Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:35:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691073
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 823
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Q's on Bloodletters  (Read 2046 times)

Offline Trysop

• Scientist
Q's on Bloodletters
« on: June 03, 2009, 10:46:33 AM »

Hello,

I am not sure if this is the best forum to post this on, but as FW is mostly what I do I thought I would ask here first, but If the mods feel it would be better elsewhere please do move it.

I am interested in using some of the newest plastic GW bloodletters as generic demons for a game.

Firstly, are they really 10 minis for £12? This seems very cheap for GW.....

Secondly, are the command parts (standard, horn etc) extras? can you have all ten made up as standard demons with just a sword, I would like ten normal rank and file demons, not a champions and standard bearer etc.

If anyone who has some could answer these Q's I would be most grateful.

Cheers

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
Re: Q's on Bloodletters
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 11:01:46 AM »
I have the box sitting in the house. Never got round to building them yet.
I will have a look and let you know tomorrow. I'll try for a picture of the frame if you want?

Offline Trysop

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 12:58:37 PM »
Hello,

that would be much appreciated. I would really like to  know if you can get ten normal ones out of the one box or if the command ones must be made up to make the full ten? if that makes sence.

I am also a bit thrown by the price, are they really 10 for £12.

Cheers for the help

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 01:04:18 PM »
They are 12 quid for 10 and you can assemble them as 10 rank and file models as well. The extra command bits are just that: extra. Otherwise people would be having a hard time building a unit of 20. Also, 12 quid is reasonable but in the end it's only two plastic sprues in a cardboard box (not sure on the number of sprues to be honest) so just consider yourself lucky you don't want more expensive models 8)
Let me hear the battle cry
Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly
Before the storm begins

Offline Trysop

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 01:21:42 PM »
Hello,

cheers for the info, I dont play WH (well I did a few times back in the days of 2nd and 3rd edition) and I was not sure how GW were doing units these days, I thought it might be one box = one unit for their games.

I was thrown by the price as it did seem cheaper than the rest of the demon stuff they do, by quite a lot!

I though it must be a mistake  ;)

I had better toddle on and get some before the price goes up  ;D

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 02:10:59 PM »
GW's pricing doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Just look at the prices for their new Empire Greatswords - £25 for 10 models, whilst the daemons are £12 for 10. Does that make any sense to any of you? Not all that but the new daemons have totally unbalanced the otherwise reasonably balanced Warhammer fantasy battle game.

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 03:09:33 PM »
From GW point of view your only going to buy one pack of great swords, maybe two, and every empire army needs them, best unit and all that. But only one unit. So at £25 they will still get their money
With the Boodletters more people will buy a few boxes for both their WHFB and 40K. So overall they will sell more and make even more money.

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
    • http://www.four-colorstudios.com/
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 03:45:46 PM »
I plan on mixing Bloodletters with Kroot parts to make some Master Shapers and mountless Kroot Trackers.

They're great models, and IMHO, a good bargain for the money. Of course, when it comes to mass battle games like 40K, I prefer plastic to metal for ease of conversion, transport, and overall durability.

Scott

Scott P.
http://scott-pyle.tumblr.com/
http://www.four-colorstudios.com/

======
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

--Ernest Hemingway

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009, 04:54:39 PM »
Inspired by this topic (and the models) I couldn't resist and ordered some Bloodletters as well to convert to more generic monsters, hmmm...