Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:14:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Intrigues and inquiries in a Sengoku domain  (Read 3445 times)

Offline Patrice

• Mastermind
  • Breizh / Brittany
    • "Argad!"
Intrigues and inquiries in a Sengoku domain
« on: November 27, 2018, 04:10:25 PM »
We had another Sengoku game last month, at "24 Heures du Jeu" convention in Theix-Noyalo (Brittany). With 13 players and a GM it was the largest game that our group ever organised by itself.

There were four gaming tables, representing different parts of a large domain (the characters were free to go from table to table). Ruleset was Argad with some adaptations.

It was still a part of our Sengoku campaign. After the events of the previous games, which saw the victory of one family over its opponents, this scenario was totally oriented towards RPG diplomacy and inquiries in the newly conquered domain. In fact there was no fighting at all! And only two casualties (as far as I know), a NPC murdered in town (I did not witness it, my own character was busy visiting some monk on a faraway table when it happened), and the village governor (PC) who had to do seppuku near the end of the game when his lord (PC) discovered that he had disobeyed all orders because he preferred to harass the villagers and travellers for petty reasons instead.

AAR in French with many pictures:
https://euthanasor-wargamesetmodelisme.blogspot.com/2018/11/lunification-hojo-compte-rendu-de.html

Offline Nimrod

• Scientist
    • Слишком много ножей
Re: Intrigues and inquiries in a Sengoku domain
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 02:31:18 PM »
Very nice miniatures, good looking terrain and creative scenario! It was a pleasure to read about exploits of all of these characters. Thank you for sharing it!

P.S Would be really great to have small synopsis of scenario in english, in your blog posts as google translate apparently not up to the task of translating all of this flowery language used.  :)

Offline Euthanasor

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 05:03:42 PM »
Hi Nimrod,
I know this blog would be a lot more popular in english, but it already took me 8 hours to write the french AAR. It would be a lot more longer for me to try to do it in english. Rather, I'd dream about it. Thank you for your kind reaction.
Nicolas

Offline Shipka

• Mastermind
    • RussoTurkishWar1877
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 05:26:24 PM »
I would be interested to know the size of each table

Offline Patrice

• Mastermind
  • Breizh / Brittany
    • "Argad!"
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 06:55:44 PM »
I would be interested to know the size of each table

If I remember well, three of the gaming tables were 1.20m x 2.40m, and the fourth one (allowing for a long stripe of sea) was 2.00m x 2.40m.

Most of our terrain tiles are 1.20m x 0.60m; a few are 0.60m x 0.60m; or 1.20 x 0.20m for coastal elements intended to be placed on a blue tarp of "sea".

Offline orc

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 05:26:08 AM »
 :o love your gaming tables guys!! I Wish just have one like those!!! thanks for sharing!!!

Offline Patrice

• Mastermind
  • Breizh / Brittany
    • "Argad!"
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2018, 11:55:07 AM »
We must thank "Euthanasor" who not only made one castle and half of the buildings etc, but also spends a lot of time to devise the scenarios and intrigues and to write character sheets for every player in this campaign, and acts as GM which was not an easy task with 13 players this time.

And he adds small surprises everywhere. For exemple, in this game, a female player who usually leads a group of ninjas was only moving from place to place a cart of singers and comedians. So everyone suspected these comedians to be ninjas, but in fact they didn't do any harm during the game.  ??? ...However this player was always busy on other tables talking secretly with some players but not moving any other miniatures. I now think that her real ninjas were in some other disguise and moved by the GM as if they were NPCs... it worked so well that I never suspected it during the game.  ::)  lol

Offline Euthanasor

• Librarian
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2018, 03:47:31 PM »
Don't forget the 450 miniatures I painted. I took me a lot of time too.
Damn' !  I will have to invent other diversions for the ninja player next time...

Offline Patrice

• Mastermind
  • Breizh / Brittany
    • "Argad!"
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2018, 04:19:45 PM »
Damn' !  I will have to invent other diversions for the ninja player next time...

lol lol lol

Offline levied troop

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2018, 08:00:02 AM »
That looks fabulous as always and your scenarios (and games play) always seem so inventive.  Consider it an incentive to learn French! :)
The League of Gentlemen Anti Alchemists
(We Turn Gold into Lead)

Offline Euthanasor

• Librarian
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2018, 04:17:48 PM »
That looks fabulous as always and your scenarios (and games play) always seem so inventive.  Consider it an incentive to learn French! :)

Thanks a lot ! Years of researchs and reading to build those credible's or possible's scenarii. But I don't want strictly historical ones because I can't drive the story once launched and I don't want players to anticipate real situations or facts.
So : Clans are false, dates are vague, characters are invented (some inspired by real personnalities), intrigues are found in novels, movies, NHK historical drama series, and of course mixed through my own melting pot (nights and days, up to have and interresting story for each player).

I often have to rebuid the whole story line because of the deaths of essential characters, and it obliges me to wonder another options and to imagine the most credible reaction new situations would generate. Luckyly, I often have 2 or 3 months between each game.
Then, I build decors, paint the figures I will need, write one's player's role.
But two years without stopping, I start to be a little bit tired of it. Next time, we'll have a multi players 'large battle (with an unpredictable issue) that might change the whole configuration. I will stop for a while after it, ... unless new great ideas emerge ^_^.
In fact, it's really a full-time engagement.
(I hope my english is good enough to be understood).

Offline levied troop

• Mastermind
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2018, 11:51:03 AM »
(I hope my english is good enough to be understood).

You are perfectly clear.   je suis désolé mes compétences en français sont très pauvres.

Offline Patrice

• Mastermind
  • Breizh / Brittany
    • "Argad!"
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2018, 02:44:29 PM »
The singers cart everyone suspected...  :D

However my guards did let them enter my house, to give entertainment to the people there. I was blamed by my daimyo (PC) for that later, because I kept some hostages for him in my house and he feared ninjas would want to kill them.  ::)

...Oooh and I've just realized that the daimyo could not have seen it, he was busy on another table at this moment... It's certainly my neighbour (PC) who told him! There are spies everywhere in this campaign! :-X
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 02:46:03 PM by Patrice »

Offline Euthanasor

• Librarian
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2018, 03:10:19 PM »
Only I and the ninja player know who were those magnificent singers and dancers and what they were doing. Mouhahahaha ! (evil laugh)

Offline Captain yapudo

• Scientist
    • STRATEJEUX
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2018, 03:38:57 PM »
GREAT  ;)
If you deploy your right army on the left,
and the left on your right,
your enemy can't know your intention....
"Confusionnus"