Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:41:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689629
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Rangers of Shadow Deep rules question  (Read 1412 times)

Offline Mrs. Esterhouse

• Bookworm
Rangers of Shadow Deep rules question
« on: January 28, 2019, 12:44:27 AM »
Hello, 2 questions from last nights games.

If a ranger is reduced to 0 health during a mission but survives after rolling on the survival table, and the mission was completed by his companions and another ranger, does he gain experience as normal?

And when rolling after a mission to search for wolfsbane to cure lycanthropy, can you use the heroic ability Focus to add to the roll? What if Focus was used during the mission prior to rolling?

Thanks

Offline Old Coast

• Librarian
    • plastic legions
Re: Rangers of Shadow Deep rules question
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 12:09:16 PM »

If a ranger is reduced to 0 health during a mission but survives after rolling on the survival table, and the mission was completed by his companions and another ranger, does he gain experience as normal?

Yes , the section on Ranger and Companion experience makes a distintinction between survival ( meaning not dying on the chart post game ) and being reduced to 0 health when referencing Companions . As long as your Ranger survives to go on another mission you get it , although I'd only give mine XP up to the point he was knocked out of action .

And when rolling after a mission to search for wolfsbane to cure lycanthropy, can you use the heroic ability Focus to add to the roll? What if Focus was used during the mission prior to rolling?

As a general rule I'd say No. Abilities are only to be used on a Rangers "activation" between games you aren't activating . However ,  The bit in Bloodmoon clearly  says "after a mission" , in that case I would say if you Did Not use the focus ability in current mission , then Yes.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 12:10:56 PM by Old Coast »
Check out my adventures in lead and plastic http://plasticlegions.blogspot.com

Offline Mrs. Esterhouse

• Bookworm
Re: Rangers of Shadow Deep rules question
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 02:21:28 PM »
Cool. Thank you for the clarifying response.