Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:09:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Warlords of Erehwon, Warlords new fantasy game.  (Read 58518 times)

Offline Kitsune

• Mad Scientist
    • Mosquito on the Tenth Floor
Re: Warlords of Erehwon, Warlords new fantasy game.
« Reply #105 on: December 20, 2018, 09:16:19 AM »
Those lists shown are very basic IMO and don't really cover all the GW Age of Sigmar forces at this point, unless they are VERY open definitions of armies...

So going to see when there are more details around this and not get excited at this point.

TBH, why would they feel the need to cover all of the Age of Sigmar stuff for their own release? I doubt it really feeds into their thought process. Mantic is more likely to be the ones for trying a complete port!

This is just a plain rulebook toolbox rules set for the bolt action engine being used in fantasy gaming. Think people are putting too much of their own expectation onto it and setting themselves up for disappointment

Offline jetengine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #106 on: December 20, 2018, 11:39:43 AM »
The idea is for the basic fantasy stuff, not to particularly replace any game range.

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #107 on: December 20, 2018, 11:45:01 AM »
It'd be cool if Warlord showed off some sample lists or maybe covered warband selection in a bit of detail prior to the release as I am tempted to put a little force together as a project for Jan.
My current project...Classic Wargame - An experiment in 24" of wargaming!

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=140633.new#new

Offline Kitsune

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #108 on: December 20, 2018, 12:17:05 PM »
It'd be cool if Warlord showed off some sample lists or maybe covered warband selection in a bit of detail prior to the release as I am tempted to put a little force together as a project for Jan.

They will in time. It’s not out yet!

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #109 on: December 20, 2018, 12:48:16 PM »
I know I was just hoping they'd show a bit more before the rulebook is released.

Offline Kitsune

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #110 on: December 20, 2018, 01:19:43 PM »
I know I was just hoping they'd show a bit more before the rulebook is released.

They must likely will after the Xmas period and in the weeks running up

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #111 on: December 20, 2018, 01:51:48 PM »
Got me fingers crossed :D

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #112 on: December 20, 2018, 06:06:05 PM »
Well, I still want both Orcs and Skellies from WGF so I guess an extra rulebook doesn't hurt much, does it? Worst case scenario is it's never going to leave the shelves  :D
Leadhead

Offline Mac V

• Bookworm
« Reply #113 on: December 20, 2018, 07:25:01 PM »
They’re still launching Cruel Seas. Guessing we’ll here more after XMas.

I think the one book release is right, but I’m hoping enough books sell that they reconsider....

Offline Kitsune

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #114 on: December 21, 2018, 01:02:31 PM »
They’re still launching Cruel Seas. Guessing we’ll here more after XMas.

I think the one book release is right, but I’m hoping enough books sell that they reconsider....

Agree. If they sell enough to make it worth the effort, they’ll probably add in stuff in supplement books like the have with Antares.

Ideally - and this is pure “I want” theatre books like the ones for Bolt Action would be tasty, putting scenarios, setting and environment for different areas, plus some lists or specific stuff. That’s nothing I couldn’t homebrew myself, mind, I’m just being lazy :)

Online Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #115 on: December 21, 2018, 01:22:48 PM »
Ideally - and this is pure “I want” theatre books like the ones for Bolt Action would be tasty, putting scenarios, setting and environment for different areas, plus some lists or specific stuff. That’s nothing I couldn’t homebrew myself, mind, I’m just being lazy :)

If I was trying to think of interesting scenarios, I'd be tempted to start with computer games and such. I still play Panzer Corps (the slightly more polished version of the classic Panzer General) and a good few of the battles on there have a really well thought out narrative, and have the advantage of all the relative sizes, strengths and positions of the units already done for you!
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline Mac V

• Bookworm
« Reply #116 on: December 21, 2018, 01:52:13 PM »
Agree. If they sell enough to make it worth the effort, they’ll probably add in stuff in supplement books like the have with Antares.

Exactly what I’m hoping for. Oh, and I’m hoping it goes so big the Perry’s hump back into Fantasy. 😆

Offline Kitsune

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #117 on: December 21, 2018, 02:23:23 PM »
If I was trying to think of interesting scenarios, I'd be tempted to start with computer games and such. I still play Panzer Corps (the slightly more polished version of the classic Panzer General) and a good few of the battles on there have a really well thought out narrative, and have the advantage of all the relative sizes, strengths and positions of the units already done for you!

Well, for me when theatre scenarios come in, they are more “it’s furiously freezing, it’s a death snow . storm out there. There’s bastard horrible things shuffling around the woods. What you gonna do about getting a crew out to gather food??” for a snow set theatre, over the orders of battle style scenario - but I expect that may not be the usual fayre.

Suppose I prefer the setting over the details - a good rich environment is enough to get some gaming ideas for the table.

Offline Mac V

• Bookworm
« Reply #118 on: December 21, 2018, 02:43:12 PM »
Great ideas!

I loved what Warhammer did with the random terrain hazards and such...

I like the battle scrolls part of Age of Sigmar as well. Great idea.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 03:19:15 PM by Mac V »

Offline craigjwoodfield

• Librarian
« Reply #119 on: December 21, 2018, 08:39:16 PM »
My biggest concern is not the rules as such, but that the release will be fubar-ed as per Cruel Seas, and the rule book will be riddled with errors.