Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:07:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Warlords of Erehwon, Warlords new fantasy game.  (Read 58545 times)

Online Lost Egg

• Mastermind
Re: Warlords of Erehwon, Warlords new fantasy game.
« Reply #135 on: January 06, 2019, 08:04:23 AM »
Now the Gnolls...

The Gnolls ...
They are stout brutes, but that everyone knew.

The base gnoll warrior has a resistance of 7, the equivalent of a human with medium armor!

Their impressive physique allows them to offer strong troops without equipment, which is a good thing because they do not have much. Warriors have only light armor as their only option.

They have robust mages with the same resistance of 7 and an interesting array of units such as scouts and trackers, but have no cavalry. However, do not imagine that they will be slow on the battlefield because they still have 2 units with rapid sprint and a chariot. Their real weakness lies in their poor long-range ability.

Another snippet of info...

I'm starting to wonder, how much lore and fluff is there for Erewhon? Does the rulebook tell the history of the world, does it give descriptions of the races and factions, or list the alliances/enemies between all of them? I know this game is meant to be friendly to interpretation and player input, but all the armies so far have some pretty nice character to them. I'm fascinated. ...You should be, it is totally open, each race is designed for what we would generally see of them, but beyond that... everything depends on you.
My current project...Classic Wargame - An experiment in 24" of wargaming!

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=140633.new#new

Online Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #136 on: January 06, 2019, 09:45:47 PM »
Goblins this evening...

Goblins now!

These nice little faries with the perfumes of sweet flowers and refined intelect.

They have one of the cheapest leaders, probably due to all the qualities mentioned above.

The Goblin Warrior is not very impressive and not very well equipped, however you will be very impressed by the amount of friends he has brought with him. It's easy when they smell like nice flowers.

They have goblins Whirling dervishes, I'll let you guess what it is, cavalry on wolf's back, carts pulled by wolves, a unit of swarms, trolls and 2 war machines. That's not all there is, but I can't give it all in one go ;)

Have asked if Orcs and Goblins can ally...I assume they can...

Online Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #137 on: January 07, 2019, 07:51:42 AM »
So Orcs & Goblins...

...alliance is more a matter of setting, which is not included in the book.

Basically then, as long as the setting says its ok, go for it!

Halflings today...

The Halflings, Rick cooked us a nice list.

They are excellent cooks, but not really fighters.

However, if you ransacked one of their garden, you will have to deal with the whole village.

The halflings are all excellent shooter and they all have access to shooting weapons. However, melee capacity is very lacking and they have very little solution for that.

Do not underestimate them, because you will be riddled with arrows before having the opportunity to split their skulls.

They have access to a "chariot", the least expensive wizard, slightly equipped "troops", a poorly equipped militia, fearsome archers, motivated children, a "mounted" unit and two war machines.

If you play Halfling, you will dominate the enemy in numbers and stealth.

Online Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #138 on: January 07, 2019, 01:19:21 PM »
...Knights now...

The Knights

The typical medieval army!

Knights, peasants and religious fanatics.

If you want to command a great cavalry of noble knights, this is for you!

If you want to lead a hordes of peasants galvanized in battle by a priest, this is also for you.

You have all; the valiant knights in heavy armor on horseback or on foot, men-at-arms, archers, crossbowmen, flagellants and even peasants!
This list contains 16 entries in total, you can even use it to represent a mercenary force.

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #139 on: January 07, 2019, 01:34:59 PM »
The Halflings, Rick cooked us a nice list.

They are excellent cooks, but not really fighters.

However, if you ransacked one of their garden, you will have to deal with the whole village.

The halflings are all excellent shooter and they all have access to shooting weapons. However, melee capacity is very lacking and they have very little solution for that.

Do not underestimate them, because you will be riddled with arrows before having the opportunity to split their skulls.

They have access to a "chariot", the least expensive wizard, slightly equipped "troops", a poorly equipped militia, fearsome archers, motivated children, a "mounted" unit and two war machines.

If you play Halfling, you will dominate the enemy in numbers and stealth.

Who is writing these? And how do they get posted with so many errors?

Online Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #140 on: January 07, 2019, 01:38:56 PM »
:D Yeah I know what you mean...I have been resisting the urger to correct them. I just hope its not the same person who proof-read the book...

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #141 on: January 07, 2019, 06:07:15 PM »
Who is writing these? And how do they get posted with so many errors?
:D Yeah I know what you mean...I have been resisting the urger to correct them. I just hope its not the same person who proof-read the book...
Maybe the same person who proofread Project Z?

Online Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #142 on: January 07, 2019, 06:12:34 PM »
...was that bad to then?

It is a shame how often simple mistakes get missed in rulebooks, how often proof-reading is ignored or only given the slightest consideration.

Offline Kitsune

• Mad Scientist
    • Mosquito on the Tenth Floor
« Reply #143 on: January 07, 2019, 08:02:36 PM »
It’s just someone on the fan page posting on Facebook. RP chips in with some follow up comments. I highly doubt it’s one of the design team, just an office junior.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #144 on: January 07, 2019, 08:27:43 PM »
lol, I just clicked to the name Erehwon - nowherE
Sounds like that are trying to make it really generic then.

Online Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #145 on: January 08, 2019, 07:40:12 AM »
Spotted another little snippet, this time on warband building...

One leader is necessary no more no less. There's a few units that you can take only once in your force (like the wizards and some elite) the rest is up to you.

Sounds pretty flexible which is cool.

Offline boneio

• Scientist
« Reply #146 on: January 08, 2019, 01:37:45 PM »
I figured the person posting the Facebook snippets is not a native English speaker, by the grammar used. I expect (and hope!) the book will be properly proofed.

Offline Munindk

• Mad Scientist
  • Denmark
« Reply #147 on: January 08, 2019, 02:32:27 PM »
War10rd5 0f 3r3hw0n! - wargames rules for the internet generation.

Spelling aside it think its looking interesting and definitely worth picking up.

Online Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #148 on: January 09, 2019, 06:40:45 AM »
Here be the Olympians...

The Olympians

If you want to line up some hoplite regiments supported by chariots and lead by a great general, you have a good choice here. With this list, you will also have the opportunity to deploy Amazon archers, centaurs and harpies.

The hoplite is a comparatively ordinary warrior from the point of view of his statistics, and he hardly stands out with his medium armor and long spear.

What makes it a remarkable elite piece are the rules divine intervention and shield wall. One gives him an important defense against shooting and melee and the other gives him the ability to steal your opponent's order dice. These two rules combined make the hoplites incredibly strong and scary on the battlefield.

They do not have a siege engine like almost any other army, but it's nothing you cannot remedy by joining a monster to your forces.

The Crocodile Amazons would work really well for this.

Plus this snippet on monsters...

Sorry no medusa, only a cockatrice and a basilisk with the BALEFUL GLARE special rule.

Offline aktr

• Librarian
« Reply #149 on: January 09, 2019, 08:56:54 AM »
I've also found out the following about Olympians

They don't get an cavalry  :'( but they do get peltasts