Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:07:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Cyberpunk Chronicles: Yoyodyne Taskforce  (Read 4663 times)

Offline Torben

• Scientist
  • Scatterbrained Wargamer!
Cyberpunk Chronicles: Yoyodyne Taskforce
« on: June 04, 2009, 12:24:47 AM »
Been a very long time since I've posted on these boards, but inspiration has struck me quite severely and Yoyodyne Systems Taskforce Alpha is the first product of this new found inspiration (well, not quite, but it's a new project - cyberpunk skirmish games; a bit of a backburner project for a long time, and still so until I finish up the Chronicle rules...)

Anyway, without further introduction:

Taskforce Alpha

Here we go! The whole team, so far, have assembled for a publicity shot. I'm not 100% happy with the result of the white, but it was hard to get it anywhere since I was painting on a black undercoat.

Max Cayne - Troubleshooter

Here we've got the not-Marv/Hellboy figure from Hasslefree; and he just fit the part perfectly! Especially the little "NIN" touch ;)

Yoyodyne Enforcers

And these old puppies have been on my 'coated but unpainted shelf for over three years now. So I finally finished them up, liked the result and now I'll need som more. They're from the old line of VOID miniatures, back in the hey days of I-Kore, and looks just the part for Corporate Troops.

I'll eventually expand on this project at a steady pace, what with my Cybercops, Rival Corp, Various Scavengers, Mercenaries and a whole lot more Future War goodness. Stay tuned to a net-node near you... ;)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 12:27:08 AM by Phoenikuz »

Offline DFlynSqrl

• Mastermind
Re: Cyberpunk Chronicles: Yoyodyne Taskforce
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 02:43:17 AM »
Sounds interesting.  So you're creating your own set of rules for this?

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 07:36:21 AM »
Sounds interesting. Are these the rules you spoke about over on the post-apoc forum a while back?

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 09:42:53 AM »

Those figures work very well together.  The not-Marv isnt a figure that would have immediately popped into my head for use in "futuristic" games.  Match his shirt with the uniform on some of those cool looking i-Kore guys however and all of a sudden he is a Bladerunner  8)

I am looking forward to seeing what other figures that you plan to put together.  I am always interested in rules for small scale sci-fi games too.

Offline Torben

• Scientist
  • Scatterbrained Wargamer!
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 04:02:42 PM »
Thank you all; and just to show that I'm not all that lazy, here's another one:

Yoyodyne Kick/Murder Unit

I know that it isn't the best photograph in the world, but the weather is a bit off today here in DK; rather fitting giving the subject matter in mind.

@Dijit
Yes, in a way it is the rules that I spoke off on the post-apoc forum a while back; although they have been completely revised since those days. For starters, It uses the humble d6 instead of a d10. Oh and, I'm writing it in Danish at first.. for a fantasy variant that people would like to see.

It's house rules and what not that have been cobbled together over the years, and I'm looking at releasing it through Lulu (or similar) in the end. I hope to have the first version done over the summer. Playtesters, etc, are more than welcome aboard :)

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 06:30:23 PM »
Thank you all; and just to show that I'm not all that lazy, here's another one:

Yoyodyne Kick/Murder Unit

I know that it isn't the best photograph in the world, but the weather is a bit off today here in DK; rather fitting giving the subject matter in mind.

@Dijit
Yes, in a way it is the rules that I spoke off on the post-apoc forum a while back; although they have been completely revised since those days. For starters, It uses the humble d6 instead of a d10. Oh and, I'm writing it in Danish at first.. for a fantasy variant that people would like to see.

It's house rules and what not that have been cobbled together over the years, and I'm looking at releasing it through Lulu (or similar) in the end. I hope to have the first version done over the summer. Playtesters, etc, are more than welcome aboard :)

@Dijit:

And Torben will also be at the next Random Encounter at Åbakken.
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 11:24:16 PM »
All the more reason to come then! Just trying to find out where and when I am around over the summer.