Forum > Back of Beyond

Miniatures for Japanese Artillery in Mongolia?

(1/3) > >>

FBadger:
First let me say that I was very pleased to run across this Back Of Beyond forum shortly after reading the latest book about Baron Ungern-Sternberg, The Bloody White Baron. It's very gratifying to see lots of other people doing very similar things already, and with great aplomb too, I must add.

I actually found the book so inspiring that I have decided to put together an Ungern-Sternberg army myself. I haven't had too much trouble finding most of the miniatures I need, as it seems Copplestone has produced the majority of them already.

The one thing I'd very much like to include though that I haven't immediately found good examples of is Japanese artillery. I see that Old glory produces a fairly okay Japanese artillery crew set, here but I don't see any artillery pieces on their site.

I am going to go out on a limb and assume that the Japanese were probably using the Model 41 (If anyone knows differently, let me know!). I did find one company that makes a Model 41, Figure Armours Artillery USA, but they don't have a picture of it on their site! Has anyone seen one? Does anyone know of any other good source for this artillery piece or a good stand-in?

This era and locale is totally fascinating to me right now. I look forward to any thoughts or input that anyone else might be able to provide!

--Ben

gamer Mac:
Are FAA not 20 mm?

Svennn:
I would probably go with something from the Tiger Miniatures range. Nice AND cheap. Maybe not accurate enough for you but I allow a little leeway in my BoB.

Svennn

Boggler:
I've just used the Copplestone Chinese Field Gun and crew.

It might not be accurate but it looks the part.

FBadger:

--- Quote from: gamer Mac on June 02, 2009, 11:27:22 AM ---Are FAA not 20 mm?

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure what you mean here. I'm hoping to do 25/28mm for my army.

--- Quote from: Svennn the DH Nut on June 02, 2009, 11:40:00 AM ---I would probably go with something from the Tiger Miniatures range. Nice AND cheap. Maybe not accurate enough for you but I allow a little leeway in my BoB.

--- End quote ---

Ah I have not looked at their ranges before!  They don't have Japanese crew, but they do have some nice artillery to be sure. I may well end up with something from them. Thank you for the suggestion!

--- Quote from: Boggler on June 02, 2009, 02:33:49 PM ---I've just used the Copplestone Chinese Field Gun and crew.

It might not be accurate but it looks the part.

--- End quote ---

Interesting suggestion! I am quite fond of many the Copplestone sculpts. I'll take another look at their Chinese guns and see how they look. Thanks!

I certainly don't have my heart set on 100% accuracy. I take it from these responses that there aren't many companies making Japanese ranges from this period? I had expected I might find something more from the Boxer Rebellion that would be pretty close, but the Old Glory stuff was all I could find.

I'd actually be very interested to know what others are using for their armies in general. As I said earlier I'm expecting that most of my force will be made up of Copplestone BoB models. Has anyone run across any other units from the Baron's army that aren't included in the Copplestone range?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version