Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:52:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Suggestions/Experience with?  (Read 1109 times)

Offline KONNOC

• Librarian
Suggestions/Experience with?
« on: December 22, 2018, 07:01:21 PM »
I have a lead on some great minis... but the seller won't ship to Canada.  Anyone have any similar experience/ suggestions on how to resolve this?  I can't miss out on these.

Offline Skrapwelder

• Mastermind
  • Pluviophile
    • What Ho, Cythereans!
Re: Suggestions/Experience with?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 08:02:14 PM »
I can't help you with people's postage bias but maybe there are alternative solutions. Is he in the US? If that's the case have him ship it to someone in the states who can then send it on to you. It will cost a little more but perhaps its worth it.

Offline Arundel

• Mastermind
  • Galloping Outward Into the Weather!
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 08:24:36 PM »
Skrapweld'er's advice is spot on. Try that and let us know how goes? Strange about not shipping to Canada; some parts of the world definitely have a reputation, but as far as I know the Great White North isn't one of them...

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2018, 08:39:07 PM »

Offline KONNOC

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2018, 09:04:22 PM »
Thanks for the replies... I had a contact in the US who would ship (US Only shipping items) to me here in Canada via him but sadly that is no longer an option.  I honestly have no idea what the sellers issue is with shipping to Toronto, considering he's in New York State... but hey I'm looking for a work around.

I order from all over the world quite regularly and have had no issues myself....

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2018, 04:12:21 PM »
Thanks for the replies... I had a contact in the US who would ship (US Only shipping items) to me here in Canada via him but sadly that is no longer an option.  I honestly have no idea what the sellers issue is with shipping to Toronto, considering he's in New York State... but hey I'm looking for a work around.

I order from all over the world quite regularly and have had no issues myself....

FWIW I'm in central New York myself and could forward something along via US mail at cost to you if you really wanted, but be aware that postage to Canada is unreasonably steep.  It costs as just about as much to ship there as it does to send to Australia despite the fact that it's literally only a few hours drive to the border.

Offline snitcythedog

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Snitchys blog
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2018, 04:20:14 PM »
It costs as just about as much to ship there as it does to send to Australia despite the fact that it's literally only a few hours drive to the border.

Day trip?  if we have any LAF members in Buffalo you might be able to ship to and visit.  Just a suggestion.
A bottle of scotch and two aspirin a day will greatly reduce your awareness of heart disease.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference"... Mark Twain
http://snitchythedog.blogspot.com

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2018, 05:49:30 PM »
Day trip?  if we have any LAF members in Buffalo you might be able to ship to and visit.  Just a suggestion.

I'm pretty sure an internet search will turn up businesses near the border (on both sides) that offer package-holding services.  They certainly used to in the 90s when I was living in North Tonawanda.

Offline KONNOC

• Librarian
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2018, 08:31:20 PM »
Thanks for the advice!
I have a bit of footwork to do now, but at least I'm on track again.
 @Hobby Services....I will be in touch via PM when I have a better handle on things.  I just may take you up on your kind offer.