Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:51:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689488
  • Total Topics: 118281
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Looking for Rules Recommendation  (Read 5718 times)

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Re: Looking for Rules Recommendation
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2019, 07:57:21 PM »
I'll heavily agree - there is no other miniature line on the market that touches Knuckleduster at the moment.  Not one.  Best old west figures by a mile.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 187
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline spect_spidey

• Scientist
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2019, 09:10:40 PM »
I'll heavily agree - there is no other miniature line on the market that touches Knuckleduster at the moment.  Not one.  Best old west figures by a mile.

My first set of Knuckleduster minis arrived today. I got to say, I like them way more than the Blackwater Gulch ones that I ordered. Now if only I could get some Chinese rail workers or Tong from them and maybe a few more Banditos or some supernatural items to fill in for Dracula's America factions and some Deadlands roleplaying. LOL

Andrew_McGuire

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2019, 05:53:20 PM »
I'm not surprised that you're impressed. The only others which fit in with them in terms of size and detail to the best of my knowledge, are Black Scorpion, but I only have the older metal ones, which are no longer in production. The resin replacements are no doubt equally - if not better - detailed, but I can't see weapons resisting regular handling, let alone being dropped, as the metal ones do.

I'd also like to see more Knuckleduster banditos, and Apaches are surely mandatory as a future release.

Offline WulframMors

• Librarian
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2019, 05:21:13 PM »
I'm not surprised that you're impressed. The only others which fit in with them in terms of size and detail to the best of my knowledge, are Black Scorpion, but I only have the older metal ones, which are no longer in production. The resin replacements are no doubt equally - if not better - detailed, but I can't see weapons resisting regular handling, let alone being dropped, as the metal ones do.

I'd also like to see more Knuckleduster banditos, and Apaches are surely mandatory as a future release.

The Black Scorpion minis, while nice, are a bit to chunky and a little taller than Knuckleduster. Knuckleduster is in between Black Scorpion and the likes of Artizan, DMH, and the official Dracula's America line. Personally I like mixing them with Artizan and such, Black Scorpion is just a bit too heroic for my tastes to fit in well.

My Fallout Project: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=63394.0
My Dracula's America Project: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=105669.0

Offline warrenpeace

• Mastermind
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2019, 03:40:18 PM »
Now if only I could get some Chinese rail workers or Tong from them

Empress >>> Tsuba >>> miscellaneous: 3 packs of Chinese, including one of Tong.

Crucible Crush >>> Pulp Figures >>> Yangtze Gangs: Many of these have open hands and can be given shovels & picks & hammers instead of swords & spears & axes. A few have muskets and could defend the Chinese camp. Only 2 of the 10 Tong figures have tommy guns. The other 8 Tong figures could be used for Old West.
Sailors have more fun!

Andrew_McGuire

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2019, 05:17:21 PM »
Caliver Books now has the Gunfighter's Ball rule book and cards in stock, together with a lot of new figures. The figures (GBF 58 - GFB83) aren't on the catalogue as yet, or even listed under New Additions, but newsletter subscribers will have received the Early January update.

P.S. For anyone confused by the product codes, so am I.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 05:25:15 PM by Andrew_McGuire »

Offline frank xerox

• Scientist
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2019, 10:03:13 AM »
Yup, I've ordered my set of rules - cant wait. I've been looking forward to these for ages after missing the Kickstarter