Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:40:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Warlords of Erehwon, Warlords new fantasy game.  (Read 58533 times)

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
Re: Warlords of Erehwon, Warlords new fantasy game.
« Reply #165 on: January 10, 2019, 09:39:32 PM »
Now the Restless Dead...

The cheapest commander is the necromancer, but he is still more expensive than most commanders of other armies. His cost is mainly due to the fact that he is a wizard in addition to being a commander. He may therefore have a retenu of guards and evil spirits. You also have the opportunity to take a lich that is even more powerful than the necromancer and even a specter, who is as much a melee monster as a powerful wizard.

All units have access to the spectral undead rule that allows you to really change the theme of your army and their capacity to manoeuvre on the field.

The undead have access to warriors, archers, chariots, light cavalry, heavy cavalry and wights, all skeletal. In addition, they have zombies, 2 war machines and a very fast flying beast.

Finally, the commanders, have access to some spells that are not for all, but that's for another time.

On the Erehwon FB page there is a WIP pic of a 400pt Olympian demo warband, though apparently 1000pts is a standard game.
My current project...Classic Wargame - An experiment in 24" of wargaming!

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=140633.new#new

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #166 on: January 10, 2019, 09:50:08 PM »
Took me a while to work out 'retenu'.
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline sir_shvantselot

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #167 on: January 10, 2019, 11:49:24 PM »
Bahaha. True. Doesn't own the ip of WFB though. Guess I'm just sick of boar mounted orcs. Why not sabre tooth tigers or mammoths?

Because we’ve all got five hundred quid’s worth of Warhammer armies in our cupboards which include boar mounted Orcs. I have fifteen. Nice to use them...

I’ve pre-ordered these rules. Hope they take off.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #168 on: January 11, 2019, 02:20:24 AM »
Just posting to get all the input.  :)
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #169 on: January 11, 2019, 02:45:07 AM »
Because we’ve all got five hundred quid’s worth of Warhammer armies
about 2 units then  ;)

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #170 on: January 11, 2019, 03:53:29 AM »
Took me a while to work out 'retenu'.

The format of these previews drives me crazy.

Offline Kitsune

• Mad Scientist
    • Mosquito on the Tenth Floor
« Reply #171 on: January 11, 2019, 09:31:27 AM »
The format of these previews drives me crazy.

I know! Its almost as if English wasn't their first language ;)

Offline aktr

• Librarian
« Reply #172 on: January 11, 2019, 11:26:30 AM »
I hope they start giving out a few more details about how the game actually works

Offline andyskinner

• Bookworm
« Reply #173 on: January 11, 2019, 01:29:51 PM »
This game's being marketed with the old Wargames Factory orcs, no? Those scale pretty well with the GW LotR orcs (though not with any boar-riding models I can think of, which is odd too).

But  the description of the orcs are the massive ferocious brutes.  Someone else suggested doubling up.  I'd have to look to see whether it gave the right feel.

The game I've been playing (Age of Fantasy, one page rules) has alternating activations.   I could get some of the uncertainty that the Warlord games offer by drawing chips instead of alternating.

andy

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #174 on: January 11, 2019, 01:43:49 PM »
I know! Its almost as if English wasn't their first language ;)

Are these posts an official Warlord thing or a fan?

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #175 on: January 11, 2019, 02:22:37 PM »
I assume they are being done by someone who works at Warlord. They are going up on the Warlords of Erehwon FB page.

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #176 on: January 11, 2019, 02:28:55 PM »
I assume they are being done by someone who works at Warlord. They are going up on the Warlords of Erehwon FB page.

None of the Erewhon pages say they are official so I didn’t want to assume. If that is the case then it’s inexcusable. 

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #177 on: January 11, 2019, 02:33:52 PM »
Aye, I wouldn't be happy if it was my company. It's not the end of the world though and as long as its not indicative of the book I will be happy.

It does leave me wondering if Warlord are underestimating the appeal of the book and so not committing many resources to its release. The lack of Order Dice in the full starter set seems odd...I assume they think the book will only appeal to those players who already have them and play Bolt Action and / or Antares.

Offline aktr

• Librarian
« Reply #178 on: January 11, 2019, 03:16:08 PM »
The lack of Order Dice in the full starter set seems odd...I assume they think the book will only appeal to those players who already have them and play Bolt Action and / or Antares.

I wonder if its because the BA/ Antares say Ambush, Advance, Rally etc. on them
Maybe the actions have been renamed to be sound a bit more old fashioned

the starter comes with 20 d10 in 2 different colours so assuming you have 5 units aside you can put 5 black dice and 5 white dice in a cup/bag and still have 10 left to play the game with

I'm just guessing her, it could just be like you said that its a quick cash grab and they don't think it will have a wide appeal

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #179 on: January 11, 2019, 03:59:55 PM »
Nah those terms are old and I think they'd be unlikely to do Order Dice specific to a game that they aren't going to release many minis for.

For my part it sounds like the kinda Fantasy game I've been waiting for as I drifted away from rank'n file games with 5th or 6th edition WFB. With the success of SAGA in recent years I can definitely see these rules appealing, though perhaps more so if they had come with a range of minis.