponents...

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2018, 01:07:55 AM »
I wish they would just release the Vietnamese they tried to KS.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2018, 02:49:52 AM »
I wish they would just release the Vietnamese they tried to KS.

You never know what might come along...

Offline bluewillow

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Bluewillow- Matthew Williamson
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2018, 09:11:23 PM »
Very nice sculpts

Cheers
Matt

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2018, 08:57:30 PM »
And this is now 15 more Pre-Orders away from being funded. So chuck the project some cash if you want to see more sculpts coming out of Igor.

...Otherwise he'll continue to make more moderns. Ah, which I can't personally object to either. ;)

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2018, 04:20:29 PM »
Today is the last chance to Pre-Order these at their lower price. Currently they're still Three orders away from funding the project, so if you're into a Seven Year War project from Igor Karpov, throw SASM some cash. :)

Offline marco55

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2018, 04:12:43 PM »
I didn't see this when I put my thread up so sorry for that.My question is that he didn't have enough sponsors (I saw 15 short on FB) what happens now? Does He make the Rangers but nothing else? He probably should have done indians first as everybody loves the indians.
Mark

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2018, 09:42:28 PM »
I'd imagine that this set would go up for sale, as people have already given money to the company for them. Though instead of seeing a future range in the short term the sculptor will be put onto other projects (like their Vietnam range). The owner's into the period however, so it may just mean a larger Seven Years War project isn't marked as a priority, but would still be coming eventually.

Edit: Quote SASM

"The project is moving forward and I was asked to keep them in the store for a couple more day"
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 09:49:38 PM by Wyrmalla »

Offline marco55

• Mastermind
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2019, 03:25:58 AM »
Any updates?
Mark