Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:08:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Outland: A Sci-Fi Project: The Baronial Rangers.. (08/11)  (Read 64875 times)

Offline zrunelord

• Mastermind
    • Picts from the Front
Re: Outland: A Sci-Fi Project: Jungle bases.. (05/11)
« Reply #420 on: November 06, 2022, 01:31:29 PM »
Nice work.
If i am not mistaken, playmobil had other & different jungle plants. Sort of like short palm leaves.
I've had some for years so perhaps they are oop but if you look around you might find some & add them to your collection.

Z
http://castrarunis.blogspot.com/

Imagine & you can.
Most see shapes you must see possibilities.
Z

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #421 on: November 06, 2022, 02:43:53 PM »
Thanks, chaps.
 :)

Someone's been busy. The building topper idea that you did for your Okd West stuff works really well for this too. You've executed it extremely well. Great stuff!

Cheers, mate.
I have just been finishing off some simple stuff that has sat around for a while.
Sometimes things just need to be finished, and it does feel pretty good just getting things done.
I still have a load of those 'toppers' that I made for the old west town which I will utilise at some point.
In fact, some of the recent additions were originally intended for the cowtown modification and having them laying around has saved me a lot of time.
 ;) :)

Nice work.
If i am not mistaken, playmobil had other & different jungle plants. Sort of like short palm leaves.
I've had some for years so perhaps they are oop but if you look around you might find some & add them to your collection.

Z

Thank you.
I alraedy have a box of playmobil bits that need sorting out (maybe soon...) but not sure if I have any palm trees.
I will have to take a look and see what is available.

Online DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #422 on: November 06, 2022, 06:33:18 PM »
That market, Mason, really csme out nicely!

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #423 on: November 08, 2022, 12:21:02 PM »
That market, Mason, really csme out nicely!

Thank you, Sir!

Simple, quick and serviceable was the order of the day with all these latest additions (market, tank, bridges and plants).
And I am happy enough with that.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Re: Outland: A Sci-Fi Project: The Baronial Rangers.. (08/11)
« Reply #424 on: November 08, 2022, 01:36:19 PM »
As this thread was originally meant to be a place where I can put all of my Outland stuff together I am going to start putting all the other stuff here and get shot of the other threads.
All in one place will certainly make my life easier!

(Please forgive the OOP Blind Beggar Miniatures logos but I cannot be bothered to doctor them all!).

Bearing that in mind I thought I would start with one of the most used Factions, the Forces of the Baron, the would-be ruler of the planet.

First up are the Baronial Guard, the garrison troops who patrol areas already under the control of the Baron are on page 15 but there are other trrops that the Baron can call on dependant on the situation.

This section may as well begin with The Baron Himself, accompanied by two members of The Baronial Guard....

And now the various sections that do not come under the remit of the Baronial Guard:

Beginning with the Baronial Rangers, who are used in areas that have not been pacified or where more movement and agility is required than the heavily armoured Guard Troopers can provide...

The Rangers normally operate in seven strong teams and have a reputation for being ruthless.

Also attached to the Rangers are the Baronial Hunters, trackers that are usually used to hunt down fugitives. Hunter teams are accompanied by Cyber Hounds to aid them in their task, some of which may be huge and armoured.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 01:36:12 PM by Mason »

Online DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
Re: Outland: A Sci-Fi Project: The Baronial Guard.. (08/11)
« Reply #425 on: November 08, 2022, 06:39:56 PM »
I love rhosw cyclopses!  :o The Baronial guard looks also pretty cool. Nice Star Wars meets Dune vibes here.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Re: Outland: A Sci-Fi Project: The Baronial Guard.. (08/11)
« Reply #426 on: November 09, 2022, 03:03:32 PM »
I love rhosw cyclopses!  :o The Baronial guard looks also pretty cool. Nice Star Wars meets Dune vibes here.

Thanks!
The Cyclops are fun and this now reminds me that I need to make the attachments for them, so that is now on the to-do list.

Note: The Baronial Guard are on page 15 already.
I did not realise this so have updated the thread correctly to now show the Baronial Ranger Troops on this page instead.
D'oh!